The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
#51
Albino_Samurai said:
I'm going to see Jean Michelle Jarre in the Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam may the 26th. next year.

Can't wait!!!
He's a GENIUS!

Oxygene and Equinoxe are TIMLESS albums. I grew up with them =)

Check out his most recent one as well, VERY up-to-date sound ...
 

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
#53
btkadams said:
going to see mstrkrft again tomorrow with steve aoki (saw mstrkrft a couple weeks ago). so pumped!!!
Nice one! A bit of inside-information for you:

Mustard Pimp are collaborating wiith Steve Aoki soon ... ;)
 

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
#55
Ok, this thread is fucking awesome. I'm digging the hell out of FlyKKiller and Mustard Pimp. This thread is right up my alley right now. Bought the FlyKKiller album, will grab more when I get home from the holidays. I've got too much new stuff to listen to already, but damn, my next few purchases seem pretty lined up with a lot of recent recommendations.

For better or worse, I seem to rely on GAF to recommend me great electronic stuff, even though it's pretty much my favorite genre.

Nash said:
This track is the dub mix of the first single off the debut album due out next year, and you are literally the FIRST people to hear it. I haven't even had a chance to put it up on ibar's musicplayer yet! =)
Don't suppose you happen to know approx when FlyKKiller's new stuff is hitting?
 

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
#56
Dan said:
Ok, this thread is fucking awesome. I'm digging the hell out of FlyKKiller and Mustard Pimp. This thread is right up my alley right now. Bought the FlyKKiller album, will grab more when I get home from the holidays. I've got too much new stuff to listen to already, but damn, my next few purchases seem pretty lined up with a lot of recent recommendations.

For better or worse, I seem to rely on GAF to recommend me great electronic stuff, even though it's pretty much my favorite genre.


Don't suppose you happen to know approx when FlyKKiller's new stuff is hitting?
Glad you like FlyKKiller, they are VERY special.

I thought at first they were going to re-release the first album with bonus-tracks, because it flew under the radar when it came out. Like most stuff that is way ahead of it's time, or can't be pigeon-holed. But NO! We are getting a WHOLE NEW ALBUM! :D

I'll ask Stephen when it's scheduled to drop for you ...

I'd like to know myself actually! Check out the ibar video of the album version of the track in this thread by the way, if you haven't already, absolutely STUNNING:

http://en-gb.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=32249261096

Me and everyone else who witnessed it were left speechless, people bought the first album on the spot after that gig ...

I fucking LOVE music, especially the live variety! :D
 

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
#57
Thanks man. Yeah, that live video is ridiculously good. Easily a record seller.

I'm really looking forward to getting home from the holidays and cranking some of these mixes. Can't enjoy them here...
 
#58
E-phonk said:
I mixset from me and a (female) dj last friday. It's recorded live from a local club where we were playing.
http://www.zshare.net/audio/5268285435b01b76/

Style is techno/club -ish - with some electro near the end.
This is really, really good. Whatever that song is at around the 48 minute mark, it's fucking fire.


I've been playing the hell out of the Andy Stott remix of "Recovery IDea" by Vladislav Delay lately. So cool.
 

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
#62
jowa said:
bump for an amazing thread!

I'm a big fan of electronic music, you can take a look at my last.fm profile here: http://www.last.fm/user/Odebleis

Oh and, here's a small contribution. My favourite remix ever:
Para One - Midnight Swim (Surkin Drowning Mix)

I'll post more good stuff if you guys are interested!
Cheers man!

This thread is something I thought NeoGAF REALLY needed, as it's full of fans of electronic music as it's the sister of a videogames forum. Just like the internet is full of fans of electronic music, as the internet is technology-driven just like this genre of music.

So I thought lets being it ALL together, rather than split it up into seperate threads about Daft Punk, Justice etc. We are stronger together, than we are apart ... ;)

Also, music HAS to evolve. We've come a LONG way since hitting rocks with stones to create a tune. Human-beings express themselves with music, it's part of who we are, we've always had a NEED to do so. Music is an expression of the SOUL, just like all forms of creativity are.

