• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EazyB

Banned
vhfive said:
i'll start customs in about 15 min i got to get some food
You guys always start it around the time I go out for dinner. :lol

I was able to borrow my bud's 360 so hopefully I'll be able to play later.

KevinRo

Nutter said:
We are back to Halo 3 now.

wow w/e i'm playing me some BTB. haha i met a couple of people playing halo2 because they have to pay for halo3. booo bungle.

EazyB said:
They're both made by Bungie.

wow w/e i'm playing me some BTB. haha i met a couple of people playing halo2 because they have to pay for halo3. booo bungle.

wow people playing halo2 because they have to pay for halo3. booo bungle.

wow pay for halo3. booo bungle.

wow bungle.

I haven't played either Halo 2 or Halo 3 in a bit due to finals and life but I caught a couple games of each and the thread prevails.

Halo 3 vs Halo 2

Gameplay

3>2

maps

2>3

I only played 1 Halo 3 match which was on the pit and is the best TS map in Halo 3 but you will half to take my word for it.

KevinRo said:
The games would've been fun if it wasn't for your retarded ass laughing. For reals man learn how to laugh WTF!!!

I didn't even play a custom match. I was in the custom lobby for probably a total of 60 seconds and you were muted for 50 of them lol

MIMIC

Banned
Team Snipers: I'm still surprised at how many people still run for camo at the start of the match on Standoff. It's a free kill :lol People don't jump on the man-cannon at the start of Vahalla. Maybe people are still learning.

Also, I love how everyone starts shooting at the rocket hallway on the Pit to get a ricochet kill (I assume everyone saw the MLG Top 10 video :lol). I ALMSOT got hit once. lol

MIMIC said:
Team Snipers: I'm still surprised at how many people still run for camo at the start of the match on Standoff. It's a free kill :lol People don't jump on the man-cannon at the start of Vahalla. Maybe people are still learning.

Also, I love how everyone starts shooting at the rocket hallway on the Pit to get a ricochet kill (I assume everyone saw the MLG Top 10 video :lol). I ALMSOT got hit once. lol
I'm even more surprised that Standoff is still in the Team Sniper map rotation. The spawns are atrocious for any sniper gametype.

Willeth

Man, Annual is always a blast. I ended up taking the skull all the way to the boss fight for no reason and found out that on most unarmoured Flood, a skull kill is a one hit kill. The other three co-op jumped up on the left of the tower instead of fighting round on the right, but because I had the skull and was lagging I couldn't grenade jump up to them, so I had to lone wolf it around the long way through all the Flood they missed :lol

KevinRo

MIMIC said:

haha I do this everygame on Valhalla. I don't care, I've been doing it in the Beta and I did it on my way to a 50 in Team Slayer. I will go up the man-cannon with the snipe with no fear. Mostly because the opponents don't expect it and I can some nasty snipes off of it. Oh and if you can't have fun with regular matchmaking then you shouldn't be playing matchmaking. If I'm playing serious then that's another matter.

KevinRo said:
haha I do this everygame on Valhalla. I don't care, I've been doing it in the Beta and I did it on my way to a 50 in Team Slayer. I will go up the man-cannon with the snipe with no fear. Mostly because the opponents don't expect it and I can some nasty snipes off of it. Oh and if you can't have fun with regular matchmaking then you shouldn't be playing matchmaking. If I'm playing serious then that's another matter.

Lol, I love it when the opposing team jumps in the cannon in team snipers. It's an easy kill or two every time.

After playing Halo 2 a lot recently, I've come to the conclusion that Bungie just felt like adding a ton of random weapons to Halo 3. I mean, look at the rocket. It worked perfectly in Halo 2. Everyone fought to control of the rocket because it could kill vehicles (but good drivers could evade it) and it could kill infantry. Now in Halo 3, Bungie added a spartan laser, a missle pod, and a non-homing rocket. Laser pretty much rapes vehicles and can be used to snipe people. The rockets are only good at killing infantry for vehicles that come really close. And the missle pod is just akward.

EazyB said:
Haven't gone 21-1-0 with a chopper but I was able to scrape by with 28-5-2 with one.

But yeah, the fact that you were able to go that long in the tank shows me that heavies is still probably broken.
Not really. We were just able to get control of both tanks, and the other team sucked. I just stayed next to the teleporter and not one of them used it. Could've easily got me. You can keep a whole team at bay with the tank. The chopper... not so much.

EazyB

Banned
Stormtrooper30 said:
After playing Halo 2 a lot recently, I've come to the conclusion that Bungie just felt like adding a ton of random weapons to Halo 3. I mean, look at the rocket. It worked perfectly in Halo 2. Everyone fought to control of the rocket because it could kill vehicles (but good drivers could evade it) and it could kill infantry. Now in Halo 3, Bungie added a spartan laser, a missle pod, and a non-homing rocket. Laser pretty much rapes vehicles and can be used to snipe people. The rockets are only good at killing infantry for vehicles that come really close. And the missle pod is just akward.

I've got no love for the laser but hated the lock on rockets.

In Halo 2 there were a very limited amount of anti-vehicular weapons:
Rockets
Plasma nades

In Halo 3 there are:
rockets (take more skill to take a vehicle out with them)
Missile pod (act much like the H2 rockets but alert the vehicle, slows the carrier down, and weaker against foot soldiers)
plasma/spike grenades
brute shot (more powerful, an also a good weapon vs pedestrians)
plasma pistol
power drainer
trip mine (though very situational)
hammer
laser (unnecessary and Bungie should rely on all the other antivehicular weapons)

If there's one thing I think Halo 3 improves leaps and bounds over Halo 2, it's the vehicular/antivehicular combat.

Dax01 said:
Could've easily got me. You can keep a whole team at bay with the tank. The chopper... not so much.
Eliteslowclap.gif

Striker

Stormtrooper30 said:
The homing Rocket is not nearly as bad as the Laser. That's my biggest annoyance about the change. With the Laser, and we use Standoff as an example. You may use this versus infantry up close, against vehicles close and across the map, and worst of all, acting as a golden gun of a Sniper across the map. At least with Halo 2's rocket you couldn't lock-on players. For vehicles, you could evade, but it was challenging. Evade a laser? lol

The Missle Pod isn't so bad, because hitting a person is rare from a distance. Plus your maneuverability is limited.

Ugh, Spartan Laser.

EazyB said:
I've got no love for the laser but hated the lock on rockets.

If there's one thing I think Halo 3 improves leaps and bounds over Halo 2, it's the vehicular/antivehicular combat.
I wasn't really arguing about the vast options in Halo 3, just the redundancy. With the multiple anti-vehicle weapons in Halo 3, is it really necessary to have laser, rockets, and missle pod? I think that the Rocket from Halo 2 would just replace these 3 weapons with ease.
I mean, look at Valhalla. At the beginning of the match, you fight over the laser spawn because it rapes on that map. The missle pod isn't that important and people don't rush to pick it up. The Rocket from Halo 2 could just replace the laser and the missle pod. I mean, just put a H2 rocket up there and it will be the same thing. It just seems like Bungie made a bunch of weapons just to make them.

Striker

And the Laser does things neither the Pod and Rocket, either Halo 2 or Halo 3's version, can do and that's take people out with a scope vision. Sometimes multiple people if they're in line-sight.

A lock-on Rocket and Missple Pod would suffice, since neither can take people out across the maps like its a Halo: CE Pistol.

LCfiner

I'm sure this post will be considered "old news, lol" and lame, but whatever. it bugged the hell out of me and dropped my opinion of Bungie as low as it could go.

So I haven't played Halo 3 in over a month since the dude I normally play with has been out of commission for a while.

We log in, form our party and find that nearly every single playlist has been modified to force the need for (still not free) Legendary DLC. Including basic stuff like Team Slayer and Social Team Slayer.

the only playlist we could play was Squad Battle (not even Big team social).

What the Fuck???

So, yeah, this is total bullshit. I pretty much just wanted to take Halo 3 out of my system at that point and not play it till Bungie change their playlists to allow casual players of the game to enjoy more variety of playlists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom