• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock Thread of Superfluous Subtitles

Dragonforce are fucking bastards. I can't cope with their solos for the most part; I just become really sloppy and just button mash. I'll see if I can bluff my way through beating them

The Dragonforce track pack is 174mb. It's sort of understandable until you see Ernten Was Wir Saen is 35mb, and it's about 8 minutes long, like all the Dragonforce ones. 35 * 3 = 105, and I'm assuming all the songs are encoded at the same kind of bitrate, so what's with the large size? I'm holding out for a GH:WT track being in there. Prove me wrong!

Really, prove me wrong, cos I'm sure this would have been figured out by now if it was true

Memles

So, what's the best fix for malfunctioning star power on a Les Paul? I picked up the standalone guitar on sale, and have been using it with the GHIII demo (Waiting for Rock Band 2 disc), and the star power thing is really, really annoying. I've read some of the fixes, tried cleaning the connector with alcohol, but just nothing seems to be working. Is it worth trying any of the other fixes, or am I just going to be randomly activating star power forever?

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Memles said:
So, what's the best fix for malfunctioning star power on a Les Paul? I picked up the standalone guitar on sale, and have been using it with the GHIII demo (Waiting for Rock Band 2 disc), and the star power thing is really, really annoying. I've read some of the fixes, tried cleaning the connector with alcohol, but just nothing seems to be working. Is it worth trying any of the other fixes, or am I just going to be randomly activating star power forever?
My starpower is terrible, it's so sensitive and when I tilt up the orange and blue buttons stop registering. :( We had such a good run together but it has finally come to an end.

sneaky77

I havent had any issues with my LP at all, but some people were able to fix theirs by hotwiring the connections so it nulls the detachable neck. You can probably find a faq on scorehero

sneaky77

MotorbreathX said:
Unfortunately it's too late for me to get the Best Buy bundle but I am so sold on this when I get to play my 360 again.

u can buy it at the store tomorrow as long as is special edition i believe

sneaky77

TheGreatDave said:
When should I be expecting a magnetic death? They said Friday but that could mean any time from now for about 24 hours, given your location.

usual xbox live update time? 2am california time?

Struct09

Such an awesome album, I love most of the songs. Metallica definitely didn't disappoint this time. I also got tickets to see them live in December :D

Can't wait to play the songs in game!

Album is on the 360 marketplace, grabbing it now. It's about 1.3GB total. No option to download the tracks individually, good going, Activision!

Johnkers

The DLC is live.

and the stream sucks for me, I'll wait for some YouTubes and watch at my own slow pace. Fuck packaged DLC though, LET ME BUY SINGLE TRACKS ACTIVISON

Gowans

Johnkers said:
The DLC is live.

and the stream sucks for me, I'll wait for some YouTubes and watch at my own slow pace. Fuck packaged DLC though, LET ME BUY SINGLE TRACKS ACTIVISON

Finishes work & runs to 360!

Johnkers

I might have to turn next weekend into a Guitar Hero 3 weekend! We've played it like... once since Rock Band has come out.

I might just go fuck it, buy this and the satch/vai/buckhead pack I've been meaning to get and go all out.

Oh btw, is all GH3 DLC going to move over to World Tour? I forget. Whether it brings drums/vocals with them or not, it'd be at least nice if they would bring the guitar charts over.

No. Only Death Magnetic. Which is a real shame.

Side note; this album is awesome to play. Did I mention it's awesome?

If you don't have the 1000 note streak achievement, Unforgiven 3 has about 980 easy to hit notes, followed by a bunch you'll need to alt strum for.

Magik

TheGreatDave said:
Album is on the 360 marketplace, grabbing it now. It's about 1.3GB total. No option to download the tracks individually, good going, Activision!

Wait what? 1.3 GBs? How many tracks are there in this album to make it 1.3 GB in size?

Hilit

Neo Member
The solo is UF III is a hell of a lot of fun to play and most of the middle portion of Judas Kiss is as good as you'll see in a GH game.

Love it.

Not seen vids anywhere yet.

Finished the album (minus the second version of Suicide and Redemption, which I'll play later). Passed them all apart from Day That Never Comes, although looking at it in practice mode I'm more optimistic about my chances of beating it second time.

It's probably the best DLC for music game ever, assuming you enjoy the style. I'm not a fan of the more Dragonforce style stuff; this is still heavy and fast without ever feeling incredibly overwhelming and too difficult. I really like it.

Gowans

I can not wait till Monday, seeing Metallica in the O2 in London with some mates.

There's a pre and post Metallica party in the o2 too gona be carnage they also have a Guitar Hero Death Magnetic competition on! :D :D :D

I just can't beat Day That Never Comes. Second time the difficult riff comes in I'm toast. The solo before it always messes me up, and then it's on to the final execution.

Xevren

I like a couple of the songs but overall I didn't think it was worth the money. Really stupid that they dont even allow you to pick single tracks.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
TheGreatDave said:
I just can't beat Day That Never Comes. Second time the difficult riff comes in I'm toast. The solo before it always messes me up, and then it's on to the final execution.

Looking at Youtube, I thought the song was really easy to pass until I realized that what I thought was the solo was just the same thing you're failing on after the solo.
EDIT: NVM, I just matched up the time codes and realized you didn't even make it to the main part of the solo. I'm stunned. I thought you said you passed Sleepwalker. That song grinds me to dust before I even get to any of the "hard" parts.

TAJ said:
Looking at Youtube, I thought the song was really easy to pass until I realized that what I thought was the solo was just the same thing you're failing on after the solo.
EDIT: NVM, I just matched up the time codes and realized you didn't even make it to the main part of the solo. I'm stunned. I thought you said you passed Sleepwalker. That song grinds me to dust before I even get to any of the "hard" parts.

I'm failing at 7:30 in this video. It's basically the end. I just can't do that kind of shit effectively, my fingers don't work like that :(

Failed 4 times now. Losing the motivation to go through again.

Sleepwalker I could pass cos the solo was going down the next. I can do that fine. It's solos that go up the neck that fuck me up.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
TheGreatDave said:
I'm failing at 7:30 in this video. It's basically the end. I just can't do that kind of shit effectively, my fingers don't work like that.
OK, that's where I thought you said you were failing before. Yeah, I'd make it through the first wall of triplets on star power and then get slaughtered by the solo.

I've got five stars on all but two songs I think (excluding DTNC, obviously) so I'll work on getting them to five before going back to it. There's quite a few GH:3 DLC tracks that I haven't beaten, maybe I'll just add this to the list...

Top Bottom