• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

striKeVillain! said:
That case comes in the Legendary package. Surprise Surprise!
o_O

9e69aedc16c2c47013761ceth9.jpg

386c317896658d314b103e2dk4.jpg

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Hey Luke, your comment about the week to come has landed you in a news story that's pending approval on N4G.com. :lol

Should I approve the story making it one step closer to being on the front page or report it ?

And let's not forget:

Halo 3 Spoilers

"What if we don't make it?"

"We'll make it"

*huge explosion begins swallowing their ship*

"It's been nice serving with you John"

ILL2

Banned
FunkyMunkey said:
And let's not forget:

Halo 3 Spoilers

"What if we don't make it?"

"We'll make it"

*huge explosion begins swallowing their ship*

"It's been nice serving with you John"

yeah, even though halo's single player is usually a disappointment to me, I felt pitty towards the two. I somewhat cared for them

Darkpen

Banned
Mr Vociferous said:
I think he's referring to Blomkamp's "Combat Part 2" (the third short)...from what we've heard about it so far, my guess is that its going to have some Chief action in it - or at least an appearance.

Never-the-less, I remain stoked for all of this pre-launch content. Very awesome stuff. Can't wait to see the new B.net in action.
wait, when was combat part 2 info leaked or released? D:

See

cartoon_soldier said:
"Cortana: This thing [a Banshee] is falling apart!
Master Chief: It'll hold.
Cortana: We're not going to make it!
Master Chief: We'll make it.
Cortana: Pull up! Pull up!
[Banshee crashes into the wreck of Pillar of Autumn and The Master Chief comes out intact]
Cortana: You did that on purpose, didn't you? "

IMO, the funniest lines in Halo.

thatbox

Banned
"Cortana: This thing [a Banshee] is falling apart!
Master Chief: It'll hold.
Cortana: We're not going to make it!
Master Chief: We'll make it.

I played through The Maw again today for like the hundredth time, and these lines right here are just delivered so perfectly.

Halo 3 Spoilers:

ILL2 said:
yeah, even though halo's single player is usually a disappointment to me, I felt pitty towards the two. I somewhat cared for them

As did I. I hear they both live though but I'm searching for the video :-/.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
traveler said:
There's absolutely nothing you can gather from that post.

Edit: What the hell, Shuri? Are you saying we don't have the right to care about the things we care about?

Well, if you think a bit more deeply you can gather quite a bit.

First of all, the character-limit for an Xbox Live account screen-name is probably around 20 characters, spaces included.

What could one possibly convey with twenty characters about the ending of Halo 3? Think about it. Now, I have not played the game or seen the leaked ending video on youTube, but just ponder that for a moment.

Here is an example of what one could write within the 20-character limit (what is written below may be a spoiler; I don't know, I'm just giving an example. It may or may not be true, but here's an example of something impactful that one could write):

masterChiefDiesOMG23

See what I mean? I can only imagine what the said individual could have written, alotted his 20-characters...

Lebron

I've had to dodge spoilers like the plague. Few card friends of mine are the type that would spoil it for me. Thus why I've already blocked them on Aim. I don't log on to XBL that much, so I don't have to worry about being spoiled there.

dirtmonkey37 said:
Well, if you think a bit more deeply you can gather quite a bit.

First of all, the character-limit for an Xbox Live account screen-name is probably around 20 characters, spaces included.

What could one possibly convey with twenty characters about the ending of Halo 3? Think about it. Now, I have not played the game or seen the leaked ending video on youTube, but just ponder that for a moment.

Here is an example of what one could write within the 20-character limit (what is written below may be a spoiler; I don't know, I'm just giving an example. It may or may not be true, but here's an example of something impactful that one could write):

masterChiefDiesOMG23

See what I mean? I can only imagine what the said individual could have written, alotted his 20-characters...

The money shot! Accually the person who made the 'funny' also used the motto to spoil even more : /

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
ILL2 said:
I'm playing by the rules:
You don't get it, do you?

Playing by the rules but still being as annoying as hell doesn't buy you any friends on this forum.

Somehow I don't think you either care or understood what I just said though.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Captain Jebus said:
The money shot! Accually the person who made the 'funny' also used the motto to spoil even more : /

What do you mean by money shot?