Art has evolved from crude paintings on the walls of caves, to state-of-the-art CGI. As we become more enlightened, so the art we produce, whether in the form of paintings, music, film, animation etc. become more complex, more expressive, more meaningful and therefore more enlightening for OTHERS.

And for music to evolve, just like film and animation has, it NEEDS technology. The whole point of music is to express yourself, and if you become enlightened you discover a way of expressing what you've learned through sound.

And if that sound doesn't exist, you CREATE it.

Which is where the technology comes in ... ;)

LONG LIVE THIS THREAD! :D
 

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
#63
NYE @ ibar event page is UP, for anyone who is near or in Bournemouth, UK:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=41049674559

DECK'ARD said:
THE WIRED PRESENTS:
NEW YEAR'S EVE '08 @ ibar

>>>> WHERE IS THE LOVE? <<<<

The most last-minute event page I have EVER put up, but there's a reason for that ...

This night had to be PERFECT, and now it IS:

ADAM SKY (ADAMSKI)
A1 BASSLINE (CHRISTIAN from PARTYSHANK)
TEEN SYMMETRY
YOUR BOYFRIENDS ARE DJ'S
DECK'ARD (ME!)
+ anyone else who feels the need to jump on the decks ;)

And because this night is all about the LOVE of music, ibar will NOT be ripping you off to pay for the traditionally quiet month of January in advance:

ONLY £5 ENTRY
£1.50 DRINKS OFFERS ALL NIGHT
£3.50 DOUBLE VODKA RED BULL
2-FOR-1 COCKTAILS TLLL MIDNIGHT

As you know, ibar (and me) have had a bit of a rough time of it the last few months to say the least.

And to be perfectly honest, I'm now FED UP of talking about it. I want to move on, but people aren't letting me, because I have to spend all my time DEFENDING myself and ibar against lies, hurt, incompetence, jealousy, bigotry. And this is down to OTHER people's insecurities, NOT my own.

I LOVE ibar, I LOVE my friends, I LOVE my flat, I LOVE music, and I will not lose ANY of them. Even if I never get any love BACK =(

Every single one of you who are reading this, whether I've known you for 8 minutes or 8 YEARS, I'd like to see you point to a SINGLE time I have HURT anyone or anything?

Because ACTIONS speak louder than WORDS. But sometimes words can hurt MORE, due to other people's INACTION, and when they do you have to shout back louder to try and STOP people causing such hurt again ...

If your child was about to run into the middle of the road, what else would you do? EXACTLY!

Well, I've shouted now to the point of losing my voice. If people don't believe me now, they obviously just can't handle a few things ...

Such as me being GAY. Well BIG FUCKING DEAL! Love is love, and love is better than WAR. And if you think I'm going to stop making LOVE, then you are very, VERY wrong. Would you? No. Precisely.

So, if ANYONE wants to run into the road now, they are more than welcome to. It will be your actions that led to your death, not mine. And therefore NOT on my conscience ...

Plus, I have a NYE's PAAAARRRRTY to get ready for!!!! :D

Tired of OTHER people hurting you? Then say "Fuck em!, let's party!" ...

And you are all VERY welcome @ ibar TONIGHT =)

Andy X
Hope so see some of you there!

And if not in person, then atleast in spirit ... ;)

Andy X
 
#64
Great thread will make sure i listen to all the stuff in here after new years

Just a heads up, Kill the Noise turn off / tune in Vol.2 pretty good worth a listen
 

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
#67
btkadams said:
that song is sick, i gotta listen to more of this guy. must have been a killer new years
Oh it WAS! Almost LITERALLY! ;)

He changed his name to Adam Sky, sort of a rebirth, check out the track Ape-X (GODLY, and TOTALLY unique):

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vuep-xAzlM

I'd even go as far as to say that Ape-X is possibly the best electronic track this DECADE actually! Just as Killer was the best of the 90's. And the videos to both are VERY special =)

Also check out his MySpace for his 2008 remake of Killer - RELLIK - which actually BETTERS the original:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=51604258

<3
 
#68
Nash said:
Oh it WAS! Almost LITERALLY! ;)

He changed his name to Adam Sky, sort of a rebirth, check out the track Ape-X (GODLY, and TOTALLY unique):

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vuep-xAzlM

I'd even go as far as to say that Ape-X is possibly the best electronic track this DECADE actually! Just as Killer was the best of the 90's. And the videos to both are VERY special =)

Also check out his MySpace for his 2008 remake of Killer - RELLIK - which actually BETTERS the original:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=51604258

<3
he's not quite my taste of electronic music but damn he is good.
 

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
#69
btkadams said:
he's not quite my taste of electronic music but damn he is good.
Indeed he is!

His DJ set was LEAGUES above anything else we've had @ ibar. Everyone from punters, to our resident DJ's, were openmouthed ...

And dancing of course! :D
 

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
#70
Adam Sky/Adamski's stuff is always YEARS ahead of it's time, which is why people don't usually discover it (or get their heads round it) until a few years later, or even a decade ...

As long as they discover it in the end though, that's ALL that matters ;)
 

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
#71
Just when I was listening to the Le Mothership remix by Mustard Pimp, thinking how I really loved first two songs but not so much the rest, I find this:

http://www.discobelle.net/2008/12/30/rer-ep/

Those first two songs (RER B and RER C) plus the rest of that EP available for (legal) download here - Mustar Pimp even links to this from their MySpace, so it's clearly OK by them.

*Really* good stuff.
 
#74
Lord Error said:
Just when I was listening to the Le Mothership remix by Mustard Pimp, thinking how I really loved first two songs but not so much the rest, I find this:

http://www.discobelle.net/2008/12/30/rer-ep/

Those first two songs (RER B and RER C) plus the rest of that EP available for (legal) download here - Mustar Pimp even links to this from their MySpace, so it's clearly OK by them.

*Really* good stuff.
that is awesome. i am really liking this guy. is he having a cd come out this year?
 
#75
hey guys i have a question. is there a satellite radio service or something similar that has a station that strictly plays electro? including electro/house. id love to have a station to listen to on the way to campus that plays stuff like bloody beetroots and mstrkrft.
 
#77
btkadams said:
hey guys i have a question. is there a satellite radio service or something similar that has a station that strictly plays electro? including electro/house. id love to have a station to listen to on the way to campus that plays stuff like bloody beetroots and mstrkrft.
You're better off finding internet channels that plays fidget house, I haven't heard of any stations, or at least none here in the US, dedicated to it.

Oh, and you're specifically looking for Electro/fidget house; the actual genre of Electro is completely different than what you're probably interested in.
 
#78
Davidion said:
You're better off finding internet channels that plays fidget house, I haven't heard of any stations, or at least none here in the US, dedicated to it.

Oh, and you're specifically looking for Electro/fidget house; the actual genre known as Electro is completely different than what you're probably interested in.
oh really? i thought bloody beetroots/mstrkrft/boys noize were considered electro? geez all these subgenres of EDM are fucking irritating lol. whats the name of the genre im looking for then?
 
#79
btkadams said:
oh really? i thought bloody beetroots/mstrkrft/boys noize were considered electro? geez all these subgenres of EDM are fucking irritating lol. whats the name of the genre im looking for then?
Electro House/Fidget house/Maximal (I hate this name). Again, I haven't seen any stations or channels off line that caters specifically to the sound.


This is actual proper Electro. Two totally different boats. :lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d2IMY33D-Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojuCjp1boUg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHIo1UVj7tk
 
#80
Davidion said:
Electro House/Fidget house/Maximal (I hate this name). Again, I haven't seen any stations or channels off line that caters specifically to the sound.


This is actual proper Electro. Two totally different boats. :lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d2IMY33D-Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojuCjp1boUg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHIo1UVj7tk
o.. lol. okay so i type that into google with radio station and hopefully ill get something? lol. hey can i import a radio station into my itunes or something? because i know they have some on there but i doubt they have an electro house one listed.
 
#81
btkadams said:
o.. lol. okay so i type that into google with radio station and hopefully ill get something? lol. hey can i import a radio station into my itunes or something? because i know they have some on there but i doubt they have an electro house one listed.
It should be popular enough for you to find a playlist of some kind. My suggestion is for you to dig through imeem or youtube and dump the artists into their playlist options and go from there. I'm actually not much of a electro house fan myself, so maybe people more knowledgeable can help you out.

I just typed fidget house into an imeem search and got a random smorgasbord of stuff, you might want to check it out.
 
#82
Davidion said:
It should be popular enough for you to find a playlist of some kind. My suggestion is for you to dig through imeem or youtube and dump the artists into their playlist options and go from there. I'm actually not much of a electro house fan myself, so maybe people more knowledgeable can help you out.

I just typed fidget house into an imeem search and got a random smorgasbord of stuff, you might want to check it out.
imeem? smorgasbord? wtf lol. thanks! googling now.
 

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
#83
I wasn't a fan of Electro House, got tired and overplayed VERY quick.

Check out all the Electroclash stuff from 2000/2001, that stuff is TIMELESS and the best electronic stuff since the 80's (Human League, Depeche Mode etc.) Synth-driven, melodic electro, with decent lyrics for a change!

Fischerspooner - Emerge (the ANTHEM for this period of music), Sweetness, Megacolon, The 15th ... try and find the video for Sweetness as well, STUNNING stuff, basically a shortfilm. Their second album Odyssey which came out after Electroclash had fizzled out was VERY good. The tracks Never Win, We Need A War, Just Let Go ...

Ladytron - Seventeen (CLASSIC), Playgirl, Cease 2 Exist, Evil, Light & Magic ...

Soviet - Candy Girl and ANYTHING for their album 'We Are Eyes, We are Builders (very, VERY unappreciated album)

Console - Surin' Atari (VERY Kill Bill), Suck And Run, Your God Eats Me, Dirt On The Wire

Waldorf - You're My Disco (another Electroclash CLASSIC)

Felix Da Housecat - Harlot, Madame Hollywood, Glitz Rock, Silven Screen Shower Scene (AMAZING), Happy Hour

Golden Boy - Autopilot, Rippin' Kittin, Nix

Pleasure - Don't Look The Other Way (features Justine from Elastica on vocals)

The Dysfunctional Psychedelic Waltons - Payback Time (LOVE this track)

Miss Kittin - 1982, Frank Sinatra (probably the best Electroclash track along with Emerge), Nurse

Larry Tee - Supermodel, Confusion (New Order remix, also remixed for the start of Blade 1)

-

Basically ALL of the (very) shortlived Electroclash era holds up today. I play em all in my DJ sets, and everyone thinks they've just come out!

The sign of good music ... ;)
 
#84
Nash said:
I wasn't a fan of Electro House, got tired and overplayed VERY quick.

Check out all the Electroclash stuff from 2000/2001, that stuff is TIMELESS and the best electronic stuff since the 80's (Human League, Depeche Mode etc.)

Fischerspooner - Emerge, Sweetness, Megacolon, The 15th ...

Ladytron - Seventeed (CLASSIC), Playgirl, Cease 2 Exist, Evil ...

Soviet - Candy Girl and ANYTHING for their album 'We Are Eyes, We are Builders (very, VERY unappreciated album)

Console - Surin' Atari, Suck And Run

Waldorf - You're My Disco

Felix Da Housecat - Harlot, Miss Hollywood, Glitz Rock, Silven Screen Shower Scene (AMAZING)

Miss Kittin - 1982, Frank Sinatra (probably the best Electroclash track along with Emerge), Nurse

Larry Tee - Supermodel

-

Basically ALL of the (very) shortlived Electroclash era holds up today. I play em all in my DJ sets, and everyone thinks they've just come out!

The sign of good music ... ;)
overplayed?! maybe in uk buddy lol, this shit's never played on the radio. NEVER. muchmusic (mtv) has some random daft vids on their latenight videoflow but other than that EDM is fairly absent. i heard bounce by mstrkrft once on our alternative radio station here in calgary a month ago and it made my day lol. im going to check out the stuff you just listed after i finish my movie, thanks for the list.
 

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
#85
btkadams said:
overplayed?! maybe in uk buddy lol, this shit's never played on the radio. NEVER. muchmusic (mtv) has some random daft vids on their latenight videoflow but other than that EDM is fairly absent. i heard bounce by mstrkrft once on our alternative radio station here in calgary a month ago and it made my day lol. im going to check out the stuff you just listed after i finish my movie, thanks for the list.
Electro House was just a tacky halfway house - neither one thing nor the other.

Only about 2 decent tracks came out of that period, and it's basically dead already.

Start listening to electroclash, fidget and nu disco ... ;)
 
#86
Nash said:
Electro House was just a tacky halfway house - neither one thing nor the other.

Only about 2 decent tracks came out of that period, and it's basically dead already.

Start listening to electroclash, fidget and nu disco ... ;)
wtf dead?! mstrkrfts new cd isnt even out yet. DIE NASH DIEEE lol. electro house just got really started baby.
 

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
#87
btkadams said:
wtf dead?! mstrkrfts new cd isnt even out yet. DIE NASH DIEEE lol. electro house just got really started baby.
I wouldn't even class them as Electro House, they are French Electro just not from France =)

Electro House is all the REALLY grating Ministry Of Sound style 'anthems', like that bloody Egg remix off the car ad ... ugh.

About the ONLY good Electro House track was Hands Up For Detroit.

Just get a load of the Kitsune compilations CD's for all the best of the new electronic artists. Can't go wrong with Kitsune ...
 

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
#88
Seriously, Electro House is DEAD. Sorry!

Fidget/Wonk goes mainstream this year when Alex Metric and Fake Blood's albums come out, as well as more Mustard Pimp ...

And the new 'underground' electro is Nu Disco (WONDERFUL).
 
#89
Electronic music sub-genre names are just about meaningless these days.

I like this French guy Kiko lately http://www.myspace.com/hotbananakiko

Maybe its a little older but whatever :D

Also Extrawelt is really good

I'm not so much into vocals but I do for some reason like some of the older Electroclash especially Fischerspooner's first album.
 
#90
DJ Umek is always putting mixes on his site available for free download. He was #33 or something on one of those stupid top DJ surveys. Mostly 'minimal' (not real minimal/detroit) techno/house lately. He plays lots of under the radar stuff from people you've probably never heard of.

You have to register to download his promo sets but its well worth the hassle.

www.umek.si

On top of being a good DJ he's been a producer for years and is responsible for this killer track from 2002.
 
#91
Nash said:
I wouldn't even class them as Electro House, they are French Electro just not from France =)

Electro House is all the REALLY grating Ministry Of Sound style 'anthems', like that bloody Egg remix off the car ad ... ugh.

About the ONLY good Electro House track was Hands Up For Detroit.

Just get a load of the Kitsune compilations CD's for all the best of the new electronic artists. Can't go wrong with Kitsune ...
you europeans just wish you had the name of MSTRKRFT to be proud of (lol cuz you have pretty much every other dj). that aint no french house, its legit canadian wooooo.

NOT DEAD
 
#92
Miroku said:
DJ Umek is always putting mixes on his site available for free download. He was #33 or something on one of those stupid top DJ surveys. Mostly 'minimal' (not real minimal/detroit) techno/house lately. He plays lots of under the radar stuff from people you've probably never heard of.

You have to register to download his promo sets but its well worth the hassle.

www.umek.si

On top of being a good DJ he's been a producer for years and is responsible for this killer track from 2002.
Gatex is good but it's a bit overplayed by now. Umek was the fucking bomb back in the earlier part of the decade. I still rock his Nature one and Mothership sets. Still need to find Torture Chamber somewhere.

That guy Kiko is pretty interesting though.

LONG LIVE CIRCA 2k2 SWEDISH TECHNO



As for the Fidget/electro house thing the past few years, I'll miss it as about as I miss minimal techno. Thumbs up for any new genre that makes good use of disco though. The prevalent electronic music trend needs to have some goddamn funk.
 
#93
Davidion said:
LONG LIVE CIRCA 2k2 SWEDISH TECHNO

F Yeah! I've got a few crates of vinyl from guys like Adam Beyer, Henrik B, Cari Lekebush, Johan Bacto, Hertz, Hardcell & Grindvik, Umek, Patrik Skoog, Eric Sneo, etc... Bangin'! :D :D :D :D

I should make a new mix...
 
#94
Lord Error said:
Just when I was listening to the Le Mothership remix by Mustard Pimp, thinking how I really loved first two songs but not so much the rest, I find this:

http://www.discobelle.net/2008/12/30/rer-ep/

Those first two songs (RER B and RER C) plus the rest of that EP available for (legal) download here - Mustar Pimp even links to this from their MySpace, so it's clearly OK by them.

*Really* good stuff.
RER E (St Lazare Edit) was one that i didnt really like too much but i put the ep on a cd in my car and today i heard it... wow! i have a really nice sound system in my car and really pwerful subwoofers so it sounded awesome. great song to play in the club i bet.
 

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
#95
So is the band HADOUKEN! considered electronic or what?

I've finally found music that is speaking exactly my language. HADOUKEN!'s Music For an Accelerated Culture and Pendulum's In Silico are exactly what my body moves to.

I must find more of this type of music!!! MUST!!!
 

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
#96
Miroku said:
DJ Umek is always putting mixes on his site available for free download. He was #33 or something on one of those stupid top DJ surveys. Mostly 'minimal' (not real minimal/detroit) techno/house lately. He plays lots of under the radar stuff from people you've probably never heard of.

You have to register to download his promo sets but its well worth the hassle.

www.umek.si

On top of being a good DJ he's been a producer for years and is responsible for this killer track from 2002.
Gatex was the shit back in the day, Tiesto used to close most of his 2002 sets with it.

Umek's new stuff is very nice melodic tech-house. Although "Army of Two" is pretty damn commercial/electro sounding.
 
#97
Nash said:
Fidget/Wonk goes mainstream this year when Alex Metric and Fake Blood's albums come out, as well as more Mustard Pimp ...
Speaking of Mr. Metric, when you gonna encode that mix from back in the summer and put up the MP3? :D (never gonna give you up, Nash :p)
 

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
#98
RubxQub said:
So is the band HADOUKEN! considered electronic or what?

I've finally found music that is speaking exactly my language. HADOUKEN!'s Music For an Accelerated Culture and Pendulum's In Silico are exactly what my body moves to.

I must find more of this type of music!!! MUST!!!
Hadouken was lumped into the HORRIBLE Nu-Rave genre, but they are really just their own thing. TOTALLY original, and very nice lads as well!

Their new stuff is AMAZING ... ;)
 

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
#99
Skiptastic said:
Speaking of Mr. Metric, when you gonna encode that mix from back in the summer and put up the MP3? :D (never gonna give you up, Nash :p)
I've closed the bar for a couple of weeks, to clean it the FUCK up!

Things got very slack while I was in hospital, and after Christmas and NYE and stuff. So we are all going to clean it up, paint some graphics on the walls of the bar upstairs, graffiti the toilets in the club downstairs etc. :D

I'm updating the musicplayer as well, so I'll encode Metric's set at the same time.

Should able to share some new stuff from these guys soon, The Slips:

http://www.myspace.com/theslipsmusic

They are QUALITY! Producers who've worked with Massive Attack, Mirwais, Fischerspooner, Madonna, Bjork ...

They will be BIG in '09, I heard their new stuff at the weekend live @ Sin in London and the last 2 tracks were fucking DAFT PUNK quality! :D
 

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Miroku said:
Electronic music sub-genre names are just about meaningless these days.

I like this French guy Kiko lately http://www.myspace.com/hotbananakiko

Maybe its a little older but whatever :D

Also Extrawelt is really good

I'm not so much into vocals but I do for some reason like some of the older Electroclash especially Fischerspooner's first album.
Kiko is AMAZING!

SO good I named by cat after him actually =)

I personally think his allbum Midnight Magic is up there with Discovery actually. Totally different, but as good. He went a bit wayward after that, but the odd track and his newer stuff seems to be getting the old magic back ...