• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Thread of Superfluous Subtitles

Coming THIS Thursday; the pack I paid $20 for; THE INTERSCOPE TRACK PACKKKKKKKKKK

ACTIVISION SET TO RELEASE TRACK PACK FOR GUITAR HERO® III: LEGENDS OF ROCK FEATURING DISTINGUISHED ARTISTS FROM INTERSCOPE RECORDS

SANTA MONICA, CA – August 5, 2008 – The distinctive chords of three hit artists from Interscope Records will soon take the stage in Activision Publishing, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: ATVID) Guitar Hero® III: Legends of Rock. The three-song Intercope Track Pack will let gamers further expand and customize their Guitar Hero playlists and experience a variety of new tunes on August 7.

The pack will include the heavy lyrics of Flyleaf’s "Tina," the heartfelt track "Carcinogen Crush" from hardcore-punk turned goth band, AFI, as well as a remix of Marilyn Manson’s grinding, fast-paced "Putting Holes In Happiness" by Nick Zinner from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

The Flyleaf song I FC'd straight away, so I haven't played it in about 8 months. The AFI song is kinda fun. Putting Holes In Happiness I have yet to beat, and gave up trying long ago.

Again, I paid $20 for this $5 pack last year. $20. I bought the CD for somebody and had them email me the code.

Fuck.

AmMortal

Banned
Everyone is saying how great the virtuoso pack is but ive never heard of any of the artists included.

ive got £3 left over in my psn wallet, and dlc costs £4.dammit i dont want to add another £5.:lol

AmMortal said:
Everyone is saying how great the virtuoso pack is but ive never heard of any of the artists included.

ive got £3 left over in my psn wallet, and dlc costs £4.dammit i dont want to add another £5.:lol

PSN pulls that shit too? I thought just Xbox Live did that.

Buy that pack. Its awesome.

Ifrit

Any tips for beating Raining blood on expert? I've been trying for days to learn how to get through the Mosh 1 part, but I don't think I've made any significant progress

Xevren

Aw cmon Dave, you can beat Putting holes in happiness :p

I just want the Dragonforce pack to come out, love all these tough songs.

AmMortal

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
PSN pulls that shit too? I thought just Xbox Live did that.

Buy that pack. Its awesome.

yeah, and it sucks.

I'm gonna listen to the tracks on youtube and see how they sound like.

Xevren said:
Aw cmon Dave, you can beat Putting holes in happiness :p

I just want the Dragonforce pack to come out, love all these tough songs.

I just gave up with Putting Holes. I haven't tried for months. Maybe my skill level has risen in the last 6 months, but somehow I doubt it.

ty_hot

IGN says: The guitars for Guitar Hero III DO work with Rock Band.

I've heard that only the X360 version works, did they patch the PS3 one?

AmMortal said:

You don't need to add more 5, at least in the US PSS, just try buying it with the money you have in the wallet, it'll say that you don't have enough money and will ask for add the £1 that is missing :D

sneaky77

ty_hot said:
IGN says: The guitars for Guitar Hero III DO work with Rock Band.

I've heard that only the X360 version works, do they patched the PS3 one?

The GH3 guitar will be compatible with GH:WT in ps3 too, is 360 only when it comes to working in RB

Jugbot

All this incompatibility got me messed up...

I have GH3 for the ps3. This means I can't play GH 1 and 2 with the GH3 Les Paul.

If I buy GH Aerosmith for the ps 2 does that mean I can use that guitar to play those games? Or I have to have GHIII and GH Aerosmith for the same system...?

I would appreciate some help. Thanks

M3wThr33

Banned
Jugbot said:
All this incompatibility got me messed up...

I have GH3 for the ps3. This means I can't play GH 1 and 2 with the GH3 Les Paul.

If I buy GH Aerosmith for the ps 2 does that mean I can use that guitar to play those games? Or I have to have GHIII and GH Aerosmith for the same system...?

I would appreciate some help. Thanks
PS2 support is a no-go for ANYTHING.
Moving forward, all PS3 guitars will play nice, but ignore the PS2.

The only (Mostly) compatible PS2-on-PS3 guitars are The Ant Commando's guitars. (But not for GH2)

Belgand

M3wThr33 said:
PS2 support is a no-go for ANYTHING.
Moving forward, all PS3 guitars will play nice, but ignore the PS2.

The only (Mostly) compatible PS2-on-PS3 guitars are The Ant Commando's guitars. (But not for GH2)

Speaking of which I was thinking of picking up the TAC PS2-PS3 converter rather than buying a second PS3 guitar. Anyone have any reports on how well it works?

SleazyC

Struct09

Xevren said:
Yes the pack comes out tomorrow. IGN has previews of each song. Hope everyone likes there fingers getting raped because they look insane.

Heroes of Our Time
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/8580.../videos/gh3dragon_heroesofourtime_082008.html

Revolution Deathsquad
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/8580...ck/videos/gh3dragon_revdeathsquad_082008.html

Operation Ground and Pound
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/8580...ck/videos/gh3dragon_opgroundpound_082008.html

Those should keep the Score Hero guys busy for a while :p

Xevren

The pack is up if anyone cares. I think they're a lot of fun. So long as you save some star power for the solo's its not that bad really. Heroes of Our Time gets pretty crazy.

ElyrionX

Too bad, if that track pack had My Spirit Will Go On, I would have bought it in a heartbeat.

Also, it says much about Dragonforce as a band when the video preview of the track pack features three songs that all sound the same.

TuxBobble

Belgand said:
Speaking of which I was thinking of picking up the TAC PS2-PS3 converter rather than buying a second PS3 guitar. Anyone have any reports on how well it works?

Actually, I own a TAC guitar for PS3 as well as the converter. Well, roommate owns the converter but you get the point. Both work well, but the guitar is a little small for my liking. The adapter works well for GH1 at least, but it didn't work properly for GH2 (PS2) on the PS3. Believe it also worked quite well for PS3 GH3, if I recall correctly.

I'd recommend it if you don't mind the wires.

P.S. I thought I'd like Dragonforce a lot from TTFAF, but then I heard other songs and you're right, their songs do sound a little too similar for me. Still good, just not "OMG!" good...

ElyrionX

TheGreatDave said:
Seriously...all the songs in that preview are IDENTICAL.

That's the reason why most metal fans don't like the band. They're way fucking overrated by the mainstream idiots and they're a band that's creatively dead. Their music has no soul and every song is just hard and fast. Even their "ballads" are hard and fast. And they've been doing this shit for four fucking albums. I bought one album and never bought another.

They're just an average metal band that seems to get a shitload of (unwarranted, IMO) attention from people.

sneaky77

I agree, I heard TTAF on fuse (before GH3 came out) and I was like this is very cool, so I went to listen to other stuff, and it was all very similar.

Has anyone played the songs in hard difficulty? How does it compare to virtuoso pack?

GCQuinton

The farthest I've gotten in any of the songs so far is around 69% with Operation Ground and Pound. The other two I'll fail around 20% :lol

Honestly though, I went in knowing that all these songs sounded pretty much the same but I certainly didn't get the pack for that. They're challenging "levels", to me at least.

SleazyC

30xby4m.jpg

f4phantom.... done keyboard style... ie with guitar on lap and not wrapping hand around back of the neck.

DarkJC

I just got the pack, and wanted to pop in and say the songs are fucking fun to play. Also I hadn't popped in GH3 in a while and forgot how awesome the virtuoso pack was too.

EDIT:

ElyrionX said:
That's the reason why most metal fans don't like the band. They're way fucking overrated by the mainstream idiots and they're a band that's creatively dead. Their music has no soul and every song is just hard and fast. Even their "ballads" are hard and fast. And they've been doing this shit for four fucking albums. I bought one album and never bought another.

They're just an average metal band that seems to get a shitload of (unwarranted, IMO) attention from people.

Calm down dude, they're a cheesy joke band.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
I bought this. It's pretty fun. I remember hearing it was supposed to maybe have Body Breakdown when they announced it and it doesn't. But it's still pretty awesome and it's three more super-hard songs to play!

sneaky77

i prefer the virtuoso pack songs, but the charts for these ones were harder but still obtainable for me in hard i got 3 stars on sightread, yea i know i suck

Xevren

I love the pack, Operation ground and pound is probably one of my favorite songs to play in the game now. Just glad theres no TTFAF like tapping intro.

Xevren

Revolution Deathsquad's solo is pretty rough when it gets fast, and Heroes solo is pretty nuts. But if you save some star power you should be fine. Outside of the solo's its just fast alt strumming sometimes with some small HO/PO sequences. Nothing too bad. TTFAF is definitely harder then the pack in my opinion.

Time will tell I guess. I found TTFATF mostly OK past the intro, so maybe I'll be OK.

Listening to the new Metallica song and thinking of it's GH:WT implications, it sounds like it'll be pretty damn fun to play. I just hope the Death Magnetic album DLC is GH:3 AND GH:WT compatible without me having to buy it twice.

Downloaded the Dragonforce pack and quickly realized that im not very good. lol. These songs are pretty hard. I cant finish any of them on Expert. I need to practice more.

FafaFooey

I'm a medium difficulty kind of player when it comes to Guitar Hero and I was expecting the Dragonforce pack to be a somewhat identical experience to Through The Fire and Flames on medium. Unfortunately it's way easier on medium and almost plays like Sabotage by the Beastie Boys for example. I tried the songs on hard for about 30 seconds (literally) and then they're just like how they're supposed to be. Too bad I stink and can't get used to that extra button on hard.

Top Bottom