The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxjuicesxx

Member
Jan 20, 2008
12,261
1
0
Buffalo NY
LukeSmith said:
Its the best thing out there for FPS. Sadly. I'd rather be playing H2 to be honest, but there's no longer the community to support it. Garbage is strong but seriously there's so much bullshit in Halo that could be fixed so easily yet nothing is being done in good time. I've posted it a page back or so. Its so fucking random.

Add grenade direction changes from unforeseeable geometry nicks and knacks to the list of randomness.
 

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Mar 19, 2008
7,534
0
0
xxjuicesxx said:
I wanna ramp up the pistol damage a bit. But I don't want to change armor because I want the BR where it is...

Is it that difficult to ask for?

Have the option to add/subtract ammo to the clip of a gun, change damage, change splash damage, change reload time?

Its not unheard of, hell in UT99 people mod the guns to their liking for their custom games, that's pretty much what I want.
so youre asking for custom content on a console?



Not even a console, but the xbox 360.


never gonna happen.
 

xxjuicesxx

Member
Jan 20, 2008
12,261
1
0
Buffalo NY
LAUGHTREY said:
so youre asking for custom content on a console?
No I'm not

I'm asking for the tools to allow me to CHANGE weapon options. Much like you can change Player traits in custom games. Except you would be changing the WEAPONS options. Is this concept that foreign to people?
 

TDG

Banned
Feb 12, 2007
8,521
0
0
Ohio
xxjuicesxx said:
Its the best thing out there for FPS. Sadly. I'd rather be playing H2 to be honest, but there's no longer the community to support it. Garbage is strong but seriously there's so much bullshit in Halo that could be fixed so easily yet nothing is being done in good time. I've posted it a page back or so. Its so fucking random.

Add grenade direction changes from unforeseeable geometry nicks and knacks to the list of randomness.
Don't you think you're being a bit of a backseat developer here? I mean, do you honestly think that most of the stuff we all bitch about could be easily fixed, but Bungie is too busy removing the scope from the BR in Halo 4 and ignoring their community to do anything?
 

Sibylus

Banned
Dec 18, 2007
23,675
0
0
waypoint.vice.com
xxjuicesxx said:
No I'm not

I'm asking for the tools to allow me to CHANGE weapon options. Much like you can change Player traits in custom games. Except you would be changing the WEAPONS options. Is this concept that foreign to people?
You're essentially asking for Guerilla.



But you shall ne'er see it on this console.

/evil laugh
 

xxjuicesxx

Member
Jan 20, 2008
12,261
1
0
Buffalo NY
the disgruntled gamer said:
Don't you think you're being a bit of a backseat developer here? I mean, do you honestly think that most of the stuff we all bitch about could be easily fixed, but Bungie is too busy removing the scope from the BR in Halo 4 and ignoring their community to do anything?
I dunno about any of that.

I do know they are busy incorporating an almost completely aesthetic update to the playlist ranking system that is purely cosmetic to follow in CoD footsteps so they can keep their number of players online up and keep Halo 3 the #1 Live game, while sadly not being able to get a Snipers playlist up afer 10 months of the games release, when they have an employee working directly on the MM playlists...

So you tell me are they squandering their potential?


Edit: Botolf thats so sexy...I'm not even asking for THAT just allow SOME changes. They can flesh out the weapon editor in Halo 5. :D
 

GhaleonEB

Member
Jun 7, 2004
77,909
2
1,490
Oregon
xxjuicesxx said:
Its the best thing out there for FPS. Sadly. I'd rather be playing H2 to be honest, but there's no longer the community to support it. Garbage is strong but seriously there's so much bullshit in Halo that could be fixed so easily yet nothing is being done in good time. I've posted it a page back or so. Its so fucking random.

Add grenade direction changes from unforeseeable geometry nicks and knacks to the list of randomness.
Halo 3 is so much more polished and balanced than Halo 2, it's pretty silly to even make the comparison. Perfect? Nope. But your list is the definition of nitpicking. And it's more than a little presumptuous to think this stuff is "easy" to fix.
 

Sibylus

Banned
Dec 18, 2007
23,675
0
0
waypoint.vice.com
xxjuicesxx said:
Edit: Botolf thats so sexy...I'm not even asking for THAT just allow SOME changes. They can flesh out the weapon editor in Halo 5. :D
Guerrilla has been the standard program for editing tags for weapons and such in both Halo 1 and 2 (not 100% sure on 3), so you could potentially be asking Bungie to invent a new way to edit weapon attributes.

How it has been so far with Guerrilla:

1) Make a weapon tag
2) Compile/process assets (textures, models, etc)
2) Link related tags to this weapon tag (model, texture, cubemap, hud texture etc tags)
3) Modify fields in Guerrilla to change stats (clip size, magazine size, etc)
4) Compile weapon into map (With Forge involved, it might be different)
 

xxjuicesxx

Member
Jan 20, 2008
12,261
1
0
Buffalo NY
GhaleonEB said:
Halo 3 is so much more polished and balanced than Halo 2, it's pretty silly to even make the comparison. Perfect? Nope. But your list is the definition of nitpicking. And it's more than a little presumptuous to think this stuff is "easy" to fix.
Polished as in how? I remember a bunch of pages back a bunch of people were discussing polished and unpolished.

Yes H3 looks better, but to say it has less bugs might be wrong (if thats what polished means), Halo 3 has only been out for 10 months or so and its got QUITE a lot of bugs and glitches. Only time will tell.

And yes maybe "easy" to fix was wrong, but I know MM Playlist changes can be done relatively painless for them and yet they have things like Social parties getting split, negative experience boosters so forth.
 

TDG

Banned
Feb 12, 2007
8,521
0
0
Ohio
xxjuicesxx said:
I dunno about any of that.

I do know they are busy incorporating an almost completely aesthetic update to the playlist ranking system that is purely cosmetic to follow in CoD footsteps so they can keep their number of players online up and keep Halo 3 the #1 Live game, while sadly not being able to get a Snipers playlist up afer 10 months of the games release, when they have an employee working directly on the MM playlists...

So you tell me are they squandering their potential?
Well, everyone bitches and moans about the ranking system. Sadly, Bungie can't just hop into Halo 3, yank out the trueskill system, and insert whatever the forum people told them to insert. So, they insert another ranking system that will make it easier for people to get the satisfaction that the trueskill system denies them. Do you want to tell me that's squandering potential? It might not satisfy every MLG-wannabe online who can't believe he can't get to level 50, but it is going to make a lot of people enjoy the experience more. That doesn't sound like squandering potential to me.
 

GhaleonEB

Member
Jun 7, 2004
77,909
2
1,490
Oregon
xxjuicesxx said:
Polished as in how? I remember a bunch of pages back a bunch of people were discussing polished and unpolished.

Yes H3 looks better, but to say it has less bugs might be wrong (if thats what polished means), Halo 3 has only been out for 10 months or so and its got QUITE a lot of bugs and glitches.
Now that's just plain bullshit. Off the top of my head, the weapon combo glitches, getting out of maps, textures popping, and host of online issues (ghosting, hacking, etc.). Halo 3 MP is far more polished, balanced and flexible than Halo 2, and it's much more complex in every way to boot. The hyperbole here is thick.

All games have bugs. Halo 3 is no exception. But your entire assertion that Halo 3 is "garbage" or somehow more buggy than Halo 2 is wrong.
 

LukeSmith

Member
Jun 7, 2004
14,222
0
0
xxjuicesxx said:
And yes maybe "easy" to fix was wrong, but I know MM Playlist changes can be done relatively painless for them and yet they have things like Social parties getting split, negative experience boosters so forth.
The technology governs the playlist changes isn't a system that governs the networking or the lobby system or the skill matching system.

