• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Thread of Superfluous Subtitles

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Andrex said:
Yeah I heard TDWDTG is the second hardest song. :/ I can't beat either of the bosses on hard, so that song is gonna snap me like a twig.

DWDTG is the hardest song in the game.

Bigfoot

bune duggy said:
... GH: Aerosmith set list ...

Wow, that sucks. My game boner for this game has gone limp. First, the Lenny Kravitz song wasn't "Are you gonna go my way" (at least it is in the next GH). Now, there is no White Stripes song, and they pretty much ignored the last half of Aerosmith's career. I was looking forward to playing "Eat the Rich", but I wasn't expecting it. However, I was expecting "Dude looks like a lady" and "Janie got a gun" and either "Amazing" or "Crazy".

I think this game went from a must-buy to just a rent. Too bad I need another guitar... maybe I'll just wait for GHIV :(

Some impressions on the Coldplay DLC. first off im a HUGE coldplay fan and was happy as hell to see them in any game.

Ok so IMO coldplay does not belong in Guitar Hero. the charts are repetitive and easy...you simply cannot break down coldplay into just guitar. Rock Band dropped the ball badly because these songs could have been a homerun and if anything these songs should have been saved for GHWT.

Violet Hill sounds weird....I can't explain it.....it just sounds like they were forcing it REALLY hard with this song. Bad song choice IMO. should have went with something else on Viva La Vida to promote the album. Kickass lyrics though.....RB vocalist AM cry.

Yellow is better and the song is just fun to listen too. the song carries the chart. Although much better then violet Hill. Again RB vocalist AM cry.

God Put A Smile On Your Face is the best of the bunch. pretty decent chart and fun. as a RB drummer I cried.

Overall not bad at all. although I really wish they would have saved it for GHWT but if they are doing more coldplay for GHWT then all is forgiven.

There should have been a swap in DLC FOR SURE this week. A7X, Offspring on GH and Coldplay on RB. must be backwards week at HMX & Red Octane.

DarkJC

Posting it in here because I don't know where else to put it and wasn't sure if it was "new thread" worthy but...

GH: Aerosmith charts have started appearing on Youtube for the first 5 songs (from the demo disc released to stores)

They were added 5 days ago so maybe old but whatever:

Always On The Run: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6-uLO9lFfng
Sweet: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2ARvq-Br2DY
I Hate Myself For Loving You: http://youtube.com/watch?v=yQ_xuad9lWs
Walk This Way (Run DMC remix): http://youtube.com/watch?v=M-Kuf2EcMc8

Dream On is the 5th song and they didn't take a video cause it was available for download for GH3 as well.

One thing I noticed within these videos was a very nice change done to Pro Face Off...you can both pick separate difficulties and still play the whole song :D

I don't know why anyone would bother even playing Face Off anymore, I hated alternating.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
DarkJC said:
One thing I noticed within these videos was a very nice change done to Pro Face Off...you can both pick separate difficulties and still play the whole song :D

I don't know why anyone would bother even playing Face Off anymore, I hated alternating.
That's great news. Locking the difficulty for both players sucked.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
DarkJC said:
Posting it in here because I don't know where else to put it and wasn't sure if it was "new thread" worthy but...

GH: Aerosmith charts have started appearing on Youtube for the first 5 songs (from the demo disc released to stores)

They were added 5 days ago so maybe old but whatever:

Always On The Run: http://youtube.com/watch?v=6-uLO9lFfng
Sweet: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2ARvq-Br2DY
I Hate Myself For Loving You: http://youtube.com/watch?v=yQ_xuad9lWs
Walk This Way (Run DMC remix): http://youtube.com/watch?v=M-Kuf2EcMc8

Dream On is the 5th song and they didn't take a video cause it was available for download for GH3 as well.

Run DMC makes me red with anger. >:/...>_>

Wizpig

I was wondering one thing - i can't seem to find anymore the GH 3 stats Website.
You know, when the game launched you could link your profile to the website and track your stats, but ... now?

Where is that site?

DGRP

http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/covah/murlocs-invade-guitar-hero-92164.phtml

GNOMES, ELVES AND ORCS THRASH WITH A DIFFERENT AXE AS

WORLD OF WARCRAFT® JAM DEBUTS AS FREE DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT FOR GUITAR HERO® III: LEGENDS OF ROCK

SANTA MONICA, CA – June 25, 2008 – Combining the best selling game of 2007 with the world’s most popular massively multiplayer online role-playing game, Blizzard Entertainment®’s World of Warcraft®, players across the globe will soon be shredding to a free downloadable track for Activision Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Guitar Hero® III: Legends of Rock.

World of Warcraft players will remember the hit “I am Murloc” as the tongue-in-cheek tribute to the beloved race of fish-people by Blizzard Entertainment’s house band, Level 70 Elite Tauren Chieftain. The thrash metal-style song debuted to delighted attendees at Blizzard Entertainment’s BlizzCon™ 2005 gaming convention in Anaheim, CA.

Rock stars will be able to rip it up to “I am Murloc” by downloading it on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and the PLAYSTATION®Store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system starting on June 26, 2008 in advance of the 2008 Blizzard Entertainment Worldwide Invitational held in Paris, France June 28 and June 29.

Better late than never. :D

TomServo

Probably most affected by the Wii mono thing have already gotten their exchange, but I was LTTP with that. Only took them about a week - color me surprised.

Jasoco

Banned
I just got GH:III this weekend and it is great. I do have one question though and I hope it wasn't answered already, but how does money work in the GH series? Can you only get money the first time you play a song in Career? Is the money set or based on how you play that one time? So basically do you have to play your best the first time or risk getting less money? Does the money only belong to the one band that gets it?

Also, how about bought stuff. Does a purchased character or guitar or outfit etc transfer to your other bands? Or will I have to buy each every time I start a new band?

These questions have bugged me for a while and I can't find them in the manual.

Also, why did they completely ruin Judy Nails' GH:II look? Oh well, at least now I have Midori... :D

PedroRVD

Can you only get money the first time you play a song in Career?

no, you get money when you get more stars. Example: if you play a song and get 4 stars, you receive money....if you play it again and get 3 stars...or even 4, you get nothing...but if you manage to get 5 stars, then you get more money. So, when you have 5-starred a song you will never get money again on that song. You can play in other difficulties tough....

The money you get depends only on the stars, you get money ONCE on each song for each amount of stars you get....if on your first try you get 5 stars on a song, you will get ALL the money you would have got if you 3-starred and 4-starred before, so dont worry.

So basically do you have to play your best the first time or risk getting less money?

As I said before, there is no risk of losing money.

Does the money only belong to the one band that gets it?

No, every band have the same total of money.

Does a purchased character or guitar or outfit etc transfer to your other bands? Or will I have to buy each every time I start a new band?

if you buy something with one band, you will see it already bought on another.

Well, thats it....excuse if my bad english confuses you.

borsdy

Banned
hay guyz its friday night and i have no friends, so I'm playing easy on hyperspeed to make the difficulty actually a little playable and I am just wondering if I should gold star all the career songss or if only 5* is just enough?

on 360, im an achievement whore, etc

borsdy

Banned
GH better boost a little in the live activity report this week, I literally played 40 hours worth in the span of 6 days. It wasn't a goal I am just surprised I played such a game so hard when there are better rythm games I should be playing instead.

TuxBobble

Hey I have a quick question...

Has anyone used the TAC guitars for the PS3? I own a Les Paul and a Nyko FrontMan (Nyko works w/ both RB and GH3 on PS3) and I'm going to sell off the Les Paul to get a TAC Double Range Freedom (http://store.theantcommandos.com/Double-Range-Guitar-Controller-for-PS2-and-PS3-p/drv-wl-bluv3.htm) mainly for interoperability between games. I wanted to know, does anyone know how good it is/have any experience w/ TAC in the past? Because if so, I think I might get one red and one blue, and sell the Nyko as well, that way the guitars are battling red vs blue--it would add a little color to it, plus we could play both games of course so I'd consider picking up Rock Band as well.

Does anyone have any feedback on them, or TAC guitars in general?

M3wThr33

Banned
They're ok. Quality varies wildy from what I've seen. A lot of people has some not working out of the box, but mine's held up so far.

The biggest complaint i have is the strum bar not feeling professional enough. It's a bit short length-wise and height-wise, but it works fine.

Banzaiaap said:
Damn, this game won't run proper at all on my new HDTV.. No matter how and how many times I calibrate the lag, I just can't get it right :(

If you're using a Sony Bravia XBR be sure to turn on Game Mode. I had the exact same problem with mine.

I count myself lucky that I've never changed the calibration on any music game across a good few HDTVs. I don't know if my eyes just adjust or if the lack of sound delays stops it being an issue, but every time I try and calibrate I just end up doing poorly.

W00000000t

ACTIVISION BRINGS MORE GUITAR SHREDDING EXCELLENCE TO GUITAR HERO® III: LEGENDS OF ROCK WITH NEW GUITAR VIRTUOSO TRACK PACK

Joe Satriani, Steve Vai and Buckethead to Headline

Tuesday 22nd July/... World renowned for their amazing shredding abilities, three legendary guitar artists make their virtual debut in Activision Publishing, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVID) Guitar Hero® III: Legends Of Rock. The Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack continues the ultimate rock experience with three fresh master tracks set to storm living rooms across the globe on July 24.

Experience influential guitarist Joe Satriani’s soulful 1987 hit, “Surfing with the Alien,” get blown away with guitar slinger Steve Vai’s reflective, “For the Love of God,” and feel the avant-garde compositions of underground rock’s most eccentric guitarist, Buckethead, as he shreds “Soothsayer,” at hyper-speed.

The Guitar Virtuoso Track Pack will allow rockers to further expand and customise their Guitar Hero play lists and get a taste of this quintessential rock trio beginning July 24 when it’s available for download on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®Store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

SURFING WITH THE ALIENNNNN YESSSSSSS x__x

Johnkers

Now here I am wishing I could just buy the track seperate...

Are these songs supposed to work with GH:WT? Cause if so, definately gonna pick em up. I only want the Satriani though :(

dave is ok

aztek is ok
These are the types of songs the GH series should be all about, look how popular the insanely difficult tracks on GHIII are. There is a large audience that will remain loyal to GH if you just throw them a six minute solo every now and then.

dave is ok said:
These are the types of songs the GH series should be all about, look how popular the insanely difficult tracks on GHIII are. There is a large audience that will remain loyal to GH if you just throw them a six minute solo every now and then.
I love solos like Free Bird (Lynyrd Skynyrd) in GH II (?)
What are the good GH III DLC here I could have missed ?

Cahill

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
So basically the send off to Guitar Hero III from Neversoft is finger rape? Now I can increase the number of songs I can't clear by 6!

Some of your scores are pretty crazy (in RB as well). What are the 6 you can't complete if I can ask? I am with you on Jordan and TtFaF (fuckin intro)... what else?

Yeah, so Buckethead is a nice relaxing stroll until 50% and then FUCK DEAD.

Now I have to play that easy shit for 3 minutes again? It's Freebird II: Buckethead Boogaloo.

Cahill said:
Some of your scores are pretty crazy (in RB as well). What are the 6 you can't complete if I can ask? I am with you on Jordan and TtFaF (fuckin intro)... what else?

I'm expecting I won't be able to beat the Dragonforce songs. Right now, I can't beat the new Buckethead one (though I've only tried once), DWDTG, Slash guitar battle and TTFATF. And there's another song in the bonus list I haven't beat, by In Flames I think, that I refuse to bother with just cos it's so unfun.

*edit* beat Soothsayer, but I forgot that I can't beat Putting Holes In Happiness.

Three minutes in to Soothsayer just seems weird to me. Something about the charting doesn't fit. Maybe it's just me.

Top Bottom