• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Mass Shift

Mass Shift reporting in.

Been a longtime gamer and love gaming discussions. Especially around E3 and the dawn of new hardware generations, whether that be for PC or consoles. Have always found the GAF gaming forums informative, most discussions I've engaged in around the blogosphere usually lead back here.

My old job (no spare time) kept me away from gaming for nearly 4 years now and I feel like I'm being introduced to it all over again. Thanks for the approval and I hope to be a positive addition to the community.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Mass Shift reporting in.

Been a longtime gamer and love gaming discussions. Especially around E3 and the dawn of new hardware generations, whether that be for PC or consoles. Have always found the GAF gaming forums informative, most discussions I've engaged in around the blogosphere usually lead back here.

My old job (no spare time) kept me away from gaming for nearly 4 years now and I feel like I'm being introduced to it all over again. Thanks for the approval and I hope to be a positive addition to the community.

Hey Mass Shift, welcome aboard. Any games you're hyped for this E3?

Mista

Banned
Hi. I'm not exactly new. I was more or less just a lurker before.

I just want to discuss games and the excitement they bring us without every thread turning into a controversy.

Cheers!
Hi, New BLOOOOOOOOD !
Mass Shift reporting in.

More new people?! FUCK YEAH!

Welcome aboard lads and thank you for joining us :D

Poordevil

Duffy here

I live in Seattle, been self employed washing residential windows since 1992, still working! Been gaming for almost as long.

My first video game was Turok on N64. Played it on my nephew's console, was so taken with it I went out and bought the console and the game for myself!
Been gaming ever since. Drifted over to PC and played there for years. My first online gaming experience was Unreal Tournament.
Recently I have been playing almost exclusively on console. My son has commandeered the PC, but that is fine. I really enjoy console gaming over being hunched over a keyboard, sitting in a computer chair.
In general I prefer Japanese developed games over those built in the west. Just my taste. I loved Nioh. I enjoyed Dragons Dogma more than Skyrim. Loved the Souls games but found Witcher 3 rather so so.. Monster Hunter World is another recent favorite.
I do not have any daily life friends that game, so when I want to talk about a game, or gaming, I come to the internet. Was surprise to find NeoGaf has an opening. Applied years ago but was turned down. I think you had to be in the gaming industry to qualify. Best wishes to all!

Mista

Banned
Duffy here

I live in Seattle, been self employed washing residential windows since 1992, still working! Been gaming for almost as long.

My first video game was Turok on N64. Played it on my nephew's console, was so taken with it I went out and bought the console and the game for myself!
Been gaming ever since. Drifted over to PC and played there for years. My first online gaming experience was Unreal Tournament.
Recently I have been playing almost exclusively on console. My son has commandeered the PC, but that is fine. I really enjoy console gaming over being hunched over a keyboard, sitting in a computer chair.
In general I prefer Japanese developed games over those built in the west. Just my taste. I loved Nioh. I enjoyed Dragons Dogma more than Skyrim. Loved the Souls games but found Witcher 3 rather so so.. Monster Hunter World is another recent favorite.
I do not have any daily life friends that game, so when I want to talk about a game, or gaming, I come to the internet. Was surprise to find NeoGaf has an opening. Applied years ago but was turned down. I think you had to be in the gaming industry to qualify. Best wishes to all!
Hello NeoGAF community.

Figured I would finally join up. Lurking for years. Migrated from IGNs boards back in the day. Love gaming, tv shows, movies, books, powerlifting. It is a really wonderful time to be alive with these hobbies.

As Dr. Nick always says, "Hi everybody!"
Welcome aboard and thank you for joining us :D
Hey all

little bit about me :messenger_beaming: Hobbyist computer programmer, XB1X/Switch Gamer, love computer history, gadgets and the Internet.
Oh hold on, I see you got the chief in your avatar. You're a man of culture mate
Welcome aboard and thank you for joining us :D

Mass Shift

I didn't see a lot of what I expected. It looks the

I'm a bit surprised at myself but Bleeding Edge is catching my interest a bit. 4v4 and Melee based combat sounds different. So I'm going to keep an eye on it before I make any snap judgements based on the trailer.

Cyberpunk is at the top, God's and Monsters, Death Loop, 12 Minutes (very intrigued), Almost thought the Blair Witch game was a new Alan Wake. Lol. I admittedly yawned at the Halo Infinite trailer until DF's breakdown. Now I'm really curious about what 343 will do.

There's a lot of stuff I have to through

Veano95

Neo Member
hi guys :) veano here

i love video games, mostly been playing fighters for almost my whole life(24 now) but enjoy other genres as well

got into gaming heavily around maybe last year, i am a proud owner of a switch, ps4, xbox one, and a pc so im not like those other people who are into the whole console wars lol

I am currently going to school to be a journalist and hopefully in the future can become a journalist inside the gaming industry

CyberPanda

Banned

i love video games, mostly been playing fighters for almost my whole life(24 now) but enjoy other genres as well

got into gaming heavily around maybe last year, i am a proud owner of a switch, ps4, xbox one, and a pc so im not like those other people who are into the whole console wars lol

I am currently going to school to be a journalist and hopefully in the future can become a journalist inside the gaming industry
Welcome and enjoy your stay.

Mista

Banned

Welcome aboard! Wish you all the best in your school mate and hoping to see you around here more :)
Howdy, hello, greetings, ect! I have grown up with video games and decided it's high time I have a less reclusive presence in said world. :D
Oh my, looks like I’m having a new best friend here! Is that “The Eclipse” in your avatar? Say yes and I’m forever urs :D Welcome mate, thanks for joining us!

Kentura

Neo Member
Oh my, looks like I’m having a new best friend here! Is that “The Eclipse” in your avatar? Say yes and I’m forever urs :D Welcome mate, thanks for joining us!

I just recently started reading Beserk and it is quite incredible! It heavily inspired the Dark Souls series and while my picture was originally from DS3 I have found that it is equally fitting for Beserk so you could say it's a win-win situation. ;D

Mista

Banned
I just recently started reading Beserk and it is quite incredible! It heavily inspired the Dark Souls series and while my picture was originally from DS3 I have found that it is equally fitting for Beserk so you could say it's a win-win situation. ;D
You’re my best friend now! Did you enjoy Berserk?

Kentura

Neo Member
You’re my best friend now! Did you enjoy Berserk?

Hell yeah, I am honored haha! I am still pretty early into the manga but the art is really incredible and Guts is such a badass character! Reading about lore inspirations from Berserk in Fromsoft games has been really fun too. I have lost myself in such for more hours than I would like to admit lol. :)

Mista

Banned
Hell yeah, I am honored haha! I am still pretty early into the manga but the art is really incredible and Guts is such a badass character! Reading about lore inspirations from Berserk in Fromsoft games has been really fun too. I have lost myself in such for more hours than I would like to admit lol. :)
The honour is mine my friend. If you think the early manga drawing is incredible, wait till you see the latest chapters. Miura went digital drawing now and the details? Oooffffff

Stuchinoko

Heyo, new here. Been aware of NeoGAF for a while but I've only become interested in checking it out since I heard it changed a lot since the whole "thing" with previous users leaving. Looks like an alright place so I thought I'd spread my wings and check it out.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Heyo, new here. Been aware of NeoGAF for a while but I've only become interested in checking it out since I heard it changed a lot since the whole "thing" with previous users leaving. Looks like an alright place so I thought I'd spread my wings and check it out.
Welcome aboard bruv. Thanks for joining :)

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Looks like a DoDonPatchi DaiOuJou board in your avatar :messenger_grinning: - I really should fix mine. Not sure what the problem is, but I have got a spare regular PGM motherboard to use for parts.
Indeed! It's my favorite shmup.

Wander on over to our humble shmup OT if you're a fan of the genre. Nice to have you on board.

Vayne

Neo Member
Hi! I'm new, I was looking for a gaming forum that wasn't a sanitarium, so I passed about getting an account on ResetEra and discovered this. English is not my primary language, but I guess I won't have any problem expressing my opinions! Read a lot in this forum and seems nice, let's if I can apport more :)

Hi! I'm new, I was looking for a gaming forum that wasn't a sanitarium, so I passed about getting an account on ResetEra and discovered this. English is not my primary language, but I guess I won't have any problem expressing my opinions! Read a lot in this forum and seems nice, let's if I can apport more :)
Glad you didn’t pass on us. Welcome to NeoGAF

GreyHorace

Hullo there. My names Horace and the grey in my title is because Gandalf the Grey is my favourite character in The Lord of the Rings.

I've been playing vidyagames since the days of the Atari 2600, but I only got into the hobby for real when I got my first console, the original Xbox, back in 2002.

I've only browsed these forums before but it's only now that I've been able to officially join. Heres hoping we all get along and discuss stuff without much incidence.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Hullo there. My names Horace and the grey in my title is because Gandalf the Grey is my favourite character in The Lord of the Rings.

I've been playing vidyagames since the days of the Atari 2600, but I only got into the hobby for real when I got my first console, the original Xbox, back in 2002.

I've only browsed these forums before but it's only now that I've been able to officially join. Heres hoping we all get along and discuss stuff without much incidence.
Welcome to the forum! Any particular Xbox games that really stood out to you and drew you into the hobby?

GreyHorace

Welcome to the forum! Any particular Xbox games that really stood out to you and drew you into the hobby?
To be honest, I only got the Xbox because I wanted to play Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball. :messenger_winking_tongue:

But there were other games that I really enjoyed back then. The original Knights of the Old Republic is a fantastic Star Wars title. Ninja Gaiden from Team Ninja remains a favourite of mine as well. While nowadays I'd find it's design annoying, I really enjoyed playing the original Splinter Cell.

Mista

Banned

Hello Gaf this is Area61 who is mostly PC gamer but have soft Area for console gaming.
Love everything about Sega and Arcade games.
Welcome aboard lads, thank you for joining us :D

Trimesh

Banned
Indeed! It's my favorite shmup.

Wander on over to our humble shmup OT if you're a fan of the genre. Nice to have you on board.

I like the Cave games, but I'm not really that good at them - I got the board when it was being thrown away (because it was dead) and hoped it would be an easy fix, but all the obvious stuff (clocks, power rails and the ROM checksums) looks good, but it just gives a black screen and there is hardly any bus activity. I used to be big into arcade boards, but ran out of time and space :messenger_frowning_...

Mista

Banned
Hey there everyone! I’ve been lurking on Gaf for years and finally decided to join up! I look forward to actually participating in the community from now on.
Hey!

Former video game journalist who casually streams. As of this moment in writing my internet is out so I have to play some backlog Indie games, which isn't a bad thing. :) Here to look for some friendly conversations and hopefully make some friends. :)
Hello there chaps! Welcome aboard and thanks for joining us :D

Top Bottom