• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Hiya all, I am Redneckerz. Let me introduce some history first here.

• Ive lurked on GAF for years and years, so i am familiar with the history, both the good, and the bad.
  • I was an early member on ResetERA (October 25 '17, to be exact).
  • Recently (say, yesterday!) i caught a permban. Details wont be here for now, but i was already considering making the move to NewGAF anyways.
  • Regardless, i still keep ERA close to home. Because i had some amazing conversations there and met with some geniunely great people, member and staff a like. So before anyone goes, not a grumpy user to ERA as a whole. Just a part. ;)

My interests/What i did there:
  • Was part of AAU, or Adopt-A-User. Basically what happens here aswell to provide threads for Neophyte members. Me and 2 others provided this service for early birds that could not yet post. I am so glad that this still exists here, so i hope i can be a part of that service here aswell.
  • Absolutely loves technical debates. Digital Foundry is what i breathe, tech papers are what i inject inside my digital fingers (Well okay not that extreme but you get my drift)
  • Occasionally providing ears to the Mental Health thread.
  • Fan of the obscure gamings. How obscure? Well, it goes in hand with:
  • Shooter historian. My ire of games is the First person shooter and all that it encompasses. If GAF ever needed a talking encyclopedia on this.. :)
  • Official founder of the Useless Trivia movement. Dedicated to providing those nonsensical factoids and details not many will care of, but it will do great on quizzes :)
  • I am an eternal fan of John Linneman (Dark1x) from Digital Foundry. (Actually, its a damn shame he only resides on ERA, as do most other DF staff members).

What i want out of GAF:
  • Be a proactive and argumentative user. This is what i did on ERA aswell and i hope i can be of significant service in that regard here aswell.
  • I make lengthy, detailed threads and posts (When i turn as a member, that is). This goes in line with my fascination for obscure titles, shooter history, and tech interest.
  • What peeked my interest in GAF is the new moderation standards. I am well aware of OldGAF, and also well aware of Evilore, but, instead of accusation, i want to engage in dialogue and discourse, both with Mr Malka, and also with the (new) moderation staff. To all of you: Welcome and thank you for accepting me on GAF!
Warnings:
  • I can be quite a persistent user, to the point of annoyance. I know this, i am aware of this, and ill try to limit this as much as possible.
  • My bigger pet peeve: I love to multiquote. Love to. So if you see a long post with multiple quotes, that is probably me. Please understand that i am aware that this is annoying to some users, and ill try to not go overboard on it, but throughout the years this has been my posting style.
  • If i joke, am annoyingly persistent, or multiquote in lengthy manners, understand my intents are good.
Outside the Interweb:
Hailing from Dutchland, i am a small time reviewer/editor on a game site, writing articles, spellchecking them, review games/movies, studied IT, help the elderly and play keyboard. (And more, but this should be sufficient)

What GAF wants out of me (or so i hope):
My sanity, no doubt! :p

One more thing:
Anyone made it this far? Good! It means a thank you from me for sticking it so far! Thank you and hello! Lets do this.

Mochilador

• Ive lurked on GAF for years and years, so i am familiar with the history, both the good, and the bad.
  • Recently (say, yesterday!) i caught a permban. Details wont be here for now, but i was already considering making the move to NewGAF anyways.
  • Regardless, i still keep ERA close to home. Because i had some amazing conversations there and met with some geniunely great people, member and staff a like. So before anyone goes, not a grumpy user to ERA as a whole. Just a part. ;)

• Was part of AAU, or Adopt-A-User. Basically what happens here aswell to provide threads for Neophyte members. Me and 2 others provided this service for early birds that could not yet post. I am so glad that this still exists here, so i hope i can be a part of that service here aswell.
  • Absolutely loves technical debates. Digital Foundry is what i breathe, tech papers are what i inject inside my digital fingers (Well okay not that extreme but you get my drift)
  • Shooter historian. My ire of games is the First person shooter and all that it encompasses. If GAF ever needed a talking encyclopedia on this.. :)
  • Official founder of the Useless Trivia movement. Dedicated to providing those nonsensical factoids and details not many will care of, but it will do great on quizzes :)
  • I am an eternal fan of John Linneman (Dark1x) from Digital Foundry. (Actually, its a damn shame he only resides on ERA, as do most other DF staff members).

What i want out of GAF:
  • Be a proactive and argumentative user. This is what i did on ERA aswell and i hope i can be of significant service in that regard here aswell.
  • I make lengthy, detailed threads and posts (When i turn as a member, that is). This goes in line with my fascination for obscure titles, shooter history, and tech interest.
  • What peeked my interest in GAF is the new moderation standards. I am well aware of OldGAF, and also well aware of Evilore, but, instead of accusation, i want to engage in dialogue and discourse, both with Mr Malka, and also with the (new) moderation staff. To all of you: Welcome and thank you for accepting me on GAF!
Warnings:
  • I can be quite a persistent user, to the point of annoyance. I know this, i am aware of this, and ill try to limit this as much as possible.
  • My bigger pet peeve: I love to multiquote. Love to. So if you see a long post with multiple quotes, that is probably me. Please understand that i am aware that this is annoying to some users, and ill try to not go overboard on it, but throughout the years this has been my posting style.
  • If i joke, am annoyingly persistent, or multiquote in lengthy manners, understand my intents are good.
Outside the Interweb:
Hailing from Dutchland, i am a small time reviewer/editor on a game site, writing articles, spellchecking them, review games/movies, studied IT, help the elderly and play keyboard. (And more, but this should be sufficient)

One more thing:
Anyone made it this far? Good! It means a thank you from me for sticking it so far! Thank you and hello! Lets do this.
Glad to have you here. Let's make GAF a better place for everyone.

Osukaa

What i want out of GAF:
Warnings:
Outside the Interweb:

One more thing:

Wow nice (Re?)Introduction look forward to your posts and whatnot im more or a forum creeper who does an occasional comment or reply but not to much as to say i'm a really active member so its great to have active ones like you here.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Glad to have you here. Let's make GAF a better place for everyone.
Thank you. As soon as i will achieve my thread making perks, expect some quality threads to be made :)

Hi Redneckerz Redneckerz . Welcome. Bumped you up from neophyte so you don't get stuck in the post approval queue for a bit as a new registrant.

No prob, should be all set now.
Muchos gracias Lore and thanks for the gesture. Expect some stern but fair posting from this side of the planet :)

Wow nice (Re?)Introduction look forward to your posts and whatnot im more or a forum creeper who does an occasional comment or reply but not to much as to say i'm a really active member so its great to have active ones like you here.
Nope, was never a GAF member, partially due to the ISP limitations (in the NL not everyone has one of those in handy) so for one i am glad Gmail is a thing now (As it was on ERA in the grace period). I hope you will enjoy my postings as ill build up a reputation as poster here. Thank you!

level1

Hey all - I'm level1, a guy coming from Malta (tiny mediterranean country of around 500k people) who's been gaming since SNES days - Super Mario Kart being the game that got me into gaming. More of a playstation guy nowadays, but I also own an Xbox one (og), Switch and pc.

Full disclosure in that I'm currently also a member of ERA, but I'm planning on once again making GAF my main forum starting from now. Met some great people there, but unfortunately the place is quickly degenerating into an black hole even greater than GAF was pre-collapse with terrible moderation and policies that make any kind of discussion impossible.

Been keeping an eye out and it seems like GAF has not only been recovering, but also course correcting and has actually become a place that encourages and promotes healthy debate, which makes me very happy. I wasn't a super active poster before (mainly because I was very aware that discourse was pretty much a minefield and the slightest perceived misstep would get me banned, even gaming side), but I look forward to engaging in more and more interesting discussions moving forward!

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Hi I’m Schattenjäger..
Been around for quite awhile ..
Have a PS4 that I hardly use
Have a Switch that I love
And love point and click adventure games
The old regime used to think I was ultra conservative but really am moderate
Am glad that this place is getting more like the GAF that I used to love
Ultimately am looking for some laughs and good discussion .. maybe a little politics too

Amory

Hello, I'm Amory. I got my user name from the main character of F. Scott Fitzgerald's "This Side of Paradise". If I'm being honest it's not actually one of my favorite books and the character is kind of a selfish asshole, i just always liked the name. I originally joined to see what all the fuss was about when Denis Dyack went on 1up Yours and ranted about GAF for an hour.

Aaanyway, I've been here a good long time, just about 10 years. That would've made me 20 when I joined. I'm 30 now and not ashamed to say this forum and a lot of its members have meant a lot to me, influenced my thinking, challenged my preconceptions, and just generally been there for me through the ups and downs of early adulthood.

I'm glad to see the direction of GAF steered back from the brink, as it were. If we can't feel free to speak openly, what's the point of a forum?

Cheers, all.

Not sure I posted here since I joined during all the turmoil a few months back.

PS4 and Switch gamer over here. Love the souls games. Bloodborne is probably my favorite game of all time next to EverQuest.

I travel for work monthly around the states in a position I transitioned into recently with my company. I really love what I do right now, cause I get to see the US, meet new people, teach them and make them laugh, and eat lots of great food. With my free time I like to write music, hang with friends, write and direct short films, and work on a collection of short stories. I started playing D&D recently with some buddies so that's new for me!

All in all I love goofing around and making people laugh. I'm probably more laid back than I should be about a lot of things. Except for money. I'm a bit OCD with finances.

Politically, I honestly have no idea what I am. I just believe what I believe and don't like labeling it because labels just get confusing and misleading.

I've been in a relationship with the same woman for 10 years. Not married. Have one dog. Bought a house just shy of a year ago.

So yeah, hi!

Hi!

Resurrected after resting for about six years (some kind of record?). Interesting to hear about some drama going on, I missed that completely.
Joined about 10 years ago (lurked before that as well). I cannot imagine anyone remembering me since I wasn't a very active poster.

Spent some good time cringing at my old posts just now.

My username is from the "G-Man" in Half Life. Don't play much nowadays but still follow the industry. In my mid-twenties.

Adry9

Hi! I'm Adrian.

I'm a member since 2013, moved to the other place when it launched as the community was more active, but recently got banned for respectfully speaking my mind. Ah, that'll teach me. Anyway, it's nice to be back and see the forum has improved so much.

Looking forward to post more often around here.

Hola!

I am Captain Zyrain.. I've been registered since shortly before E3 2014, was a lurker for a couple years prior to that (could never get my account approved, didn't read the registration rules very well at least 6 times). I only average about 3 posts per day, but I did take a rather large break after "The October Incident".

I'm enjoying the Neo-NeoGAF so far, and really appreciate that there is more than 1 allowed opinion on things (PINEAPPLE ON PIZZA FOR LIFE).

Glad to be back!

recma12

Hey there, my name is Martin from Berlin.

Long time GAF lurker since 2013 but never had a proper email to get an account. I got on ERA at launch but just can't stand that place.

cheers

SmokyDave

Hi, I’m SmokyDave, and I like popular culture such as music, and pictures. I sometimes do things that are sporty, and sometimes things that are not sporty, but are clever. I’d like to try something that is both sporty and clever when I have some time. I like to eat food, especially if it has been cooked, and more so if it was barbecued. Sometimes I drink. Often I drink. And smoke. A lot.

I found this website URL scrawled on a corpse and as such have chosen to visit, and register an account. As requested, I have made my introduction, including information both factual and relevant about myself. As I am unknown to you people, I hope you have found it instructive and referential. Cheers.

Battersea Power Station Battersea Power Station was among the people inadvertently permed during the vb3-->xf2 migration (as per what was mentioned earlier in this thread). Battersea was serving a self-requested tempban too. Sorry for the trouble and I'll get in contact with the other users affected by that glitch as well. Welcome back!

Thanks!

While voluntarily banned, I was reading the threads and titles and gosh darn is this ever a shock. It's really hard to fathom how stark of a difference there is here. My gut instincts include: "this place is horrible and makes me feel crappy; these people act like white people have it extremely hard" and other clichés you might have already heard.

On the other hand, my requested ban was because of the old PoliGAF/POPGAF contingency. Their memetic speak and narrowness of accepted viewpoints was incredibly frustrating. There was little room for questioning paradigms. On the other hand, it's not like I'm a fan of Trump or his fascistic potential, so I can't say I see either side (old NeoGAF vs current NeoGAF) as a winner.

It's also strange to me how Evilore was mocked by GamerGate-style outlets for being a leftist and whatnot, and super into pushing feminism and LGBTQ activism. Now he seems to be accepted by alt-right-leaning posters as a moot-style figure (hey speaking of which didn't moot start working for Google? What happened with that?). I'm not generally a proponent of "both sides" arguments, but in this case it seems that the truth lies somewhere in the middle and that he's a human being with all the complexities and subtleties of human beings.

It's hard to argue that this whole NeoNeoGAF origin story is largely based in politics, and specifically with the discussion of politics on the internet. I think it's a reminder that faceless text is a terrible way to communicate. Before Trump got elected, Jim Gaffigan had an interview somewhere where he said even if you don't like Trump, you should listen to what he's saying and figure out why people like it. For example "we want to be a great country" or whatever variant of that, is something that many people would cheer for, regardless of affiliation. He caught some flak for that, I believe, and I'm sure many people labeled him as a right-wing Trump-apologist. On the other hand, the week after the election, Gaffigan gave a speech to the parents at his children's super liberal, progressive, elite school comforting them about this great tragedy. And if people knew about that, I'm sure he'd be labeled a leftist beta male and all that good stuff. Again, I'm not saying "both sides," but I am saying that none of us has a full picture of a human being.

So, I feel kind of stuck. I'm a philosophy enthusiast. I ask a lot of what-ifs. And it has gotten me in trouble with PoliGAF/POPGAF because there are many what-ifs they consider racist or sexist. On the other hand, if you study philosophy and history, you'll see the parallels between some of the sentiments on this forum and some darker times in humanity's past.

The one wildcard is that we don't know anyone's age. When it's a 35-year-old lamenting the plight of men, or saying something like "if black people stop focusing on racism, it'll go away," I want to engage with them in a hypothetical discussion and see if we can come to the root of our disagreement. If it's a 14-year-old, my approach would be completely different -- I probably wouldn't even mention our disagreement because it'd shut down any chance for a connection. I'd be much more round-about and comforting. The brain doesn't work the same during all of a person's youth. Some processes are more readily accessible at specific ages, and I think our approach to debate should depend on the parties' ages.

Anyway, I like learning about philosophy... on the surface I'm a believer in structuralism, that we only have a small subset of freedom available to us based on the structures that inform our environment. I like Hagel's dialectic, and it probably helps in analyzing this moment in American history. I have young children, and I notice how the structures around us can really affect their understanding of the world. I'm tempted to take up Mercuse's challenge of The Great Refusal. I think it applies on any scale in society, but you can notice it most immediately in the specific things, like the Disney stronghold on entertainment. Think about how Marvel, Disney, Pixar, Lucasfilms are going to shape young minds and create and reinforce values they will hold with them for the rest of their lives. I am very careful with what my kids experience and I think we all should be.

K, this is the part where it gets ramble-y, so bye for now and see y'all around.

Edit: Oh, right. This forum is about video games, right? Haven't played a game in ages, and don't have any console. I'm a savant in Mario Tennis, so I'm tempted to get a Switch + Mario Tennis Aces so I can play others online, but probably won't convince myself to shell out the cash. Previous favorites are F-Zero GX, Viewtiful Joe, Panel de Pon (aka Puzzle League aka Tetris Attack), Rhythm Tengoku.

Last edited:

SmokyDave

Hey Smoky I remember you from the Internet. Hope you're all well chap.
Hey Jed!

I have been on the internet before, so yeah, you probably saw me there. Hope all is well with you and yours, I’m guessing the rest of the miscreants went to my idea of hell. Say hi to ‘em for me though :)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Hey Jed!

I have been on the internet before, so yeah, you probably saw me there. Hope all is well with you and yours, I’m guessing the rest of the miscreants went to my idea of hell. Say hi to ‘em for me though :)

If by hell you mean whatsapp then yes, we're all still in there bickering. Most of them got booted off era this week in the footie purges. Apparently its "coming home" whatever that means.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
what the hell were the footie purges?

Basically lots of folks getting banned for football bants. If you say "Columbia are a bunch of cheating bastards", they're taking that to mean you're talking about the country and not the team. Seems a bit heavy handed to me.

Dunki

Basically lots of folks getting banned for football bants. If you say "Columbia are a bunch of cheating bastards", they're taking that to mean you're talking about the country and not the team. Seems a bit heavy handed to me.
But they were.....

And yeah this should only go for the team of course.

Mochilador

What the hell. They were obviously talking about the teams and not the whole country.

Montblanc

Hello everyone!

I just found this thread and I suppose it's perfect for those like me who have just joined. Though never a member, I've lurked for quite some time as the forum's discussions always interested me. I'm primarily a JRPG fan though I like other game genres too of course. My favorite franchises are Final Fantasy and Pokemon, and as of recently Dragon Quest. I'm still getting used to the posting rules and the forum's rules in general, but I look forward to discussing those and other games with you all in the foreseeable future.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Hello everyone!

I just found this thread and I suppose it's perfect for those like me who have just joined. Though never a member, I've lurked for quite some time as the forum's discussions always interested me. I'm primarily a JRPG fan though I like other game genres too of course. My favorite franchises are Final Fantasy and Pokemon, and as of recently Dragon Quest. I'm still getting used to the posting rules and the forum's rules in general, but I look forward to discussing those and other games with you all in the foreseeable future.

Welcome to ze NeoGAF. Bumped up your user status so you're not in the post moderation queue when you post from now on (it's mostly to protect against spammers etc.). We'll have some better clarity on rules and whatnot again soon, but I've been reevaluating everything from scratch and cleaning up some problems so it's been better to play it by ear for a while, if that makes sense. There's a design update forthcoming that will make things a bit more straightforward to parse and navigate.

It's mostly common sense, though. Keep it civil between other users and we're all here for thoughtful comments from each other. We don't have any rogue mods or agenda-driven people anymore so you don't have to tiptoe much or learn many unspoken rules I hope! Happy gaffing. :goog_geek:

Hey there. Was here back in the day. I did quietly migrate to the other place but frankly, that forum feelings like it is loaded with hollow topics and some of the members give me shills vibes. Wasn't banned or anything. I logged on one day and realized every topic had a hot take out of the gate, the topics themselves were just reactionary and/or shallow, and certain members were too obviously corporate cheerleaders that are allowed to go unchecked by the moderation over there.

So far, good ole neogaf looks better in terms of topics and the ensuing member discussion.

I am back.

Edit: The achievements are a nifty addition.

Last edited:

KungKrut

Neo Member
Hello everyone!
Just some dude from Sweden here who loves video games and has been going at it since the NES era.
I´ve known about this site for years and lurked occasionally but didn´t sign up until now. Was a member of a swedish game forum for years but that site got shut down recently so I figured, let´s try out that GAF site!

I´m an alleater and play a little bit of everything but Nintendo has a special place in my heart and most of my favourite games are from Nintendo, such as Star Fox, Mario, Zelda and Smash series, just to name a few.
Looking forward to discuss with you all!
Thanks!

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Hello friends. My name is Arkos. I like video games, among other things. I feel I owe somewhat of an apology. Feel free to delete if inappropriate (but please don’t perm me for god’s sake!).

I left during the schism. I didn’t agree with how it went down, and at first vowed to stay here, but I found too many of the people I enjoyed reading had migrated.

I finally got permed recently for stuff that would have never brought that here (and I know a thing or two about being banned here), even right at the end and before. I am a die hard liberal and progressive, but it’s starting to feel like they’re just quashing discussion.

OT there is an echo chamber in a bad way. I always appreciated that GAF had a liberal bias - but I also appreciated that conversations and arguments were allowed to take place. There, merely stating something that doesn’t conform the prevailing sentiment can get you banned. I thought that you were allowed to be wrong and stupid - and that you would be corrected by being shouted down and people not liking you. Maybe you’d learn. Maybe you’d stay around and have bad opinions and just nobody would listen to you, whatever. But it was only when you got hostile, or said something actually directly or intentionally offensive, or persisted in either ignoring warnings or obviously just trying to push your agenda rather than engage in conversation, that you would get in trouble.

I truly worry that place is going to suffer from its over-moderation (and of course take that with a grain of salt, I am permed and don’t care to share details - if you really want to challenge me on that please feel free to PM me). I don’t know how long a circle jerk can last.

There’s plenty of good there, and I hate to leave. But I could easily create an alt if I really wanted to (we all know it’s not rocket science). But this has pushed me over the edge on a problem I’ve been noticing for a while there with bans in general. So I’ll vote with my page views.

That being said, when I’ve visited here in the intervening months, I have not been impressed. More ads. Continuing invasive ads. Higher frequency of opinions that I find heinous being given voice and audience.

But I have tried to read more threads. I do see people defending what I feel is right, even though I’m still uncomfortable with the new tone. But I see there is still the conversation that I missed.

And that’s the thing that I want at the end of the day. I don’t want to be blocked off from people I vehemently disagree with. I want to talk to them, as long as we can keep it civil. Maybe I learn from them, maybe they learn from me. I certainly don’t want to live in a bubble where even the most minor deviations from doctrine are punished (although I also don’t want to participate in a right-leaning discussion, so I’ll be keeping my eye on that).

Either way, I’m back. I’ll be here for a while checking the place out. I’m sorry I wrote you all off, there are obviously plenty of quality people still here. As I said before I never agreed with how the schism went down.

So can I restart Parody Thread Urges now?

Last edited:

CallMehChip

Neo Member
Hello everyone! I'm Chip! I like a wide variety of video games. Anywhere from 16bit rpgs to modern shooters and everything in the middle.I used to be really into forums years ago, but fell out. I've been missing em quite the bit, so here I am xD

balgajo

Hi everyone! I'm a neogaf member since 2013 and a lurker since early 200X. I'm 30 old currently working as a software enginner in Brazil.
I'm a big Zelda fan and I'm also into programming(mainly c++), linux and amateur game development.

I was more active on resetera these days but recently I requested them a self ban after some moderator closed a Last Night technical thread instead banning people that was derailing it. After witnessing successively how biased were mods decisions that was the last straw for me. The place is commiting the same error that led Neogaf to the event last year.

Eteric Rice

Hello! I was a member here a long time ago, but my account got compromised and banned. Luckily it's been restored and I'm back. :)

LiskoSlayer63

Neo Member
Hi everyone!

I'm LiskoSlayer63 and I heard about this forum from a friend, a long time ago. Nowadays I don't even know where's that friend of mine is, he just disappeared. Hope he's alright.

I'm 23 years old and I live in Finland. I started playing games when I got my first PC, I think I was on 2nd or 3rd grade. That Pentium II was a beast, it ran Doom without any problems. My first game was either Doom or Midtown madness, can't remember which one. I also do a little bit of programming as a hobby (mainly C# but also PHP, JS, Java..) and have a own public server on my living room (yeah, the UPS system is pretty loud). I don't play games so often anymore, but whenever I'm not programming and I have time, then why not. My favorite games are Minecraft, World of Warcraft, Watch Dogs and almost all stealth games like Thief.

I'm totally noob for this forum, so feel free to guide me!

Beardz

I've been "here" for like 10 years, when the whole exodus fiasco happened I joined the other forum (I always thought was a bullshit reason to leave but this place was a ghost town).

Long story short, the other place became a caricature of being politically correct and what's I came back.
GAF was the place that showed me different ways of thinking, minority problems, etc. It helped me became a "better person". Funny thing is, the other forum (being all politically correct) started pushing me to a less tolerant state of mind.

Everything became "us vs them" if you don't agree with us you are a bigot and all your opinions are worthless. I got tired of all that bullshit, wrote something similar to this and got banned, lol.

I don't want to hear just one side of the story, I'm tired of the outrage culture, I'm tired of everything or nothing.

So yeah, hi!

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I've been "here" for like 10 years, when the whole exodus fiasco happened I joined the other forum (I always thought was a bullshit reason to leave but this place was a ghost town).

Long story short, the other place became a caricature of being politically correct and what's I came back.
GAF was the place that showed me different ways of thinking, minority problems, etc. It helped me became a "better person". Funny thing is, the other forum (being all politically correct) started pushing me to a less tolerant state of mind.

Everything became "us vs them" if you don't agree with us you are a bigot and all your opinions are worthless. I got tired of all that bullshit, wrote something similar to this and got banned, lol.

I don't want to hear just one side of the story, I'm tired of the outrage culture, I'm tired of everything or nothing.

So yeah, hi!

Predatorbroshake.gif

This is exactly how I feel, on every single point. It’s reassuring to know that I’m not alone in this opinion. I sincerely hope they don’t continue too far down that path. I can’t overstate what an overcorrection it feels like. Or how much my perspective has shifted / been refreshed since I was forced to actually start reading GAF again (after being banned from ERA). When I was at ERA I popped in on GAF like once a month and judged solely by topic titles and skimming, and also looking for what I wanted to see / expected, which was for GAF to be overtaken by GG and alt-right and etc. There’s more of that in spots, but I also see that the GAF I know is still here too.

Maybe my biggest takeaway is this - I use(d) GAF/ERA as a news aggregator. If you’re going to do that, you don’t want to pick an aggregator that’s an echo chamber, because you won’t learn anything. Maybe it’s nice to go there and practice with the choir once in a while, but if you’re interested in consistently being exposed to new information and perspectives (both good and bad), then eventually the echo of the choir will fade out and it will get pretty quiet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

So yeah, hi!

Same here. Even being pretty far left myself, that place just became far too bitter and negative and the outrage culture is just running amuck over there.

I’ll mostly stay on the gaming side. I’m done with online news/political discussion, so if I’m over here it will be things like movie threads and random topics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyn3t

Banned
Welcome all, I'm here for some time, but always seem to miss this thread. Well, let me introduce myself. 31 years old guy form Poland who plays video games since his 6th birthday. Currently owning Xbox One X and PS4 Pro. Benn a lurker for years, but suddenly gamail was an option to register and so I did. Apart of gaming I enjoy good food, good sleep, good fuc... erm, I mean company and sending far too many PMs to EviLore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom