• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official MADWORLD Thread of No Means Yes and Yes Means A--wesome!

Dascu

Full list of the DeathWatch challenges:
1-1
Hit Bull with the train
Score 3 million points
Finish without using a continue
Kill boss in 15 minutes

1-2
Get 3 bull masks
Slaughter 100 enemies
Score 3.5 million points
Don't kill more than 25 enemies

2-1
Get 3 Orbs
Score 3 million points
Kill boss in 15 minutes

2-2
Save 3 geishas
Kill boss in 15 minutes
Fry 8000 points worth of food
Don't take any damage

3-1
Impale 6 enemies on the fountain
Score 5 million points
Kill 4 death blades

3-2
Stick Driller with 5 candle sticks
Slaughter 200 enemies

4-1
Kill boss in 10 minutes
Don't take damage
Score 5.6 million points

4-2
Hunt runaway Greys
Score 3 million points
Kill boss in 15 minutes

And then people say this game has no replay value. It's going to take me ages to get all of that.

dkeane

Playing the dungeon last night, this game gets difficult. Can't wait to play tonight. I died on the boss - couldn't figure out the best way to kill him. Really love that levels design.

Tonight after work I'll be playing Area 66 - Stage 1 on hard. While playing on normal, this was the first stage that forced me to play smarter with dodging and the first to force me to run around looking for health during the level. I'm somewhat dreading this stage on hard.

Funny commentary during the Castle Final Boss, Elise:
Commentator 1: After fighting her I was declared legally dead for a week!
Commentator 2: Awesome rack, though!
Commentator 1: True dat!
:lol

They said another one right after that which was also funny, but I can't remember it

Gino

Is there a secret to fighting frank. Seems like falling in the water is pretty much instant death. I try to jump when he stomps but I'm usually running away from him so it's hard to tell when that's coming. I died on him twice yesterday.

Also in that level how the hell do you get the swords, the onion, and the free life that's dangling over the pit?

Gino said:
Is there a secret to fighting frank. Seems like falling in the water is pretty much instant death. I try to jump when he stomps but I'm usually running away from him so it's hard to tell when that's coming. I died on him twice yesterday.

Also in that level how the hell do you get the swords, the onion, and the free life that's dangling over the pit?

For Frank, stay on top and fight him either near the steps, or near the opposite corner near his chair (there's a box there you can use to climb up out of the water). If you get knocked into the water, it'll be a shorter distance out of it if you're fighting him near either of those spots. I usually dash and hop while getting out, but I think he might say something as he shocks the water "Smash!" or something... not sure though.

To get to the high ground, in one of the chambers one of the rooms has boxes in it that you can climb up on. Beware the hallway though, you have to dash through it or else spikes will get you. At the end of the hallway is the onion, but the wall must be broken through by a driller in order to proceed. If its not broken yet, just chill there til it happens.

Gino

Gryphter said:
For Frank, stay on top and fight him either near the steps, or near the opposite corner near his chair (there's a box there you can use to climb up out of the water). If you get knocked into the water, it'll be a shorter distance out of it if you're fighting him near either of those spots. I usually dash and hop while getting out, but I think he might say something as he shocks the water "Smash!" or something... not sure though.

To get to the high ground, in one of the chambers one of the rooms has boxes in it that you can climb up on. Beware the hallway though, you have to dash through it or else spikes will get you. At the end of the hallway is the onion, but the wall must be broken through by a driller in order to proceed. If its not broken yet, just chill there til it happens.
I guess I don't really know how to dash...

Do you just smash the stick or what?

Wow this game is out already!? Was just checking out Wii titles and I also saw that Pikmin with the Wii controls is out, too. Damn, I've been out of the loop... SO this game is definitely my next purchase look forward to playing it now that I've beat RE5 for PS3.

Chozo

Dascu said:
Started my New Game+ replay on Normal (for now). Didn't manage to get Bull Crocker on the train tracks for the challenge (any tips?), and for the challenge of the second stage, that damn Crocker ran into an explosive barrel and killed himself. Boo!

The best way I've found for "Hit the Bull with the train" is to run onto the train tracks and hope that Bull Crocker follows you. If you do he'll generally stay on the tracks long enough for a train to come and hit him.

pakkit

Banned
Chozo said:
The best way I've found for "Hit the Bull with the train" is to run onto the train tracks and hope that Bull Crocker follows you. If you do he'll generally stay on the tracks long enough for a train to come and hit him.
The train track's lights start flashing when a train is approaching, so I just coax him near me, nunchuk dodging all of his attacks, and then when I see the lights aflashin', I get to dashin'.

Gino said:
I guess I don't really know how to dash...

Do you just smash the stick or what?

Double tap with the analog stick, you'll see manga style speed lines on screen for a sec

edit: the more I think about it, I'm not entirely sure if this is faster than normal running now. I assume it is since the speed lines show up, but I'm not so sure. Will have to try it after work today

markatisu

Gryphter said:
Double tap with the analog stick, you'll see manga style speed lines on screen for a sec

edit: the more I think about it, I'm not entirely sure if this is faster than normal running now. I assume it is since the speed lines show up, but I'm not so sure. Will have to try it after work today

Well you are not really running so much as thrusting your shoulder and moving faster. If you do it near an enemy you essentially football tackle them

Oxx

SP_A0026.jpg

Finally!

I'm sure the thread will pick up now that Europe can get in on the act.

Soundtrack's pretty cool. I'll try and get to the game later tonight when the easily offended have gone to bed.

MiniDitka

Gryphter said:
Tonight after work I'll be playing Area 66 - Stage 1 on hard. While playing on normal, this was the first stage that forced me to play smarter with dodging and the first to force me to run around looking for health during the level. I'm somewhat dreading this stage on hard.

Funny commentary during the Castle Final Boss, Elise:
Commentator 1: After fighting her I was declared legally dead for a week!
Commentator 2: Awesome rack, though!
Commentator 1: True dat!
:lol

They said another one right after that which was also funny, but I can't remember it

Here is the intro and outro cutscenes for Elise - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePnfPq8IXJU

markatisu

Gryphter said:
^I want that soundtrack so bad. I'm keeping an eye on ebay.

Seriously, if there was ever a need for a Collectors Edition of the game it would be this.

Maybe after the initial run of preorders is done they can put any excess up for sale.

Well EU and especially AUS usually get the short end of things when it comes to gaming. I know AUS gamers have to pay ridiculous prices for their games. I think maybe Sega/PG is trying to make up for it this time. That doesn't mean that I don't really really REALLY want that stuff though.

Hey Sega/PG: PLEEEEEAAASE make these available for purchase on your website.

markatisu

Gryphter said:
Well EU and especially AUS usually get the short end of things when it comes to gaming. I know AUS gamers have to pay ridiculous prices for their games. I think maybe Sega/PG is trying to make up for it this time. That doesn't mean that I don't really really REALLY want that stuff though.

Hey Sega/PG: PLEEEEEAAASE make these available for purchase on your website.

I dont care if they give it away for free to other markets, I just want the option to buy it!

Dascu

I love fighting Bull Crockers. Keeping your distance, getting them to hack through grunts, dodging their attacks with the slow-mo strafe and then slashing them in half with the chainsaw is so gratifying.

Giant Bomb review is up. 3 out of 5 stars.

http://www.giantbomb.com/madworld/61-21173/

Jeff Gerstmann said:
MadWorld is a terrific idea. From a distance, it looks like an amazing, unique project, full of creativity. But the closer you get to it, and the more time you spend working your way through its levels, MadWorld loses a lot of its charm, quickly becoming a slow-paced brawler that shows you all of its best tricks in the first ten minutes. Everything else, from the game's unique art style to its rampant use of blood and cursing, feels like a sleight-of-hand trick designed to make you think the game is more than it really is. If you can keep up the suspension of disbelief, MadWorld is probably pretty amazing. But after hearing the announcers repeat the same handful of phrases again and again for the first hour, and seeing the same death animations applied to multiple levels and multiple opponents, all I could see was the basic, repetitive fighting underneath MadWorld's thick layer of style.

Oxx said:
SP_A0026.jpg

Finally!

I'm sure the thread will pick up now that Europe can get in on the act.

Soundtrack's pretty cool. I'll try and get to the game later tonight when the easily offended have gone to bed.

Whaaaat? You got an OST... i got a t-shirt! Whilst it is a pretty nice design, it is too big (large) and is quite cheaply made. I'd rather they charged a few quid more and made it higher quality if i had been told i'd get one to be honest.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Kamakazie! said:
Whaaaat? You got an OST... i got a t-shirt! Whilst it is a pretty nice design, it is too big (large) and is quite cheaply made. I'd rather they charged a few quid more and made it higher quality if i had been told i'd get one to be honest.
HMV = OST
GAME = White t-shirt
GameStation = Black t-shirt.

I pre-ordered at HMV so hopefully I get my package tomorrow.

AnEternalEnigma said:
Giant Bomb review is up. 3 out of 5 stars.

http://www.giantbomb.com/madworld/61-21173/
[KZ2 Mode]What??? Rubbish! I've not played it but that score is way lower than the generally accepted score. Pft, anti Wii bias of the gaming media is a joke! Blah blah blah blah.[/KZ2 Mode]

BGBW said:
HMV = OST
GAME = White t-shirt
GameStation = Black t-shirt.

I pre-ordered at HMV so hopefully I get my package tomorrow.
Ah right, didn't expect any bonuses. I got mine from Gameplay. It was the cheapest by a few pounds until Amazon dropped their price by about £4 just a few days before launch. Couldn't be bothered to change my order.

samratty

Got my copy in the mail today along with soundtrack, which is pretty good too (it's going on the old swinePod). Played the first two levels, which were fun but I'd seen most of it in videos. Looking forward to playing more later.

John Harker said:
Just to quote it again (thanks for this, its pretty awesome when they get into it) but how much better does the game look in motion without the yellow filter? :(

I want to turn it off!!!!
I got it to turn white by switching my temp settings to cool....looks so nice

Bebpo

Banned
Hey, in the first Chinatown stage, how do you get to where the money shot bloodbath is?

Also what happens if you get all the orbs?

Volcynika

Bebpo said:
Hey, in the first Chinatown stage, how do you get to where the money shot bloodbath is?

-One of the upper levels, climb around on the vents and stuff. Should climb up to a room where spinning blades on the walls, then go out to the back to the vents, and climb up and around.

-It's a DW challenge, nets you bonus points.

markatisu

Bebpo said:

Its on the 2nd floor of the city if I remember, jump on boxes or climb up via the alley to get up to the higher levels

samratty

Bebpo said:

On the roof with the gong on it, near the "asshole spikes" and the electric sign.

I didn't even find a single orb. lol

Oxx

Just beat Little Eddie.

Fun boss but the rest of the first stage didn't really do it for me. The camera feels too loose and I got a bit bored after about five minutes.

Probably my fault.
I need to get more creative.

Oxx

I did manage to die at one point in the first stage. All the brain-dead fodder just doesn't prepare you for fighting enemies that can actually hurt you...

Top Bottom