• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Anesidora

Neo Member
Hi everyone.

My name is Ashley, I'm 27 years old, and survival horror games are my favorite. The first game I ever played was Resident Evil: Director's Cut when I was seven years old. I've been into gaming ever since.
Random things about me:
Unlike most people, I think rats are adorable and I currently have five of them - three males, two females.
My favorite bands are Breaking Benjamin, Within Temptation, and The Birthday Massacre

CyberPanda

Banned
Hi everyone.

My name is Ashley, I'm 27 years old, and survival horror games are my favorite. The first game I ever played was Resident Evil: Director's Cut when I was seven years old. I've been into gaming ever since.
Random things about me:
Unlike most people, I think rats are adorable and I currently have five of them - three males, two females.
My favorite bands are Breaking Benjamin, Within Temptation, and The Birthday Massacre
Welcome Ashley and I hope you enjoy your stay at Neogaf.

Mista

Banned
Hi everyone.

Random things about me:
Welcome aboard! Thank you for joining us:)

Elcid

Banned
Hi, ElCid here. Long time member, banned twice before but since exonerated (thanks Evil!).
Anyone remember me?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Hi, ElCid here. Long time member, banned twice before but since exonerated (thanks Evil!).
Anyone remember me?
Your name looks familiar.

Kenji Ramon

Hello, returning member here after getting tired of other forums cliques and agendas from certain fandoms. This place always felt neutral (to me) and so it’s good to be back.

At the moment I’m playing Resident Evil 7 (fantastic game), SFV and looking forward to get Days Gone soon. Big on fighting games so you’ll see me in those threads mostly.

:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Last edited:

Gullinkambi

Neo Member
Hello everyone :D

I'm a 25 years old German Gamer and I'm mostly here because I hope to find some people to play with and to fight my social axiety in the process and also to become good in speaking english as well, since i just really love the language and want to improve myself to the point where i can just casually talk with other people wihtout shitting my pants :lollipop_downcast_sweat:
I never spoke english or texted with someone, so please have some mercy on me ^^

I like to play all kind of games, mostly RPG's or Story Driven games, but also challenging games like Dark Souls and Sekiro.
At the moment I'm playing a lot of The Binding of Isaac and started Yakuza 0 just yesterday.

I will try my best to fit in :D

Mista

Banned
Hello, returning member here after getting tired of other forums cliques and agendas from certain fandoms. This place always felt neutral (to me) and so it’s good to be back.

At the moment I’m playing Resident Evil 7 (fantastic game), SFV and looking forward to get Days Gone soon. Big on fighting games so you’ll see me in those threads mostly.

:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:
Welcome back. Thank you for rejoining us :)
Hello everyone :D

I'm a 25 years old German Gamer and I'm mostly here because I hope to find some people to play with and to fight my social axiety in the process and also to become good in speaking english as well, since i just really love the language and want to improve myself to the point where i can just casually talk with other people wihtout shitting my pants :lollipop_downcast_sweat:
I never spoke english or texted with someone, so please have some mercy on me ^^

I like to play all kind of games, mostly RPG's or Story Driven games, but also challenging games like Dark Souls and Sekiro.
At the moment I'm playing a lot of The Binding of Isaac and started Yakuza 0 just yesterday.

I will try my best to fit in :D
Welcome aboard mate! Thank you for joining us

There’re plenty of good people here and they’re nice. Hope you have a great time with us :)

Mista

Banned
Hello all!

I am a 22 year old who has been gaming for as long as I remember. Nowadays I mainly prefer shooters, RPGs, and action-type games. Contrary to my username, Lloyd is in fact not my first name but rather my last. I hope to be around for a while :D
Hello there! Welcome aboard and thank you for joining us :)

and The Birthday Massacre

Danny from Game Grumps is a big fan of them. I really should check them out. From what little I've heard, they remind me of Metric, The Naked and Famous, and some other bands I like.

Well, that was a good start. When you're ready to try talking with someone and playing a game with them, I had an idea a while back that might work well for you. I'll just post it again it below:

I actually had an idea about this that I never tried, but I think it might work. If you just randomly exchange gaming info over a message board or discord, it's pretty unpredictable who you're going to be adding to your friends list. Maybe you'll share a similar sense of humor or some other interests, or maybe aside from games you won't have much in common. Maybe they're the kind of player who shit talks and teabags, and maybe you're not.

My idea is to go on twitch and find a streamer who is just getting started, or only streams now and then for the fun of it. No one even slightly successful. Find someone who uses a mic, is playing a game that you have, and isn't playing in a full party. Then join their twitch chat, watch them play, and get to know them for a while. See how they interact with their chat, with their friends, and with players on the opposing team. Then if they seem like someone you would get along with, ask if they wouldn't mind you joining them for a bit.

This would probably work best in team-based games when the streamer is playing alone, or when just one or two of their friends are playing, and when they only have a small number of people in their twitch chat. Most players would rather have someone they can communicate with on their team instead of random people, and the streamer will just be happy someone's taking an interest.

A friend of mine started streaming a year or two ago, and when you're new and trying to build an audience, anyone wanting to chat or join you in a game is good news. If you were a newer twitch streamer playing Battlefield with your friend online in a five man squad, would you rather the other three players be randoms not using a mic, or three of the seven people currently in your twitch chat?

Anyhow, to both of you and everyone else, welcome to the forum.

Halcyon

Hi all. I used to post here on a semi-regular basis. I think I've been a member for 10 years or so. I had to jump ship after I found I couldn't relate or talk to anybody here as the election was coming to a conclusion.

I'm not much of a gamer anymore but I still have a soft spot for neogaf(of old) so I'd like to come back and test the waters a bit again because I always felt like message boards were better discussion over Reddit.

So hi.

CyberPanda

Banned
Hi all. I used to post here on a semi-regular basis. I think I've been a member for 10 years or so. I had to jump ship after I found I couldn't relate or talk to anybody here as the election was coming to a conclusion.

I'm not much of a gamer anymore but I still have a soft spot for neogaf(of old) so I'd like to come back and test the waters a bit again because I always felt like message boards were better discussion over Reddit.

So hi.
Welcome. :)

Melon

Banned

So hi.

Welcome back! We've certainly not met, as I only joined a year ago, but it's nice to meet you regardless! GAF is getting better and better as time goes on; so you've returned at a good time! I look forward to seeing you around! :messenger_heart:

Mista

Banned

So hi.
Welcome back mate. You have returned in a great time. GAF getting stronger and better day by day. Hope you stick around this time :)

So hi.
Welcome back

Good evening everyone.

I'm sort of new here, but I have a bit of a more urgent problem that needs to be addressed. I had seen while lurking that the admins can unban wrongfully banned accounts from the split-up and combine them together which I would like to do, but from what I can tell, you guys have already given my old account to someone else.

Almost all of the posts I can remember have been replaced by a "hunert smoke" which doesn't make anysense, because searching the forums he has a DIFFERENT older account that is still left alone. So for the recent Hunert Smoke account, which is banned, you seemed to have fused my account into his.

Now I know this may seem hard to believe but I have proof, my old account was "The Suave Gex" and here's a link to Google search results searching for that username on Neogaf.com

As you can see Google keeps a record of the site before the changes were made. The first result that comes up on Google has this description: Mar 12, 2017 - The Suave Gex said: I remember Crpg meaning Computer Rpgs, and those included games like Elder Scrolls Arena. Unless you are talking ...

You can also see other threads, such as the VF3 thread, that have my old username, and when you click on the results and search for those posts, they are all by "Microsoft Hunert Smoke" and not the Suave Gex like Google archived. Looking through the older part of new Smokes posting history it shows he really does have all my old posts.

The only explanation I can think of is that you guys fused my account into his, by accident or for some other reason. I'm not sure if it's still possible to get that account back but I wanted to point this out since this greatly impacts my ability to get my old account back and melded into this new one.

Good evening everyone.

I'm sort of new here, but I have a bit of a more urgent problem that needs to be addressed. I had seen while lurking that the admins can unban wrongfully banned accounts from the split-up and combine them together which I would like to do, but from what I can tell, you guys have already given my old account to someone else.

Almost all of the posts I can remember have been replaced by a "hunert smoke" which doesn't make anysense, because searching the forums he has a DIFFERENT older account that is still left alone. So for the recent Hunert Smoke account, which is banned, you seemed to have fused my account into his.

Now I know this may seem hard to believe but I have proof, my old account was "The Suave Gex" and here's a link to Google search results searching for that username on Neogaf.com

As you can see Google keeps a record of the site before the changes were made. The first result that comes up on Google has this description: Mar 12, 2017 - The Suave Gex said: I remember Crpg meaning Computer Rpgs, and those included games like Elder Scrolls Arena. Unless you are talking ...

You can also see other threads, such as the VF3 thread, that have my old username, and when you click on the results and search for those posts, they are all by "Microsoft Hunert Smoke" and not the Suave Gex like Google archived. Looking through the older part of new Smokes posting history it shows he really does have all my old posts.

The only explanation I can think of is that you guys fused my account into his, by accident or for some other reason. I'm not sure if it's still possible to get that account back but I wanted to point this out since this greatly impacts my ability to get my old account back and melded into this new one.

You might want to post in this thread instead: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/neogaf-ban-review-justice-project-off-topic-edition.1463407/page-20

Welcome back.

Mista

Banned
Good evening everyone.

Welcome back. Please visit the thread that was given to you by LegendOfKage LegendOfKage .. The admins will help there

biglloyd37

Neo Member
Thank you my man! I see you’re a man of culture as well. Even though I’m a Laker but got BIG RESPECT for the Blazers! Lillard my boi!
Thank you! I honestly never was a big NBA fan growing up, I always watched college hoops and even that was mostly relegated to March Madness. My nephew has been into pro ball for a while though and it eventually rubbed off on me haha. Big ups to the Lakers though! I predict they'll be able to get much more accomplished next season!

Mista

Banned
Thank you! I honestly never was a big NBA fan growing up, I always watched college hoops and even that was mostly relegated to March Madness. My nephew has been into pro ball for a while though and it eventually rubbed off on me haha. Big ups to the Lakers though! I predict they'll be able to get much more accomplished next season!
Basketball is my life man! Lakers are going downhill year after year. Magic Johnson destroyed us. Hopefully next season we’ll have a squad that actually fits the Lakers name

biglloyd37

Neo Member
Basketball is my life man! Lakers are going downhill year after year. Magic Johnson destroyed us. Hopefully next season we’ll have a squad that actually fits the Lakers name
Yeah, if y'all end up with Kawhi Leonard and/or Kemba Walker and make some coaching adjustments, I feel that would help the situation out a lot next season. Imo that could potentially make for one of the best teams in the west

Thabass

HI all.

I'm actually kind of an older member, but I usually lurked (I do that when joining new communities), but after what happened a while back I left the forum and joined ResetEra. I hadn't been on NeoGAF in a while and noticed how different this place had changed. It's not the extremely liberal place I had remembered it to be and seems like now that rational thinking has returned.

Anyway enough of the political mumbo-jumbo. Everyone calls me Bass! I'm a Senior Moderator at IGN and run a community on Facebook called Brotatoes! We even have a Podcast now! :)

I'm a big fan of Japanese RPGs and open world games. My favorite game of all-time is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. My favorite series in Final Fantasy & Metal Gear Solid (RIP).

Anyway, nice to meet you all formally.

HI all.

I'm actually kind of an older member, but I usually lurked (I do that when joining new communities), but after what happened a while back I left the forum and joined ResetEra. I hadn't been on NeoGAF in a while and noticed how different this place had changed. It's not the extremely liberal place I had remembered it to be and seems like now that rational thinking has returned.

Anyway enough of the political mumbo-jumbo. Everyone calls me Bass! I'm a Senior Moderator at IGN and run a community on Facebook called Brotatoes! We even have a Podcast now! :)

I'm a big fan of Japanese RPGs and open world games. My favorite game of all-time is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. My favorite series in Final Fantasy & Metal Gear Solid (RIP).

Hello Thabass Thabass

Glad to see you back. I’ll be sure to give your podcast a listen.

Mista

Banned
HI all.

Welcome back Bass. Your favourite series alone will make us super good friends. I’ll give your podcast a listen and hopefully we’ll get you an IGN tag :)

Thabass

Welcome back Bass. Your favourite series alone will make us super good friends. I’ll give your podcast a listen and hopefully we’ll get you an IGN tag :)

Ha cool! FF / MGS are super special to me. I guess Zelda is in there too haha.

IGN tag? Sounds neat.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Awesome! The name of it is called: "The Brotatoes Broadcast" and can found on iTunes, Spotify, and Google Podcasts! Thanks for listening! :)

Does your podcast delve into any political stuff or is it strictly folks talking about their passion for games? If it is the latter, I will definitely give it a listen!

Top Bottom