Games aren't this single system that has a series of dials that rotate from Easy to Sweet and back to Rad. Yet, here, in a single sentence, you take multiple different systems and wrap them up in a single sweeping complaint.


And :lol at you thinking Halo 3 has fewer gameplay damaging bugs than Halo 2.
Your adoration of hyperbole does not help you make your points.
 

xxjuicesxx

Member
Jan 20, 2008
12,261
1
0
Buffalo NY
GhaleonEB said:
Now that's just plain bullshit. Off the top of my head, the weapon combo glitches, getting out of maps, textures popping, and host of online issues (ghosting, hacking, etc.). Halo 3 MP is far more polished, balanced and flexible than Halo 2, and it's much more complex in every way to boot. The hyperbole here is thick.

All games have bugs. Halo 3 is no exception. But your entire assertion that Halo 3 is "garbage" or somehow more buggy than Halo 2 is wrong.
Look I can START naming bugs and glitches in H3 right now and its a newer game H2 is/was years old, I'm not going to but they are there whether you want to believe it or not. Andwith the online issues? H3 has its own set of Online issues (dbl exp boosting, language trick, host booting) don't act like H3 is this perfect game. In my opinion yes its the best out there, but there's room for improvement.
 

TDG

Banned
Feb 12, 2007
8,521
0
0
Ohio
xxjuicesxx said:
Look I can START naming bugs and glitches in H3 right now and its a newer game H2 is/was years old, I'm not going to but they are there whether you want to believe it or not. Andwith the online issues? H3 has its own set of Online issues (dbl exp boosting, language trick, host booting) don't act like H3 is this perfect game. In my opinion yes its the best out there, but there's room for improvement.
Unlike you, I think Ghaleon and I have avoided clouding our posts with hyperbole. I don't think either of us denies that Halo 3 is not perfect, or that there's room for improvement.
 

Shishka

Works for Bungie
Aug 30, 2007
417
0
0
Washington State
xxjuicesxx said:
Look I can START naming bugs and glitches in H3 right now and its a newer game H2 is/was years old, I'm not going to but they are there whether you want to believe it or not. Andwith the online issues? H3 has its own set of Online issues (dbl exp boosting, language trick, host booting) don't act like H3 is this perfect game. In my opinion yes its the best out there, but there's room for improvement.
...

GhaleonEB said:
All games have bugs. Halo 3 is no exception. But your entire assertion that Halo 3 is "garbage" or somehow more buggy than Halo 2 is wrong.
Are you guys even having the same conversation? Are you, like, talking to some other Ghaleon that I just can't see?

...Also, are you seriously saying double EXP boosting compares with, say, someone forcing host to themselves via clever use of a router and then forcing people to play a modified version of Terminal where everyone but the host spawns in midair while the host can fire head-seeking sniper rounds?
 

xxjuicesxx

Member
Jan 20, 2008
12,261
1
0
Buffalo NY
Kuroyume said:
I think what juice is trying to say is that he wants Waterworks.

I seem to remember enjoying the assault, ctf, sniper, and flag war games on waterworks...

I wouldn't mind a return. :D

In fact the only map in H2 I didn't like was Gemini...no idea why. Wasn't a huge fan of Ivory Tower because it had so many weapons, but in SWAT and Sniper games I didn't mind it at all.

I miss H2.
 

LukeSmith

Member
Jun 7, 2004
14,222
0
0
Shishka said:
...Also, are you seriously saying double EXP boosting compares with, say, someone forcing host to themselves via clever use of a router and then forcing people to play a modified version of Terminal where everyone but the host spawns in midair while the host can fire head-seeking sniper rounds?
Yes, actually that's seriously what he's saying.

NO HIRE
 

GhaleonEB

Member
Jun 7, 2004
77,909
2
1,490
Oregon
xxjuicesxx said:
don't act like H3 is this perfect game
GhaleonEB said:
All games have bugs. Halo 3 is no exception.
GhaleonEB said:
Halo 3 is so much more polished and balanced than Halo 2, it's pretty silly to even make the comparison. Perfect? Nope.
Who are you talking to? Did you quote the right person?

Edit: Wow. Beaten by Shishka, big time. :lol
 

mood

Member
Sep 3, 2006
1,276
0
0
In your bellybutton.
Halo 3 is better than Halo 2, but completely breaking Lockout has been the biggest disappointment so far. It's probably for the best to stay away from remakes from now on.
 

xxjuicesxx

Member
Jan 20, 2008
12,261
1
0
Buffalo NY
No you said in relationship to H2 H3 is more polished and I begged to differ. Because for one we don't know yet H3 is much newer than H2.

But yes we both agree no games perfect...

Anyways Shiska I meant to write Neg exp boosting not dbl exp boosting. But yea H2 had a lot worse cheating. Also reply to the PM I sent weeks ago, or at least confirm you deleted it?

and Lukems I know the Playlist changes don't govern how the networking works, but if you say give a max party of 4 in Grifball you can stop dbl exp boosting, and stop parties splitting. Besides what kinda masochistic friends play against each other for exp? Just boot a custom if you wanna play with a full party's worth of teams.
 

TDG

Banned
Feb 12, 2007
8,521
0
0
Ohio
mood said:
Halo 3 is better than Halo 2, but completely breaking Lockout has been the biggest disappointment so far. It's probably for the best to stay away from remakes from now on.
I'd rather Bungie stick to making brand-new maps, but I think if Bungie did a map that was inspired by, or a remake of Ivory Tower, I would cry.

...with joy
 

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Mar 15, 2007
13,110
154
1,235
Shishka said:
...Also, are you seriously saying double EXP boosting compares with, say, someone forcing host to themselves via clever use of a router and then forcing people to play a modified version of Terminal where everyone but the host spawns in midair while the host can fire head-seeking sniper rounds?
I called that game mode "The Real Juggernaut" and we all were the bitches.... :(
 

MIMIC

Why won't homeless people take my emails????????
Jun 11, 2004
50,047
0
0
33
I'm just glad Bungie fixed (for the most part) the FFA bug where you begin the match RIGHT IN FRONT of an opponent; 2 seconds into the game and I've already been assassinated. When I played on my roommate's account, it happened approximately once every 5 games. It happened a lot on Isolation but it was pretty much GUARANTEED to happen on Epitaph and Construct :lol. I don't ever remembering it happening on Guardian though.

It's happened to me maybe twice on my account, but I haven't encountered anything like that for a long time.
 

Shake Appeal

Member
Oct 26, 2006
17,542
0
0
mood said:
Halo 3 is better than Halo 2, but completely breaking Lockout has been the biggest disappointment so far. It's probably for the best to stay away from remakes from now on.
The other day I jumped down from top lift to throw a grenade at someone under glass, and instead of skipping gracefully into their face my grenade just sat there on a set of stairs like some awful turd. And I died. And I sighed. And when I respawned, I jumped off the map.
 

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Jun 16, 2008
26,370
0
0
WA
www.HaloWaypoint.com
I kind of like Blackout. The spawns are just as messed up as I remember :lol Oh and whats with the spawn system changing on Narrows. I'm guessing they changed because of the spawn killing that can happen. I think they should have just put more weight on mid-map spawns instead of the opposite base.
 

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Jun 16, 2008
26,370
0
0
WA
www.HaloWaypoint.com
I was there throughout Halo 2's online life cycle. Halo 3 has definitely been a much better experience. I remember when I used to listen to my hard drive in my Xbox to make sure I wasn't getting matched on a new map so that I couldn't be modded against. I remember when I used to try to unplug my mic before a match to see if I could pull host. I remember when the ranks were reset...twice. I remember not being able to play serious games of Big Team because of the horrific lag. I remember when the BXR was discovered as well as the double shot, grenade reload and much more. Ohhh man, I remember the rocket sword lunge(YRR) that was taken out with the first patch. The glitch that could only be done on Zanzibar in matchmaking. I remember when teams would get a lead, have 1 guy super bounce out of a map and have the rest of his team quit. I played through the worst of times of Halo 2 online and I haven't even mentioned standbying or bridging people out of matches. My Halo 3 experience has been a whole lot smoother and more enjoyable. The only I wish I could change sometimes is the community but theres nothing I can do about that besides mute. I was in Legendary Brawl (only a level 3 at the time) and I didn't really get matched with other Generals. People talk sooo much shit just because I'm a General.

Hey, I need more Gaf members on my friends list to play customs with and ish. If you feel like it, send me one at NYSTOFMIND23.
 

Walshicus

Member
Aug 10, 2007
16,895
1
0
34
Eng, EU
I really need to get some more Halo 3 time; though it's hard to get enough friends together to make that work and timezones stop me from worming into Gaf sessions.

Tonight! Tonight I shall play... unless the pub beacon is lit.
 

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
May 16, 2005
11,995
0
1,250
East of Sea-Town
www.bungie.net
Shake Appeal said:
The other day I jumped down from top lift to throw a grenade at someone under glass, and instead of skipping gracefully into their face my grenade just sat there on a set of stairs like some awful turd. And I died. And I sighed. And when I respawned, I jumped off the map.
Do better.
 

Sean

Banned
Jun 14, 2004
14,671
0
0
AllGamer said:
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9297/haloig3.jpg

How can i get this?
I think it's from knocking someone off a cliff (shooting someone and having them walk backwards or jump off or something)... Avalanche would probably be the easiest map (the two man cannons in the center of the map or the cliffsides).
 

backflip10019

Member
Feb 19, 2007
20,043
0
0
NYC
Sean said:
I think it's from knocking someone off a cliff (shooting someone and having them walk backwards or jump off or something)... Avalanche would probably be the easiest map (the two man cannons in the center of the map or the cliffsides).
What if it was a new weapon? Says classified for a reason, no?

(I'm hoping for a gravity inverter.)
 

Chinner

Banned
Mar 14, 2007
27,892
0
0
backflip10019 said:
What if it was a new weapon? Says classified for a reason, no?

(I'm hoping for a gravity inverter.)
Don't get your hopes up. At all. There are lots of 'classified' kills bungie.net that are just unsual ways to die in H3.
 

Daigoro

Member
Nov 7, 2004
11,330
0
0
Shake Appeal said:
The other day I jumped down from top lift to throw a grenade at someone under glass, and instead of skipping gracefully into their face my grenade just sat there on a set of stairs like some awful turd. And I died. And I sighed. And when I respawned, I jumped off the map.
i love that story.
 

Sean

Banned
Jun 14, 2004
14,671
0
0
backflip10019 said:
What if it was a new weapon? Says classified for a reason, no?

(I'm hoping for a gravity inverter.)
Kills by traffic cone is listed as classified too (among others). Plus I've got this one and I sure didn't use any new weapons (I wish, though!)...
 

kylej

Banned
Mar 2, 2006
12,362
0
0
Boston
the disgruntled gamer said:
Don't you think you're being a bit of a backseat developer here? I mean, do you honestly think that most of the stuff we all bitch about could be easily fixed, but Bungie is too busy removing the scope from the BR in Halo 4 and ignoring their community to do anything?
Bungie seems to have no problem adding or removing playlists and gametypes yet I'm still playing Land Grab and 1-sided VIP and VIP.
 

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
May 16, 2005
11,995
0
1,250
East of Sea-Town
www.bungie.net
You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension. A dimension of sound. A dimension of sight. A dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas, you've just crossed over into...

The Brutezone.
 

kylej

Banned
Mar 2, 2006
12,362
0
0
Boston
MIMIC said:
I'm just glad Bungie fixed (for the most part) the FFA bug where you begin the match RIGHT IN FRONT of an opponent; 2 seconds into the game and I've already been assassinated.
Not FFA but still pretty good. From a VIP game 2 days ago. Start of the game:




Yep.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.