Wait, let me not get ahead of myself here. If you're going to reply (in spoiler text) in response to the validity of what I wrote in spoiler text, please do not. I don't want to know if what I wrote is true or not.

dirtmonkey37 said:
What do you mean by money shot?

Wait, let me not get ahead of myself here. If you're going to reply (in spoiler text) in response to the validity of what I wrote in spoiler text, please do not. I don't want to know if what I wrote is true or not.
I was just validating thats how said asshole on XBL set up the spoiler basically. AND not what was said!

i hate the fact that they're stacking the discs on top of each other in the limited edition AGAIN.

what is up with that shit? with my blue dragon case it's the same way. you stack the 3 discs on top of each other. so lame.

Eric WK

WickedLaharl said:
i hate the fact that they're stacking the discs on top of each other in the limited edition AGAIN.

what is up with that shit? with my blue dragon case it's the same way. you stack the 3 discs on top of each other. so lame.

Yeah. Not a particularly smart move. I know at least a few people here had scratch Blue Dragon discs.

Good, Bad, Great, FAaaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic

It's fantastic. I'm liking it a lot better than 1 and 2 (combined). The environments are varied. The fights are epic. There are so many items and weapons that you can tackle the same scenarios a billion different ways. Also, I said it before, but I'll say it again. This game is made for 4-player coop. The set pieces are fantastic, and I can totally see how crazy it'll get with four people running around.

NON-story spoiler. It's about a specific weapon.
The incinderary grenades are awesome. The flame effect looks impressive and watching the enemies run around on fire is priceless.

Also, someone asked me earlier if the GRUNTs do anything cool. I now have the answer.
Sometimes when they get desperate, they arm two plasma grenades, then run right at you with both of them lite in their hands. Kamikaze grunts!

FightyF

Banned
Vyse The Legend said:
Up to level 7. Any questions?

Actually, I have some questions that shouldn't spoil anything at all...

-how is the image quality? You can get technical if you like, but overall, how is the IQ?

-does the story so far, depict the same sort of depth hinted by the ilovebees campaign, or is it more like Halo 2 where it was pretty much straightforward and used as a tool to progress the action? Of course, do not list anything specific, just reply with "Shallow", "Average", "Deep", and "ilovebees deep".

-How does the framerate hold up in split screen Co-Op?

Toothpick

That grunt thing is so awesome, I can't wait to see that!:lol

Are your thoughts about the game length changing? Are you taking your sweet time, or just trying to get through it? I'm a big fan of vehicles. Are there plenty of vehicle scenarios in the levels you've played?

CougRon

Anyone want to speculate on how well H3 will do sales wise?

My guess is that day-of sales are going to be at least 2.3 million copies. The number of Legendary editions is capped somewhere under 1/2 a million and is pretty much guaranteed to be sold out day 1--that's about $65 million right there but lets fudge it down a little to be safe and say $62 million. that leaves 1.8M copies for the collectors and standard editions. At a wild guess, lets say that splits out to 1.2M for standard and 0.6M for collectors. That's about $72M and $42M. All together that adds up to around $176M , give or take a $1M here or there. Not a bad chunk of change.

Eric WK

CougRon said:
Anyone want to speculate on how well H3 will do sales wise?

My guess is that day-of sales are going to be at least 2.3 million copies. The number of Legendary editions is capped somewhere under 1/2 a million and is pretty much guaranteed to be sold out day 1--that's about $65 million right there but lets fudge it down a little to be safe and say $62 million. that leaves 1.8M copies for the collectors and standard editions. At a wild guess, lets say that splits out to 1.2M for standard and 0.6M for collectors. That's about $72M and $42M. All together that adds up to around $176M , give or take a $1M here or there. Not a bad chunk of change.

Pretty fair estimates there, I'd say. That would shatter the day one entertainment record, which we know is going to happen anyhow.

LukeSmith

Vyse The Legend said:
Yes. Playing on Heroic. Outside of one very frustrating part. I haven't gotten stuck.

If I had to guess 4-5hrs, so far.

If you PM me your gamertag I'll look up your stats tomorrow at work!
No, this isn't a Ninja thing, either.

Toothpick

The game is making so much money..

The people that are not fully convinced to buy it will buy later when they see everyone on their friends list playing it. Its the must have 360 game of the year.

LukeSmith said:
If you PM me your gamertag I'll look up your stats tomorrow at work!
No, this isn't a Ninja thing, either.
ITS A TRAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom