• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HugBasket

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
y. But more importantly, GOOD GOD, MAN! What's the story behind this? I mustn't be the only HaloGaffer who yearns to know the full tale.

I lost a bet.

Man, I'm having some good games right now.
are we not allowed to set up games in this thread now?

Blueblur1

This was posted at the AJ forums by Major Williams. Good guy. Can't wait to see him posting here on GAF.

Maj Williams said:
A picture by picture analysis of the first RECON challenge between Walshy + Random vs Luke + Shiska on the map Assembly on Friday the 29th at the Bungie booth, PAX '08.

1-4535-89980-l-q2zbR4OJd1mRaLYNczQ.jpg

Hi. I'm Walshy. And I have to wait in line like everyone else. *Notice the man with tiny denim jacket*

1-4535-89981-l-x9Q3ydj7tbcWgIus1mMILQ.jpg

Waiting for the match to begin. Anyone know who his partner was?

1-4535-89979-l-tcCZHJoNaPqL4mIoEm4trQ.jpg

Luke playing in a different RECON match, but his focus and sweat was 10x more intense vs Walshy.

1-4535-89982-l-F23KJAMWCeFXPy2ieNPORg.jpg

Shiska's screen vs Walshy.

1-4535-89983-l-RdHHcmD9cpbi5o2gDzle5g.jpg

Dunno what Luke was shooting at.

1-4535-89970-l-2xcNskYlOe9rg2ONE34Ig.jpg

Luke sees Walshy! OMG Pink mist him!

1-4535-89984-l-5LY3pKz09dxLDCNIbRKVsw.jpg

/fail

1-4535-89985-l-eiuEpIgDWDAR6mxgzDlkg.jpg

End game.

1-4535-89971-l-hMi0WueCSBppEfWe1OIZQ.jpg

"Teehee I beat lukems."

I posted this here because it was on Assembly. If it should go somewhere else, mods, please put it elsewhere. I thought it would be fun to put in here though because it IS on a Mythic map.

And if someone could post this on GAF (if its allowed), go ahead because I can't post there yet and I'm sure they would love to see it, just give me credit!

Cap7ain Blood said:
Anyone else think it is lame to ask someone in another forum to post it on gaf and ask to be given credit LOL maybe it is just me.

I was just gunna Bold that sentence and tell Blueblur he shoulda "borrowed" the credit.

Azar

So, last night I decided to play a little Team SWAT all by my lonesome, and didn't have a very good run of it. Unless they're fake gamertags, which seems unlikely given their level of skill and medals, I also got my ass whooped by two members of Final Boss. When the game was over they sat in the lobby chanting something like "Bad kid bad kid what you gonna do" :lol

kylej

Banned
Azar said:
So, last night I decided to play a little Team SWAT all by my lonesome, and didn't have a very good run of it. Unless they're fake gamertags, which seems unlikely given their level of skill and medals, I also got my ass whooped by two members of Final Boss. When the game was over they sat in the lobby chanting something like "Bad kid bad kid what you gonna do" :lol

Those aren't even good pro fake gamertags. I can't believe they had the audacity to talk about "BKs" after the game. What a bunch of fruits.

Azar

I figured those guys go through gamertags regularly just to play lower-ranked people. Regardless, they were way better than me.

fernoca

This is little off-topic, but I'm not going to make a new thread just to ask..

What's the name of the Halo 3/Master Chief -like Lego figures, that some stores have?
I remember them being in a box containing like 4-5 Mini Chief, of different colors..anyone knows?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Azar said:

Your first clue to tell you that they weren't real is that you're playing in Swat.

No one goes through Tags anymore either.

Chinner

Banned
Cuckooo said:
man i would have gone nuts at that scrub on your team and left him bad feedback look at his 0 kills, it's people like that who ruin my online gaming experience

how does it feel
to be on your own
With no direction home
like a complete unknown
like a rolling stone.

i was going to call you a nerd, NERD.

kylej

Banned
Dirtbag 504 said:
you.
playing head to head.
expecting something better.

wow.

Hey its got a population of 200 right now. That's pretty good. I'm glad the "extremely limited" resources went towards a Head to Head playlist rather than Team Snipers.

edit. Is Bnet slow for anyone else right now? My profile doesn't have any of the games I played tonight.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
kylej said:
edit. Is Bnet slow for anyone else right now? My profile doesn't have any of the games I played tonight.
Yeah, I took some screenshots about six hours ago and they still haven't appeared yet.

Louis Wu

Cuckooo said:
man i would have gone nuts at that scrub on your team and left him bad feedback look at his 0 kills, it's people like that who ruin my online gaming experience

Really? That sort of makes you a dick.

The guy's an 11 in SWAT, and a 34 overall, with 600 games under his belt. He's playing with a bunch of people who are WAY higher-ranked than he is (except for the one guy on the other team who's clearly playing on a secondary account) - he didn't CHOOSE to have things set up that way, matchmaking did. But you'd blame him?

Bah. I thought GAFers were better than that.

(Actually, that's not fair. The ones I've played with ARE better than that.)

Me, I'd blame the guy on the secondary account; if he hadn't been in the party, that guy would never have been pulled in. Azar would have gotten another 20+ guy, who would have done a little better.

HugBasket

Banned
I was thinking about it today and I miss the really old Halo 2 rank system. Remember when being level 16 was pretty good? Finding good competition seemed to be a little bit more consistent than it is now.

Azar

Prvt.Pegleg said:
I was thinking about it today and I miss the really old Halo 2 rank system. Remember when being level 16 was pretty good? Finding good competition seemed to be a little bit more consistent than it is now.
Before the rank reset, or after? I don't think I ever made it past level 15 before they reset the system and made it easier to level up. I think Halo 2 had a more even distribution of skill level across the userbase, though, for sure.

HugBasket

Banned
Azar said:
Before the rank reset, or after? I don't think I ever made it past level 15 before they reset the system and made it easier to level up. I think Halo 2 had a more even distribution of skill level across the userbase, though, for sure.
before the rank reset.

i can remember getting to 20 or something and just feeling like the shit.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Cuckooo said:

If you're not completely 100% kidding, fuck off.

Seriously, what kind of shit thinking is that?

The kid was like an 11 in swat and a major, compared to secondaries who were probably brigs as well as other brigs. He wouldn't have even been matched with Azar's team if not for that one secondary.

edit: beaten by Wu on a new page.

Metroidvania said:
If you're not completely 100% kidding, fuck off.

Seriously, what kind of shit thinking is that?

The kid was like an 11 in MLG and a major, compared to secondaries who were probably brigs as well as other brigs. He wouldn't have even been matched with Azar's team if not for that one secondary.

Hence why secondary accounts are bullshit.

Azar

Yeah, it's a real shame people get their jollies by beating people who are worse than them and then berating them about it.

When I played Halo 2 I'd frequently play alone or actually attempt to talk to the people in the games I was in, but these days I just don't have the energy for the bullshit. Which is lame, because it can be fun to meet the few decent people who play on Live.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

EazyB

Banned
Metroidvania said:
I'm not surprised this showed up. And you know what, I don't give a shit.

I was having a terrible game of Halo, I freely admit it. I'm not consistently + 6 or more like some of you guys, and I don't care. I play to have fun.

Making fun of/leaving bad feedback on some random kid because he had a bad game is just stupid, not to mention petty.
I left you bad feedback after I heard of what had went down in the match.

I've been craving an FPS lately so I rented Halo 3. I've never been a fan of Halo. I only played up to the library in the original. And never bothered with the sequel. However I've been enjoying 3. 3 is much better paced than 1 was. And the set pieces are much more epic. I'm up to the point where the flood's ship crashes. I'm not very excited to see the flood back, because I hated them in the first game.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
I've been craving an FPS lately so I rented Halo 3. I've never been a fan of Halo. I only played up to the library in the original. And never bothered with the sequel. However I've been enjoying 3. 3 is much better paced than 1 was. And the set pieces are much more epic. I'm up to the point where the flood's ship crashes. I'm not very excited to see the flood back, because I hated them in the first game.
Don't worry, you're getting to the good part. The Flood level that you're about to play is the shortest level in the game. And the level after that is... well, you'll see. Be sure to come back in here and let us know what you thought of it.

Rogosh

So I decided that i'd work on getting that last few achievements i need to get 1000/1000 before the next update hits... and i now remember why i only play team games in halo. Going in specifically going for 2 achievements you need with specific weapons certainly makes it not fun. I'll have to work on that so my blood pressure doesn't skyrocket :p. It really makes me appreciate how the new achievements that are coming up seem to let you get them in a more natural manor that the current ones.

Striker

Metroidvania said:
There were other issues as well, such as massive host-booting, laggers, and admittedly, too much lag to deal with in most games until 3 or 4 people quit/ lagged out.

Plus, they had a replacement in mind for RTB, Squad battle, which will actually allow _more_ maps to be in circulation, rather than just Valhalla, Sand Trap, Rat's Nest, and occasionally Standoff.
Ranked games only suffered through a series of lag when they reset the host's history. Ranked BTB was not always lagging when the connections were not reset. Maybe for you -- depends who carried host, but it wasn't the case for me.

Squad Battle has three primary maps that I know will be excellent:

- Last Resort (1 CTF would work best, but go figure, that showed up how many times in RBTB?)
- Valhalla
- Standoff

Avalanche and Sandtrap are basically dead. Those maps would become empty battles for 6v6.

Rat's Nest, High Ground, Ghost Town, Boundless, The Pit -- perhaps. But they're not the scale of the primary three. Halo 2's abundance of great 6v6 style maps were wonderful. Halo 3 lacks those right now (aside from three, of course).

kylej said:
Ball. Blackout. 1v1.

Wow.
Head to Head served no deserved purpose anyway. Let's leave Team Snipers to Double EXP weekends and put Head to Head, which nobody wanted, in ranked.

JdFoX187

Banned
Seems stupid to call a guy "petty" because he's upset some random guy on his team cost him the match. A lot of people in here complain about randoms losing games for them. Leaving feedback would seem like the only solution. You leave feedback on someone, you don't play with them again, you don't lose a match because of him. Seems simple enough. It's not like bad feedback will do anything to his account other than drop his rating, which no one gives a shit about anyway.

striker said:
Head to Head served no deserved purpose anyway. Let's leave Team Snipers to Double EXP weekends and put Head to Head, which nobody wanted, in ranked.
:lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
kylej said:
They do play under alts everyone once in a while.

If you played against a legit pro under an alt you would probably be able to tell.

http://www.gamevee.com/viewVideo/Halo_3/GeeVee/Ogre_2__Contruct_TS/397756

He wasn't even playing his hardest. That match he didn't even show all that much skill. He's plays very solid in this game. Good rocket shots, body shot snipes with BR finishes. I don't think he had to out BR someone once in that whole game. You don't need great skill with a BR or any gun for that matter to be good at Halo, if you know the maps and are able to outwit your opponent than you'll do great every time. It doesn't hurt to have the skill that Ogre 2 does either though. :D

God.

16 kills, 14 weapon kills means 14 headshots with 10 assists +8 K/d and the scrub on the bottom goes -10. Will anybody here around level 45 who goes positive please play with me?

XBL: MetallicLlama

Dirtbag

Red beans N rice ----- CHECK
Copious amounts of liquor ------ CHECK
Chips and Salsa ------ CHECK
Directv / Sunday Ticket ------ CHECK

N
F
L

EDIT: Posted in the wrong thread ------ CHECK

kylej

Banned
Striker said:

Don't be so negative. I'm sure we'll get another Infection or maybe a Grifball weekend next week. That'll make up for the awful regular playlists.

GhaleonEB

Dirtbag 504 said:
Owned by tab browsing.

Firefox! You have failed me!!
Should have swapped in 'hi'. It worked for me, and got people paranoid about conspiracy theories to boot!

That's a win-win right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom