• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Elohim99

Neo Member
Hi everyone.

I'm Italian and an aspiring writer. I'm a long time lurker but never actually joined (until now) because of ResetEra.

I've never felt welcomed in that forum, I found myself too often disagreeing with the strict and childish rules that the mods imposed on users for simply saying things that, many times, were very agreable and well-articulated in opposition to those of the people who actually run things there.

Back to gaming, I'm a big Playstation and Kojima fan. My favourite games are single player games with a strong focus on narrative, driving simulators and western RPGs (even tho I really liked Persona 5).

I hope to find here what I was unable to find at ResetEra :)

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Hi everyone.

I'm Italian and an aspiring writer. I'm a long time lurker but never actually joined (until now) because of ResetEra.

I've never felt welcomed in that forum, I found myself too often disagreeing with the strict and childish rules that the mods imposed on users for simply saying things that, many times, were very agreable and well-articulated in opposition to those of the people who actually run things there.

Back to gaming, I'm a big Playstation and Kojima fan. My favourite games are single player games with a strong focus on narrative, driving simulators and western RPGs (even tho I really liked Persona 5).

I hope to find here what I was unable to find at ResetEra :)
Hi guys, new here. Signed up at resetera but they ended up being way too sensitive about literally everything. Hope you guys are different.
Hello everyone, very happy to finally joining after lurking for who knows how many years.

Let's enjoy some delicious mango together!
Welcome aboard. Thank you for joining us :D

Loc J Leno

Neo Member
Hi! I'm new here. I mainly play MOBAs currently and am waiting for the PS4 to reduce in price before buying it as there are MANY great games i'd like to play that I don't currently have the time to. I am into fitness/self-improvement and I go by they/them pronouns. My favorite game is Metal Gear Solid 4.

Mista

Banned
Hi guys! I'm new here. I'm from Romania and I'm a PC gamer who likes digging into old games that I've never played before (love using emulators and stuff like that). I'm also waiting for some of the games shown at E3, but unfortunately it will be a long wait for those :messenger_crying: See ya around!
The wait is going to be hard for sure. Welcome aboard and thanks for joining us :)
Hi! I'm new here. I mainly play MOBAs currently and am waiting for the PS4 to reduce in price before buying it as there are MANY great games i'd like to play that I don't currently have the time to. I am into fitness/self-improvement and I go by they/them pronouns. My favorite game is Metal Gear Solid 4.
I get happy when I see someone appreciating MGS4. Welcome aboard and thanks for joining us :)

Mista

Banned
Hi I am 36 been gaming since I was 4 on my step-brother's Atari 2600. Mostly game on my PS4 and 3DS I would say my PC is a potato but that is an insult to Potatoes. Mostly play RPGs some more actiony games too. I obviously really like Disgea particularly Prinnies.
Hello I'm Dom :)
Hello I'm durt. I like getting mad at video games. My favorite beverage is water.
Sup people, i'm mostly into japanese games in general, including Mobile Games.
I play mostly rhythm games and RPGs, hope to enjoy my time here.
We have even more people! I love it! Welcome aboard everyone and thank you for joining us :D♥️

Ironbunny

Hi everybody.

I've been like many others a long time lurker who has been following this site through its ups and downs. Way before to escalation that lead to the split up of the site I was thinking of applying for membership. I had a change of heart as I noticed site becoming more and more toxic and restricting opinions before the breakup. The punktuation of the conversation even with games seemed always gravitate towards attacking everything with SJW mindset. I mean it was not even then nowhere near like the other site. The election time was especially interesting to follow. Especially for a person like me who lives outside the USA. Its strange to live in a world where at my homeland I would be called republican and in the USA communist. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

After the breakup I've followed both sites. Other one mainly for curiosity rather then information and it really became obvious where the toxic people went. I would have joined earlier but the NeoGAF FAQ still says you need an legit email address to apply. Thanks to this thread I found out you don't need it so I gave it a go. First and foremost I'm here for the gaming related stuff. I like the relaxed atmosphere of the site and how there is actually conversation between people without the fear of being instantly banned for having a different view.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Hi everybody.

I've been like many others a long time lurker who has been following this site through its ups and downs. Way before to escalation that lead to the split up of the site I was thinking of applying for membership. I had a change of heart as I noticed site becoming more and more toxic and restricting opinions before the breakup. The punktuation of the conversation even with games seemed always gravitate towards attacking everything with SJW mindset. I mean it was not even then nowhere near like the other site. The election time was especially interesting to follow. Especially for a person like me who lives outside the USA. Its strange to live in a world where at my homeland I would be called republican and in the USA communist. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

After the breakup I've followed both sites. Other one mainly for curiosity rather then information and it really became obvious where the toxic people went. I would have joined earlier but the NeoGAF FAQ still says you need an legit email address to apply. Thanks to this thread I found out you don't need it so I gave it a go. First and foremost I'm here for the gaming related stuff. I like the relaxed atmosphere of the site and how there is actually conversation between people without the fear of being instantly banned for having a different view.
Wassuuuuup ironbunny with a bear avatar. You seem like a fun guy! Welcome aboard and thank you for joining us :D

Last edited:
So many wonderful new members joining us these past few weeks
HWaQd6Z.png
:messenger_heart:

rrice64

Neo Member
Hi everyone. I'm zero. I lurked the xbox thread on resetera for about a year, signed up and started posting a couple months ago, and then got absolutely repulsed when i stepped outside that thread and saw the rest of the site. I started seeing all kinds of insanity I just don't jive with, so I started trying to find somewhere else to be. I think the best place for me to be is the place working to expose them in the first place! idk all the history between the two boards, and honestly, I'm not sure I much care, as long as I'm in the right place for me. And if this place is less sjw, less extremist regressive left, less toxic, less self-hating, less censoring, and less thought-policing, then I think it absolutely will be. What do you say, NeoGAF? Am I home?

Raph64

Hi everyone. I'm zero. I lurked the xbox thread on resetera for about a year, signed up and started posting a couple months ago, and then got absolutely repulsed when i stepped outside that thread and saw the rest of the site. I started seeing all kinds of insanity I just don't jive with, so I started trying to find somewhere else to be. I think the best place for me to be is the place working to expose them in the first place! idk all the history between the two boards, and honestly, I'm not sure I much care, as long as I'm in the right place for me. And if this place is less sjw, less extremist regressive left, less toxic, less self-hating, less censoring, and less thought-policing, then I think it absolutely will be. What do you say, NeoGAF? Am I home?
Hello, I'm Shane. This site seems huge, I'm a little intimidated, and I don't know how anything works...help

Welcome to the NeoGAF family, chaps ! Hope you’ll feel at your ease here and we’ll be looking forward to seeing you guys in the threads ;)

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Hello, I'm Shane. This site seems huge, I'm a little intimidated, and I don't know how anything works...help
Welcome aboard lads and thank you for joining us. Looking forward to see you more around :D

Raph64

Hi!

I'm Hotaru, I'm a gal from Mexico. I've been lurking for a few years and only recently got an admin approval. I like RPGs, adventure, puzzle, bullet hells, some FPSes. I love finding weird games in the vein of LSD Dream Emulator and Yume Nikki.

Good day to all of you! :D

Holà chica ! Welcome aboard to the NeoGAF family ! Hope you’ll enjoy your stay here and feel at your ease ! Seeing more and more people joining GAF motivates me even more into contributing to their integration among side the wonderful members of GAF :messenger_heart:

We will be looking forward into seeing you in the threads ;)

hotaru.calavera

Neo Member
Welcome hotaru.calavera hotaru.calavera , from a fellow puzzle and bullet hell fan.

Love your username! :)

Holà chica ! Welcome aboard to the NeoGAF family ! Hope you’ll enjoy your stay here and feel at your ease ! Seeing more and more people joining GAF motivates me even more into contributing to their integration among side the wonderful members of GAF :messenger_heart:

We will be looking forward into seeing you in the threads ;)

Thanks! Dead Leaves is amazing! :D

Last edited:

Raph64

Hello...I heard this was the forum to be in if you detest lefty twats and also like videogames.

I got a bit aroused by your admirable stance on the degeneracy at going on at resetera...felt compelled to make an account.

About me...Old cunt...that is all.

Hello mate ! Believe me, you made the right choice of joining GAF as it is one of the most sane and well-reasoned communities you’ll ever find out in the Internet. Also, if we’ve been able thanks to the ResetERA thread to convince people that PedoERA is a cancerous fad and making them join us, I feel like we made something right that would change everything.

Hope you’ll feel at your ease here and we’ll be looking forward to seeing you in the threads ! :)

Hi my name is Timdog. Xbox fan

Long storied history here, didnt see eye to eye, but im willing to give this forum another chance. I know the rules and will stay within them. If you guys dont want me thats all well fine too. I figure that ppl should be able to forgive and move on, that includes myself, and look to making gaming a better place. If anything i want to say im willing to give it a shot. I dont have no problem with Tyler, i think he has went the right way about cleaning up his forum, the problems werent all him, and again willing to go full clean slate.

Thanks for the time

Mista

Banned
Hi!

I'm Hotaru, I'm a gal from Mexico. I've been lurking for a few years and only recently got an admin approval. I like RPGs, adventure, puzzle, bullet hells, some FPSes. I love finding weird games in the vein of LSD Dream Emulator and Yume Nikki.

Good day to all of you! :D
Hey there Hotaru! Welcome aboard and thank you for joining us :D
Hello...I heard this was the forum to be in if you detest lefty twats and also like videogames.

I got a bit aroused by your admirable stance on the degeneracy at going on at resetera...felt compelled to make an account.

About me...Old cunt...that is all.
Get in there you legend! I like you already! Welcome aboard mate and thank you for joining us :D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Long storied history here, didnt see eye to eye, but im willing to give this forum another chance. I know the rules and will stay within them. If you guys dont want me thats all well fine too. I figure that ppl should be able to forgive and move on, that includes myself, and look to making gaming a better place. If anything i want to say im willing to give it a shot. I dont have no problem with Tyler, i think he has went the right way about cleaning up his forum, the problems werent all him, and again willing to go full clean slate.

Thanks for the time
Sounds good man, welcome back. We could always use a few more Xbox fans around here. :)

Mista

Banned

Thanks for the time
The same Timdog on twitter? Welcome back mate and thank you for joining us :)

datalinq

Neo Member
My name is Gunny

I'm a gamer from the early 80's and owned every console and PC you could ever imagine. Love Australian Rules Footy, collect 1/3rd scale statues from either Sideshow and Prime 1 studios and love my PS4 and xBox. My favourite game is Elite Dangerous as I love the open game play this brings but also love Elder scrolls etc.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
My name is Gunny

I'm a gamer from the early 80's and owned every console and PC you could ever imagine. Love Australian Rules Footy, collect 1/3rd scale statues from either Sideshow and Prime 1 studios and love my PS4 and xBox. My favourite game is Elite Dangerous as I love the open game play this brings but also love Elder scrolls etc.
I am gonna ask you a question and answer very, very carefully.

Did you own and do you still own Aussie Rules Footy on the NES?

Coz you’re a fucking legend in my book if you do.

Also, who do you barrack for in the AFL?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My name is Gunny

Glad to have you here. What's you're favorite Elder Scrolls game?

WolfAddressBox

Neo Member
HI! I have years without touching a forum, just recently got into it because I'm tired of social networking and I need social interaction, I'm a game developer, my team and I (It sounds like that youtube ad right? Lol) have no idea on how to be social and to promote our stuff, it is very different, it is dark and I complain a lot. You can see I also have the intention to promote our stuff... Also I'm looking for players on the PS4, the random matchmaking is terrible for me, I get usually into rooms or with players from all over the world and then lag takes over. I love to chat, so feel free to talk with me and together we can complain about anything you want...

sevoro

Hi there

I'm an Aussie who's been lurking here since 2010. I play Touhou, VNs, DFFOO, FPS, SRW and almost anything released by Nintnedo, my personal favourite franchise is Mega Man. Ideologically I believe in 'live and let live', with certain exceptions of course, hopefully I don't offend anyone. Anyways, looking forward to my time here.

Top Bottom