• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

AuraFeliz

Neo Member
Hey there I'm pretty much completely new. Never signed up for an account because for the longest time I think stuff like yahoo or gmail wasn't accepted for accounts on here? Just kind of lurked on and off for a couple years and kept in the shadows.

I was well aware of the drama about some of the former mods here too but they all seem to be at that other website now banning a bunch of the people who apparently end up coming here. It seems pretty relaxed and chill here overall. I don't like constant anger.

I do like Pokemon, Overwatch, RPGs, Platformers (esp. Sonic and Crash Bandicoot. Mario's fun too though), sports games, wrestling, fun/interesting stuff from the indie games scene, Let's Plays, and Speedruns.

bender

What time is it?
I am Bender, please insert girder.

Seriously though, I'm dipping my toes foot cups back into the GAF water. Just wanted to say "hello". So, hello!

Alfadawg

Banned
I'm alfadawg.

I'm looking to make gaf great again through quality thread posts. I'm going to aim to make 1 a day!

Humdinger

Hi, I got banned from Resetera because I voiced a politically incorrect opinion. I'm a former GAF member, so I thought I'd check out how things were going now. I don't want to support a place that polices opinion.

Last edited:

YayNJ

Banned
Hello! :geek:

I'm new here! Well, I'm not, I've been lurking for years and years. Well aware of the drama, and not interested in it one bit - looking forward to just talking about games. (y)

Currently gaming on XB1X, PS4, Switch and PC.

Dr.Fuzzy

Neo Member
Hi all.
I'm a newb. My husband is a long time gaf member and I kind of read over his shoulder for a long time. Been gaming forever and kept out of boards because of all the political craziness but I hear it's pretty chilled out here these days. So. Hi.

Protobear

Neo Member
Hi, signed up a while ago and then forgot about it because it took a few months to be accepted. I work in the industry but spend most of my gaming time with both World of Warcraft and Guild Wars 2. Recently started getting back into Destiny 2 and Rocket League with some friends as well.

I'm from Belgium if that holds any relevance here.

/wave

Tenka Musou

Banned
Long, long time lurker (2005), but I could never join because I didn't have a proper e-mail. I was surprised when I learned that you can now register with a gmail!

Hello everybody!

lock2k

Banned
Hi, my name is Lucas. I'm 35, from Brazil. I'm a huge gamer and collector and I'm a longtime lurker here. I always tried to register but it always failed, somehow (I did have a private account but that's beside the point).

I used to post a lot on Kotaku as lucasreis. But then, they changed the system a lot and I got tired of posting there (the huge focus on things other than gaming turned me off of there as well). Than, I had my daughter in 2014 and I got away from gaming a little (no time left to play, for the most part), I'm slowly coming back. I'm a content editor at an automotive company nowadays but I worked with Brazilian-Portuguese localization for many big players in the gaming industry and I also had my own gaming store for three years.

I love GAF and I'm happy to be a part of it.

saltygrunt

Neo Member
howdy,

been a longtime lurker of the pc screenshot threads. i feel they should be catalogued for preservation, tons of great stuff in there.

made an account to finally start contributing there.

Nullabe

Almost 3 years later, I never said hello. So... hello folks !

I'm 27, old school pc fps player (I swear that I'm able to play other games too, for exemple those days I have a blast playing Civ5)

I also produce some electronic noise music.

Glad to be here.

Cyndane

Neo Member
Hello. My name is Cyndane or Autumn if you wish. I come over from Smashboards where I am an Admin in charge of Human Resources. Always just lurked here, figured I'd join and make it official. Good to meet all of you.

Thurible

Hello,
I am 22 years old and I am indeed a Roman Catholic who likes videogames as my username suggests. I have been going to this site and reading some of the threads for a couple years (Is that "lurking"?) before I actually joined recently. I like Nintendo games and occassionally play some Steam. My favorite videogame series has the be Zelda (my favorites being Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Skyward Sword), but I have been getting into the Elder Scrolls as of late. It is nice meeting you all!

Cyndane

Neo Member
Hello,
I am 22 years old and I am indeed a Roman Catholic who likes videogames as my username suggests. I have been going to this site and reading some of the threads for a couple years (Is that "lurking"?) before I actually joined recently. I like Nintendo games and occassionally play some Steam. My favorite videogame series has the be Zelda (my favorites being Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Skyward Sword), but I have been getting into the Elder Scrolls as of late. It is nice meeting you all!
Great to meet you as well. Like many others I am also a Zelda fan. Funnily enough, Majora is one of the few Zelda's I have never played. So I guess that doesn't really make me a fan? Idk.

T-N-Z

Neo Member
Hi there, I have been lurking here for a long time, but yesterday I have finally decided to make an account here, we'll see where it goes. :pie_raybans:

Thurible

Great to meet you as well. Like many others I am also a Zelda fan. Funnily enough, Majora is one of the few Zelda's I have never played. So I guess that doesn't really make me a fan? Idk.

Oh you should definitely play it when you get the chance, but you should be well aware that there is a three day cycle. A couple of my friends hate the game because they couldn't wrap themselves around the time limit, but there is a way to slow the timer down by playing the song of time backwards. Honestly, it is one of my favorite games because of how awesome the sidequests are (the anju and kafei one is pretty darn special), the fact you can transform into different races, the story is dark and imaginative, even the time limit makes things interesting by having to manage your time. Overall I think it is a fantastic experience!

Hi. New to the forum, heard about it before. I like video games and don't take things too seriously. Hope have some fun conversations and discussions with everyone here.

zeioIIDX

Hi! I've been a member on here since 2011 but never introduced myself. Recently realized the grass isn't always greener on the other side so I'm back on GAF! It's just ridiculous how quietly you have to walk on eggshells on other message boards. Mostly here for the video game news/rumors and hilarious off-topic threads (creepy models, $30 Italian meal, haunted house attraction surprise photos, etc).

Last edited:

Viktorija Levi

Neo Member
Well, hello there, thanks for the tips and usefull links!

Im an iKid and Cyberpunk girl, love the Apple products, pc gamer, crypto diva, post-apocalyptic photography and art fan, currently on stand-by mode for Cyberpunk and Metro: Exodus.

Michele

you.
Can a mod ban me? Had no idea what went down last year with this forum. Peace.

I know it's offtopic, but before you ask a moderator to ban you, please comtemplate your decision. Try browsing more, and see if it suits you. If you don't like it, you can just log out. You do realize that if you do ask for a ban, you might never be able to come back here, right?

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Hi, just saying hello. Refugee from RockPaperShotgun. Lots of smart people there but it's very hard to have a non-standard set of views over there. Being a left-wing leave voter who thinks that while the alt-right are shite the SJWs aren't much better puts me at odds with the standard narrative. I note that discussion here seems civil, and disagreement is allowed, so I figure this is a good place to come and chat shit about games and occasionally dip into politics.

subtropisch

Neo Member
Hi, my account just got approved.

I actually came from resetera I was never that much into forums, but I wanted to give them a chance (didn't even know what it was at first).

I eventually left because the discussions about video games were just too hysterical for me. Also it's a gigantic fucking echo chamber where you literally get banned for having wrong opinions.

So I'll have to see if I like it here.

LittleMermaid

Neo Member
Hey there!
I'm very new to forums, though I feel like I have missed something in my life, so now it's about time to catch up. However I feel like an old lady trying to figure out how it all works.
I'm not a big gamer, though I enjoy fps and old poor graphic games. In any case nice to try and explore something new!

Hi! I'm actually just reintroducing myself here. Took me a while to finally get around to posting here since I've changed my avatar and user name for a fresh start.

It's been a long, long time, GAF...

There are some things that I'd rather leave behind now, and I'm a happier person for that. I think I like this place, honestly, even after all these years.

Although I probably will stay a lurker... I don't really post much in forums either way. Chat programs are just too convenient these days.

Hammer-X23

Neo Member
Hi my name is Hammer
I'm a Disney engineer
I make card games too

Wait, was a haiku not part of the introductory format? o.0
Well really I'm a returning member, my former name about 10 years ago was 'Hammer' but was unable to recover my account due to email issues. Mostly a lurker, I still poke my nose into things from time to time. Glad to be back! (I left in good standing don't Hammer me.... see what I did there?)

Hi my name is Hammer
I'm a Disney engineer
I make card games too

Wait, was a haiku not part of the introductory format? o.0
Well really I'm a returning member, my former name about 10 years ago was 'Hammer' but was unable to recover my account due to email issues. Mostly a lurker, I still poke my nose into things from time to time. Glad to be back! (I left in good standing don't Hammer me.... see what I did there?)
Maybe EviLore EviLore could help if you wanted it back

Top Bottom