• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
ferrex said:
This thread is a bumpy ride.

An observation for you guys to chew on: the spoilers being circulated now are starting to feed on themselves, and I've been seeing some misinformation and inaccuracies being circulated as canon by chumps too caught up in the act of massive spoilage to fact check. They just regurgitate what they read and clap like seals when you guys freak.

Things are wound up now to the point where you could say "and at the end, Marcus Fenix appears in a cameo role... and DIES!", and people would take it as gospel. They are, in fact, already adopting the shotgun approach with the "X DIES!" meme.

Based on the material I know to be out there (and I've been watching plenty of forums, the overwhelming majority of which are vastly filthier than this thread), I don't think anybody here is ruined. In fact, some of you who think you're irrevocably spoiled are in fact not. You're being lied to and this isn't even occuring to some of you.

And no, I'm not going to clarify which "spoilers" are inaccurate, heh. That'd be stupid.

At this point, you should be careful, be skeptical, and relax.

(DON'T BELIEVE? Heh.)

I. FUCKING. LOVE. YOU. SO. MUCH.

armubaba

Buttonbasher said:
medium_1405263870_b9fa299549_o.jpg

A desperate enemy is right.

:(

ferrex said:
Nice, I haven't even seen those tins yet. (Bah.)

I hope they kept the writing and screenshots on the sleeve, so that the tin only has the piece of art on the back. That'd be rather nice. I'll have to ask Aaron tomorrow. :D
I do like the slip covers to be where the business is and then the tin be fresh.

PDZ had a good case like that.

Ramirez

Welp, tomorrow starts my string of late night shifts that doesn't end til Sunday, so with a bit of luck and self control, I think I'm fairly safe from getting the game spoiled. :D

LukeSmith

ferrex said:
Nice, I haven't even seen those tins yet. (Bah.)

I hope they kept the writing and screenshots on the sleeve, so that the tin only has the piece of art on the back. That'd be rather nice. I'll have to ask Aaron tomorrow. :D

Yeah I haven't seen them either, those look awesome.

Costanza

Banned
I remember reading something a few weeks ago about the embargo lifting on the Wednesday before release, so are IGN and the other big sites planning on posting reviews tonight?

ferrex

MaizeRage25 said:
What? Really?
Not in the flesh, nope.

FWIW, I thought it'd be funny to let you guys know, but nobody at Bungie has a non-development copy of the game yet either. We're waiting for our copies to arrive after the stores are all stocked up. Go figure, eh?

Bah, I have achievements to earn!

GhaleonEB

Buttonbasher said:
I do like the slip covers to be where the business is and then the tin be fresh.

PDZ had a good case like that.
Pretty sure it's a slipcover. Gamestop had an empty tin out on display today in their countertop display, and it was just the metal tin, no marketing material on the back.

Sean

Banned
Costanza said:
I remember reading something a few weeks ago about the embargo lifting on the Wednesday before release, so are IGN and the other big sites planning on posting reviews tonight?

I don't think IGN (and all online websites) even get the game until the 22nd.

subrock

someone totally spammed the neogaf list with spoiler FR. I *never* get requests and thewre is one sitting in my inbox. wont check until post halo though. so dumb

Dirtbag

MaX_PL said:
please tell me that aint the actual case. please.

fuck now i'm gonna go change my preorder to legendary cause theres no way i'm buying that case.

did you actually prefer the one with the 4 million watermarks on it? :lol

Dartastic

Domino Theory said:
I. FUCKING. LOVE. YOU. SO. MUCH.

Agreed. I had a message on my XBL name and I basically freaked, let my friend check it for me, and discover that it was just a friend notifying me that he was changing his gamertag. PHEW. Still, it's wonderful to know that these may be false spoilers.

GhaleonEB

Sean said:
I don't think IGN (and all online websites) even get the game until the 22nd.
Review embargo goes up on Sunday, probably at midnight, so they have probably played it by now. As an aside, Bungie.net news posting promises more goodies ala the Isolation and bungie.net feature reveals over the next few days, and the third part in the Forge guide goes up tomorrow after the site infastructure upgrade.

Costanza

Banned
Domino Theory said:
Actually all reviewers finished playing the game in its entiraty last week.

Hey Costanza, embargo ends Sept. 23rd.
Ah, well then most likely I'll have the game before then (flea market, i'll know for sure by tomorrow), so reviews won't matter (like they actually would to begin with..).

Dirtbag

MaX_PL said:
what does that mean? i dont get it.

i'm not goin to sleep til we hit 11k.

Oh the original box art had microsoft game studios watermarked as a pattern all over it.
I guess the collective moans and groans forced the change.

edit:beaten by a better post. :D

Trevelyan

Banned
Alright, so far my biggest complaint about the game:

Not really spoilers, but ehh.

OMG they need to turn on the AA, it really brings down the whole game graphically for me.

ferrex

Dartastic said:
Agreed. I had a message on my XBL name and I basically freaked, let my friend check it for me, and discover that it was just a friend notifying me that he was changing his gamertag. PHEW. Still, it's wonderful to know that these may be false spoilers.
Changing it to [spoilar]WARTHOG DIES[/spoilar], no doubt.

LukeSmith

GhaleonEB said:
Review embargo goes up on Sunday, probably at midnight, so they have probably played it by now. As an aside, Bungie.net news posting promises more goodies ala the Isolation and bungie.net feature reveals over the next few days, and the third part in the Forge guide goes up tomorrow after the site infastructure upgrade.

Sunday at Noon. Daily Content on Bnet between now and launch including Matchmaking Playlist reveals (maybe Tyson will write something on them, I gotta ask him tomorrowz), Networking, Saved Films, Guide and Tour of Bungie.net, more Forge, First Ever Halo 3 Humpday on brand new Forged Gametypes with films of Rocket Race, new 2 hour podcast with Joe Staten, Marty O'Donnell and Chris Gossett talking about the new Bnet, the next Blomkamp and finally, a long awaited pre-launch surprise.

I dunno, seems like a decent amount of stuff to help you pass the time.

Odysseus

Banned
GhaleonEB said:

hilary goldstein played it for ign a couple of weeks ago.

MaX_PL

Banned
:lol well then yes, i honestly do prefer the one with those watermarks.

seriously though, i'm changing my preorder because i cant stand that boxart. i love that "3" logo on the limited edition. the LE is just 10 bucks more, right?

Eric WK

LukeSmith said:
Sunday at Noon. Daily Content on Bnet between now and launch including Matchmaking Playlist reveals (maybe Tyson will write something on them, I gotta ask him tomorrowz), Networking, Saved Films, Guide and Tour of Bungie.net, more Forge, First Ever Halo 3 Humpday on brand new Forged Gametypes with films of Rocket Race, new 2 hour podcast with Joe Staten, Marty O'Donnell and Chris Gossett talking about the new Bnet, the next Blomkamp and finally, a long awaited pre-launch surprise.

Amazing, Luke.

It's going to be a good final six days.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
LukeSmith said:

So you have finally given us a gameplay video since Betalicious ?

<3 you. Go colts.

MaX_PL

Banned
Trevelyan said:
Alright, so far my biggest complaint about the game:

Not really spoilers, but ehh.

OMG they need to turn on the AA, it really brings down the whole game graphically for me.

that sucks, that was a something that annoyed me during the beta and i thought they fixed it based on recent videos.

FIREBABY

I just saw this dude at Wal-mart, in the parking lot, with a box full. And no he didnt' work there. He was going to sell me one for $40. After quick debating I decided to pass. No way in hell I'm going to jail with some crackhead. Damn was it hard for me. They also had the same orange sticker on them. Didn't know thats what it said though. When he left me I saw him leave with 2 other guys, I assume was going to buy them from him(or rob his dumb ass). Seconds later I see the police pull up. I'll just wait until the 24th.

MaX_PL said:
:lol well then yes, i honestly do prefer the one with those watermarks.

seriously though, i'm changing my preorder because i cant stand that boxart. i love that "3" logo on the limited edition. the LE is just 10 bucks more, right?
yes

armubaba

Wait, why the hell is Maize banned? I really, really hope it wasn't for that whole Sylar thing...

First TDG and now this? WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO?!?!

LukeSmith said:

Damn, can't wait. :D

GhaleonEB

LukeSmith said:

mo_77_tn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom