• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Pobb

Neo Member
He's one.

hChXiuJ.jpg
Why not, thanks! 😂

ccrruuxx

Neo Member
Hey dudes im a guy that plays video games sometimes but mostly I do stuff like this

cx3QmGI.gifv

Right now im either playing Siege on PS4 or a random game on my OC'd Vita. I'm like a cool nerd if that makes sense.

Last edited:

BadSector

Banned
Hi there,

My name is BadSector, I am the owner and Chief Ed. of the website theGeek (https://thegeek.games/). I am 47 years old.

Big video game fanatic, also journalist since a good 30 years. I worked for GameStar Hungary, PC Guru and Gladriel.com (an English gamer website gone since) in the past, and right now I am pretty busy with theGeek.games. We are making this website with a couple of friends and my GF, Anikó. It's actually multilingual (French and Hungarian included with theGeek.site and theGeek.hu as separate sites.)

Gaming-wise I am a big RPG fan, besides, I also love cinema and French and Japanese food. We have two cats, Bella and Cicero and we live in a family house with a big garden in good old Budapest. If you have more questions, just ask! :p

Cheers,

BadSector

Last edited:

pochi

Neo Member
my name is pochi. i enjoy playing the video games. open world games, MMO, FPS, expensive dating simulators to replace real human connection, et cetera. i played VR a couple of times. Beat Saber makes me feel like a dual-wield lightsaber god. fav streams are vinesauce and xQc. i love music, i play piano. currently messing around in FruityLoops alot.

introverted lurker™️

Last edited:

Moonjt9

Hi there
Long time lurker, I live in Korea and am big into retro games and my current obsession is collecting for the Nintendo Switch. Happy to finally be able to take part in all the discussions here!

Scotty W

Hi I'm a Canadian named Scotty. I've been lurking Neogaf for a few years. Ironically, I think it was Kotaku that originally led me here, long before the ResetEra split. I'm using my real name for the first time on a forum, and I'm going to try to make high quality posts.

retsof624

Hey everyone. I'm new here, obviously. I decided to come here after seeing how normal people act here compared to Resetera. I had been there off and on for about a year and I'm done. Bunch of miserable, holier than thou, anti-fun people. Mods and users.

TheStam

Hi,

Used to be a big time lurker, then the drama happened so I figured this place was dead. Have been lurking Era instead, but the madness over there is just to much so decided to check out the Gaf again. Lo and behold it's actually a sensible forum now so decided to register.

Dr. Westcott

Neophyte
Hello,

My name is Frank. I recently finished my doctorate and did my dissertation about video games and how playing games in middle school and high school helps kids develop skills that can help them succeed in college. I've done a lot of research about video games. As an avid gamer myself, I am tired of all the negative stories about VGs. I am putting my research to use by writing a book to dispel some of the myths surrounding video games, especially violent games.

If anyone would like to help please take less than a minute and answer a few simple questions about video games and violence.
Video Games and Violence - Google Form Survey

Thanks in advance,
Frank

Hey guys. I'm Johan from Sweden, and I've been hanging around this Forum for years without creating an account. Guess it's time to contribute with something now! I've been gaming since the late 80's on most platforms. Big love for the 8/16-bit consoles, which constitute the last classic/retro systems in my opinion. Never stopped playing those.

Kaira

Neo Member
Hi all I'm Katrina aka Kaira from Norway, I'm British (ugh I know right) but living with my husband in Norway. I'm a huge gamer, I've streamed for nearly 10 years on JTV which then went on to be Twitch Tv don't worry I'm not popular so I don't advertise myself anymore as I game for fun not money, The reason I got into streaming is because I love to chat to other people who love games while I'm playing also, I love to read and watch movies and I'm sure most people feel sorry for my partner who I've been with for over 10 years.

It's very nice to meet you all and I hope this forum can be welcoming unlike some other certain platforms.

Mocklogan

Neo Member
Hey guys, been lurking for years & finally decided to sign up. Reading John's comments from Digital Foundry pushed me to speak up! I'll address that in that forum. I love games & still play everything from NES to current! Although I have a soft spot for the Saturn & its amazing shoot 'em up (shooter) collection. Thanks guys for having me!

controller_lady

Neo Member
Hi members, both new and old. ;)

We've set this imaginatively titled thread up as a friendly, welcoming space for people to just say "Hi" and maybe share a few words about themselves. This was my introduction from the thread we created for staff members, it doesn't need to be anything of that size though, anything would be great.

Maybe tell us what sort of games you like, what games your looking forward to, what non-gaming things you're interested in and maybe even a little bit about your choice of avatar.

REMINDER: THE DEFAULT AVATARS WILL BE REMOVED SHORTLY SO YOU'LL NEED TO UPLOAD ONE VIA YOUR ACCOUNT AT THE VERY TOP OF THE PAGE OR REQUEST A CUSTOM AVATAR HERE - Official NeoGAF Avatar Request Thread (work in progress)
We actually have several hundred brand new members that have just been joined up (Neophytes), I've added a few links below so that newer members can find their way to threads that may be of use to them.

------------------------------
BASIC MEMBERSHIP TYPES

There are three main types of membership on NeoGAF which I'll give a brief overview on below. You may also see other types of members in the community but these are the "standard" membership types.

Neophytes - The absolute newest of members.
  • Unable to create new threads. (Neophytes can now request to have a thread created on their behalf, follow this link for details.)
  • Unable to send messages using the NeoGAF messaging service. Able to receive messages though.
  • Unable to edit own posts after five minutes.
  • All posts are unpublished until a member of staff validates and publishes the posts.
  • Unable to enter NeoGAF Giveaways.

Neo Members - Have been seen to contribute positively to the forum.
  • Unable to create new threads.

Members - Have demonstrated a sustained positive contribution to the forum.
  • No member restrictions.

Although number of posts are also a factor in people moving from one type of membership to another, the reason we're not listing specifics is because it isn't solely based on that so somebody who has contributed positively could well be moved earlier than somebody with twice as many posts. Don't spam posts and expect to be moved earlier because it's very easy for the move to be delayed if we see that you're having a negative effect of the community.

Although being a full Member is permanent, in the general sense, it is possible for people to have rights removed if its deemed fit by the team. This would be unusual but it certainly isn't unheard of.

As some may already have noticed, we now have a Giveaways Tab at the top of the page, we're currently hosting our first giveaway and it's very much a work in progress but each individual giveaway can be set with a required minimum membership level rather than there being an overall requirement, so it's always worth checking there. Neophytes will not normally be able to enter though but as this one is a bit of test run for us, it is actually possible.

If you are a Neophyte and are wanting to contact staff for something and it isn't appropriate to use the Report Function (Reporting inappropriate posts) or the Error Reporting & Feedbackthread then you are able to do this using the Contact Us tab at the very bottom of the page or by using this email address - support@neogaf.com

Although you may find that you have more or less privileges than other members with different membership types, it doesn't mean that one type of member has authority over other members, it's not a rank and should never be treated as such.

------------------------------​

Welcome to all members and thank you all for your contributions here, there's been a lot of support from the community here recently and we all hope that the you will lead by example for the new people rather than just relying on us to tell people what to do.

giphy.gif

USEFULL THREADS

FEEL FREE TO USE THESE THREADS, THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR.​

Hello. My greatest passions are video games, swimming and cosmetics. I love everything Nintendo but hope to expand my game interests. I am very excited to be apart of the community!

Coflash

Hello. My name's Phill. I play games on... everything, but mainly PC. My first game was Captain Comic. My favourite game of all time is probably Deus Ex.

In the early 2000s I made some Flash games/cartoons called 'Ray' and I'm finally making another game after a 15 year absence. Can't wait to finish the damn thing. I also like stuff and things.

Last edited:
Greetings.

Thanks mod team for the activation. Haven't really been on Neogaf since....2011ish? Not having a 'hard' email account was certainly a blessing.

Typically I only play PC games. Using an Asus laptop which needs to be sufficient for the moment. Although with the current state of desktop GPUs, there's little drawback except for the screen-size. Usually am involved in some sort of MMORPG: FF14, WoW, GW2. Although as seeing how Blizz treated that HK freedom fighter, Classic is uninstalled.

Thought about picking up a sub to Eve Online. Been doing some basic alpha clone stuff in wormholes mainly: data and relic mining, and just started some gas mining too. Proficiency isn't that high yet, so I'm trying to learn some better ways at doing things before I commit to a sub. No real corp yet either, so just solo at the moment (good and bad).

Was looking forward to the new Modern Warfare, but Acti/Blizz's take again on HK....I just can't. Really then, looking forward to 2077, Halo MCC, and might see what Elite Dangerous's xpac next year release does for the game.

Other than games I'm interested in Lego, fishing, and tightening up my house for the heating season. Heating the outside is expensive.

My avatar...I love Gundam UC. All of it really except for Victory Gundam. That was the worst episodes of anything I've ever seen. Some cool space battles, but completely forgettable experience. Except to say I can't forget it as it was/is so bad. Characters are horrible. Horrible story. Awful imagery. Incoherent plot lines. And just depressing as hell. What I love about the UC, is the coherent story. Similar plots, but new and interesting characters dealing with their own challenges. The scale of conflict, yet brought down to personal level drama. Even with ZZ, one gets the sense of meaningful action, just not action for the sake of it.

I'm not dogmatic about the whole dub/sub thing. I'd rather dub it than read, but some series there's no choice. Don't really care either about the 'old' animation from let's say MSG. Almost fitting in a way as it's the start of a long journey. Which is why I wouldn't recommend starting with the newer Origin series. Or other plot lines from newer series which demystifies large themes from the older runs.

Anyway, cheers!

Top Bottom