• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtbag

numbers said:
Pics or it didn't happen

sevengp.gif

the disgruntled gamer said:
Man, I haven't played that level in a long time... good level, too.
It would be significantly better if it didn't have the lock-on rockets. So many vehicle situations wasted. I mostly find myself rushing through because I don't get killed by a rocket.

Brainboy said:
Mine is on its way back apparently (just under a week from it breaking in the first place!), but alas I will miss the theme and gamerpics. :(

One option would be just to put your hard drive into a friend's Xbox and download them.

snack said:
That sucks. How am I supposed to learn their techniques?

Watch it from 3rd person, theres not really any technique besides solid aiming (no button glitches in h3)

I just played amplified, holy shit the spawns in that are TERRIBLE. worst I've ever seen.

Cuckooo

xxjuicesxx said:
Watch it from 3rd person, theres not really any technique besides solid aiming (no button glitches in h3)

im pretty sure that one shot flag beat down combined with gun shot is still in as it just happened to me in mlg, i was full health and died instantly. what a sad day to be me.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Cuckooo said:
im pretty sure that one shot flag beat down combined with gun shot is still in as it just happened to me in mlg, i was full health and died instantly. what a sad day to be me.

There are a few bugs with the ball and maybe flag that results in a one hit melee kill when it's not.

I'm sure it will be fixed.

Also; If I downloaded the Bungie Day 07 icons, shouldn't I be able to re-download them on my other xbox? As long as they're in my download history, I can get to them, no?

Nutter

LAUGHTREY said:
There are a few bugs with the ball and maybe flag that results in a one hit melee kill when it's not.

I'm sure it will be fixed.

Also; If I downloaded the Bungie Day 07 icons, shouldn't I be able to re-download them on my other xbox? As long as they're in my download history, I can get to them, no?
Look at what happened to Eazy, he cannot find the bungie day 07 stuff anywhere, so the answer is probably no. As they will take it down after bungie day.

Zeouterlimits said:
Dax if I remember correctly the object in Halo 2 that you're refering to is a forerunner factory.
It makes the sentinels. The flood/Covenant {flood I think} blow it up for obvious reasons.

Let me do a little research, but I'm almost sure.

Edit: Mua ha ha, Halo 2 keeps no secrets from me {except for Forunner Tank :( }
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Sentinel_Production_Facility
I want to drive a Forerunner tank:(

Edit: I've been meaning to ask, what was Jason Jone's role in Halo 3 (if he even had one)? I didn't seem him listed as Project Lead Designer.

LukeSmith

Dax01 said:
I want to drive a Forerunner tank:(

Edit: I've been meaning to ask, what was Jason Jone's role in Halo 3 (if he even had one)? I didn't seem him listed as Project Lead Designer.

Jones is credited in the Special Thanks for Halo 3. He was not involved at the day-to-day project level.

Sai-kun

Banned
LukeSmith said:
Jones is credited in the Special Thanks for Halo 3. He was not involved at the day-to-day project level.

Does your avatar hold any sort of significance other than being your avatar? :O

kylej

Banned
Dax01 said:
Why not? He still works at Bungie, right? If so, is he involved with another project?

Probably because he's out traveling Europe and enjoying his money while his nerd slaves toil away on Halo.

LukeSmith said:
Wow, Dax read my mind, I've been wanting to ask that question for quite some time.
But I guessed at the answer, seems I was unfortunately right.

34o20bm.jpg

I can dream...

LukeSmith

Zeouterlimits said:
Wow, Dax read my mind, I've been wanting to ask that question for quite some time.
But I guessed at the answer, seems I was unfortunately right.

I can dream...

He played through the game near H3 Content Complete with each mission's designer and provided some feedback to them and at the overall project level.

Blueblur1

LukeSmith said:
He played through the game near H3 Content Complete with each mission's designer and provided some feedback to them and at the overall project level.
What was Jason so busy with that he barely worked on Bungie's biggest game yet?? Hmmm...

Blueblur1 said:
What was Jason so busy with that he barely worked on Bungie's biggest game yet?? Hmmm...
Well I don't 'know anything' and don't want to seem like I'm talking out of turn,
but from the Legendary DVD where he, Joseph Staten and Marty O Donnell talk about Halo 2, one can see that with all the work that went, the ridiculous crunch hours, and the forced cutting of a sizeable chunk of content that hearts were kind of broken.
I'm not sure he wanted to work on Halo anymore, and I don't really blame him, if that even is the case.

I'm just interpreting this from what little there is to go on, so I don't think anyone should pay heed to my unfair ramblings.

Blueblur1

Zeouterlimits said:
Well I don't 'know anything' and don't want to seem like I'm talking out of turn,
but from the Legendary DVD where he, Joseph Staten and Marty O Donnell talk about Halo 2, one can see that with all the work that went, the ridiculous crunch hours, and the forced cutting of a sizeable chunk of content that hearts were kind of broken.
I'm not sure he wanted to work on Halo anymore, and I don't really blame him, if that even is the case.

I'm just interpreting this from what little there is to go on, so I don't think anyone should pay heed to my unfair ramblings.
I was goofing around obviously. I'm pretty sure Jason was busy liberating Bungie from Microsoft. Its certainly plausible.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
So any word yet on when the maps will be available for download? It's probably 2 a.m., PST, right?

Cocopjojo said:
So any word yet on when the maps will be available for download? It's probably 2 a.m., PST, right?

That's a safe assumption, unless they decide to be silly and do 7:07am PST or something.

PS: to the Bungie crew, this year's Bungie Day theme is glorious, and it's exactly what I want in a dashboard theme - simple, elegant, and awesome. Kudos to your art staff for putting it together!

GhaleonEB

Louis Wu said:
Holy crap. That kid put a LOT of effort into those weapons - but the scarier part was how he has every single reload animation down. (He even keeps the hand shape for the non-sword-holding hand...)

Thanks for finding that, juices!
And not just the reloading movements. My kid saw the start of it, asked to watch. It's a kid and his cardboard creations (seriously impressive stuff), what's the harm? Then he starts corpse humping. :lol

Deepblue

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
And not just the reloading movements. My kid saw the start of it, asked to watch. It's a kid and his cardboard creations (seriously impressive stuff), what's the harm? Then he starts corpse humping. :lol
I was smiling - then I frowned. Our society is doomed.

Sean

Banned
Zeouterlimits said:
Well I don't 'know anything' and don't want to seem like I'm talking out of turn, but from the Legendary DVD where he, Joseph Staten and Marty O Donnell talk about Halo 2, one can see that with all the work that went, the ridiculous crunch hours, and the forced cutting of a sizeable chunk of content that hearts were kind of broken.

He said something more specific in the Halo 1 commentary. It's been several months since I listened to it (so I could be way off here), but I'm pretty sure Jones praised the simple mechanics of H1 and also the sense of discovery or something like that. And he said he'd be trying to recreate that again in the future.

Was playing some Legendary Co-Op tonight and had a lot of great moments including a Wraith accidently shooting the Phantom's main gun off for us when it passed overhead:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom