• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
KevinRo said:
what. each clip should be no longer than 5 seconds.

I don't we should determine how long the clips are. If you got some awesome Killtacular that's 15 seconds long, send it away and let the editor cut it up and make it look cool.

Tashi0106 said:
I don't we should determine how long the clips are. If you got some awesome Killtacular that's 15 seconds long, send it away and let the editor cut it up and make it look cool.

Just let me know if you want me to do it guys. I have all the necessary equpiment and some editing skeelz (not bad anyway). I knew a few tricks too :p

Tashi

BladedExpert said:
Just let me know if you want me to do it guys. I have all the necessary equpiment and some editing skeelz (not bad anyway). I knew a few tricks too :p

I nominate Sir BladedExpert of Wales to capture and edit "The Official HaloGAF Montage"

Pookaki said:
Yeah that was me, It was a while back. I was bored at work and decided to edit one of my old old clips :)

Edit: There are a few more videos up there, I can edit as well. I just have to find the time. If any of you guys want to have a shot captured/edited just recommend the clip to me over xbox live. Gamertag : Gouglas.

I dont know if I have time to make a full 3 minute plus montage, but i would be more than happy to do a 5-15 second clip :)

A little off topic but how are you capturing this? That is some high quality video there.

Heretic

here's one that i did for my friend's school project. i did it in a day because that's all the time i had. i was new to editing but i liked what i did given the time i had

Click me!

EDIT: Might want to lower your volume. not sure how loud it plays at. it's really loud for me.

Anyone know capture software? Like a list, last I checked not MUCH works with Vista 64...which is one of the reasons it took forever to figure out my stream. (Old computer to slow, new computer not compatible, always something right?) I'd like to try out some software see what kinda quality I can come out with.

Oozer3993

BladedExpert said:
Well here's a sample of my work form last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E68xfQcU3j0

Ive learned some stuff since then too

Just in case you don't know:

Protip: When you start a clip, hit A to pause, up on the D-pad, then down on the D-pad. R-stick in. Voila! Reticle.

xxjuicesxx said:
Anyone know capture software? Like a list, last I checked not MUCH works with Vista 64...which is one of the reasons it took forever to figure out my stream. (Old computer to slow, new computer not compatible, always something right?) I'd like to try out some software see what kinda quality I can come out with.

Virualdub. Free, open source and has a 64 bit version. Not sure if it will work with your card though.

Blueblur1

xxjuicesxx said:
Done before:

1. Any basic SLAYER gametype will now feature BR secondarys. This means H3 gameplay is going to change. AR fans you have an AR, BR fans you get your BR. Learn to use each one when the right time comes and you might actually be a better player. This now fixes the large map AR spawns issue, and the weapon fanboyism issues. Deal with it.
2. Radar in Snipes removed.
3. Social Doubles ressurected.
4. All social playlists now have the max party limit set to the # of max players that can be on one team.
5. Social splitting is now turned off in all playlists.
4+5 Addendum. If you wish to play in a social playlist but have too many players START A CUSTOM GAME UP. Deal with it. This also eliminates EXP boosting with guests and friends and such.
6. High Ground removed in all Slayer gametypes, it will now be an objective map only.
7. Vehicles removed from TS.
8. Valhalla removed from TS.
9. Nades removed from Orbital. You now have whatever you spawn with and that is it until respawn.
10. All FFA maps will have a FFA variant created, OS, Invisy, Rocks, and Snipe do not spawn at map start. Same respawn. This change became apprarent as one player always spawns at Snipe 2 and can grab OS and kill a player who spawns elbow on the map Guardian, this happens practically every FFA Guardian game. Location of a players initial spawns will no longer improve his chances to get a powerup while other players get the short end of the stick. Timing the first powerup spawns will prove the more skillful and knowledgeable players. FFA Maps will be the basis for all FFA gametypes before editing for individual uniqueness of said FFA playlist. (Zombie edits and whatnot)
11. Lone Wolves back up to 8 players. Minimum of 6 players.
12. SHWATguns removed from Team SWAT playlist.
13. Another team added to Multi-Team but not required for a game to start. (Even possible?)
14. Flavor of the month playlist added.
15. Anvil, Smashed, and Tundra removed from all gametypes.
16. Each month 2 of the Dbl EXP's will be NEW, while 2 will be ones brought back.
17. VIP variants will be tried. VIP weighted lower.
18. Flag return time will be determined by the # of players in that playlist/gametype. In example a Team Doubles Flag game would have a shorter return time than a BTB Valhalla game.
19. Ban all booster accounts with ridiculous -EXP in playlists. First just ban everyone with -50 in a playlist.
20. MLG minimum players set to 8. Finally.

---

Why be courteous? I think Bungies been getting enough blowies from everyone else here.
That doesn't sound too bad. And Juices, no one is going to respect and bother to read your posts if you act like an ass. Be nice. It doesn't hurt.

Trasher

The McFarlane Toys Halo 3 figure that will be at Comic-Con this year.
grifball_spartan.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5202364/exclusive-grifball-spartan-plays-ball-at-comic+con

Tashi

Oozer3993 said:
Just in case you don't know:

Protip: When you start a clip, hit A to pause, up on the D-pad, then down on the D-pad. R-stick in. Voila! Reticle.

wait what?

GhaleonEB

Deadly Cyclone said:
Hey all, I just wrote up a review for the Mythic Maps, check it out.

Let me know what you think!
Good write up. One suggested edit:

Set in a desert in Africa
Between the Forerunner architecture on the surrounding wall and towers, and the other planets in the skybox, I think it's safe to say the map is not set on Africa. :p

EazyB

Banned
Deadly Cyclone said:
Hey all, I just wrote up a review for the Mythic Maps, check it out.

Let me know what you think!
Review said:
Orbital Gameplay:
Orbital has an odd, yet affective, map design. Think of it as two of the letter “U” laying flat and overlapped, confused yet? Basically each base has two doors that lead around one of the “U’s,” the lower door for one base will lead to the upper door for the other base and vise-versa. There is a single point in the middle where you can see from one “U” to the other, and there is a leap of faith that you can try to make to get to the lower level. Once you roam the hallways a few times you will feel right at home, I promise. The level is the most fun out of the three Mythic maps to actually play on and offers a variety of game type options. The best gametypes for Orbital are slayer, one or two flag CTF, two bomb Assault, and SWAT. The weapon set is again similar bringing a Rocket Launcher next to the leap of faith, and no power-ups.

Orbital Verdict:
Orbital is a great map for team-based gametypes, and is beautiful to look at. It offers the same feeling as Longest and Elongation offered in previous games, and will be loved by the community for its complex yet simple level design. As mentioned earlier, take the time to simply walk around this map and admire the views.

Highlighted factual inaccuracies.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
GhaleonEB said:
Good write up. One suggested edit:

Between the Forerunner architecture on the surrounding wall and towers, and the other planets in the skybox, I think it's safe to say the map is not set on Africa. :p

Ahh, was writing so fast I missed that, thanks got it edited.

Talking about the HaloGAF montage, it would be cool if all the clips came from the weekend customs. That would be pretty sweet. That way, it would truly be a HaloGAF montage.

And at Ghaleon: We've been having custom nights every Saturday for a couple months now. That you you joined on Saturday was the back end of one of the aforementioned nights.

Blueblur1 said:
I decided to play some Halo 3 just now. 7 on the 7th then decided I should play Team Splockets. Not my idea of fun. No, sir.

Edit:
I can try to help you if you want. My gamertag is in my GAF profile.

I got it done thanks though.

My troubles were more then wiped clean since I just no scoped some recon kid, I feel better now.

DualX

Welcome to "Train Station?"

This is the Offensive base.
72371655-Full.jpg

Overhead view of the base.
72372159-Full.jpg

Here you can see I've taken the liberty to add a turret on the top middle portion of the base. You can also see the side tunnel exit, and the upward path for the Warthog.
72372300-Full.jpg

You can use this window on top in order to fire out on the field.
72372045-Full.jpg

Ramps have been added specifically for the Warthog to go in...
72373100-Full.jpg

And out of the base. (but of course, Ghosts will also be able fully use them as well)
72373338-Full.jpg

I've made certain that the Wraith can easily clear underneath the bridge, and has easy (somewhat) mobility on both sides of the pillar.
72371381-Full.jpg

More work to do ahead!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
For clips, here is a suggestion.

Depending on the number of player, each player gets one 10 sec or so clip for the night. A player can give his clip to someone else, handy if they were in game with other folks and cant decide, etc.

Might that work in some fashion?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0756655498/?tag=neogaf0e-20

http://xbox.joystiq.com/2009/04/07/dk-to-publish-official-halo-encyclopedia/

Reference publisher DK announced today that it has partnered with Microsoft to publish the Halo Encyclopedia. As its title suggests, the Halo Encyclopedia is a reference guide to everything in the Halo universe including "characters, weapons, vehicles, equipment, and locations" from every Halo game all the way up to Halo 3: ODST. The press release notes that Microsoft approached DK after the San Diego Comic-Con last year after seeing its reference guides to subjects like Star Wars and Marvel comics.

The book will span 352 pages and will feature a foreword by Halo franchise development director (and former Bungie community guru) Frank O'Connor. The encyclopedia, which marks DK's first reference based on a game, is expected to be published in several territories and in different languages. It's scheduled to hit retail this November, and while no price is specified in the press release, Amazon is offering pre-orders for $27.34, which is apparently 32% off its list price of $40.

The real question, of course, is whether the encyclopedia has an entry on what happened to the frakking pistol.

This should be free. At least online. This is milking.

Merguson

Banned
DualX2 said:
Welcome to "Train Station?"

This is the Offensive base.
72371655-Full.jpg

Overhead view of the base.
72372159-Full.jpg

Here you can see I've taken the liberty to add a turret on the top middle portion of the base. You can also see the side tunnel exit, and the upward path for the Warthog.
72372300-Full.jpg

You can use this window on top in order to fire out on the field.
72372045-Full.jpg

Ramps have been added specifically for the Warthog to go in...
72373100-Full.jpg

And out of the base. (but of course, Ghosts will also be able fully use them as well)
72373338-Full.jpg

I've made certain that the Wraith can easily clear underneath the bridge, and has easy (somewhat) mobility on both sides of the pillar.
72371381-Full.jpg

More work to do ahead!

Looks good dude, look forward to more.

Striker

EazyB said:
And I'm not sure why Striker said I was being negative about Bungie's ideas when they haven't even revealed anything about the campaign let alone the extra MP modes. I'm assuming he was tellin a joke.
I didn't say anything about you being negative about a disclosed idea. It seems nobody can disagree with him, so he hammers out the unholy laughing smiles and the thought of disagreement carries no judgment.

Even so, we've discussed the horde-mode idea months ago for a little while. If somebody had another idea or thought, nobody got their panties in a twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom