• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Thank you very much.

But one small last request... Could you simply write it down as Kishido without the big letters in-between...

Sorry for getting on your nerves.

It's no prob, done. Since you originally registered in 2013 I've bumped you up to full Member as well. Happy gaffing.

Nullien

Neo Member
Hi everyone! :D

I'm María (or Nullien!), so nice to meet you! I've been lurking for a while, but I guess it's time to start posting!

I've been playing videogames almost all my life, my favourites are the Final Fantasy saga, Borderlands, Child of Light, Tetris... and I also play a lot of League of Legends and Overwatch!
My other hobbies apart from gaming are mostly cosplay, writing and reading :)

I've been working (officially) on the videogames industry for around 4-5 years, and right now I'm working at a videogames studio called Flying Beast Labs ^_^

See you all around here!

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
kurisu_1974 kurisu_1974 there are european comics? the only one I know is Asterix & Obelix 🤣

That's one yes, albeit for a younger crowd, like Tintin, Spirou, Lucky Luke... but then you also have Blueberry, Valerian & Raveline (where Star Wars got all its ideas), Blake and Mortimer, and tons more in that style. And on top of that you have the more auteur oriented output like from Moebius (The Incal, Edena, ...), Bourgeon (The Passengers of the Wind, ...), Schuiten (Cities of the Fantastic) etc... Another you might know is the books that led to the Snowpiercer movie, and Blacksad which is hetting a game somewhere this year.

51f%2BSAaPl8L.jpg
Couv_146.jpg
6199070-6.jpg
71Szr0FKcZL.jpg
transperceneige.jpg

StarWarsValerian1.jpg

It's pretty big especially in Belgium and France, but they don't seem to capture a global audience that often, compared to US comics / graphic novels and manga.

Last edited:

God Enel

That's one yes, albeit for a younger crowd, like Tintin, Spirou, Lucky Luke... but then you also have Blueberry, Valerian & Raveline (where Star Wars got all its ideas), Blake and Mortimer, and tons more in that style. And on top of that you have the more auteur oriented output like from Moebius (The Incal, Edena, ...), Bourgeon (The Passengers of the Wind, ...), Schuiten (Cities of the Fantastic) etc... Another you might know is the books that led to the Snowpiercer movie, and Blacksad which is hetting a game somewhere this year.

It's pretty big especially in Belgium and France, but they don't seem to capture a global audience that often, compared to US comics / graphic novels and manga.

That’s awesome I know tintin and lucky Luke. Valerian i guess is the comic the movie is based on?
The other ones I’ve never heard of.
theres a gallery in Germany (I think it’s in Bonn) of moebius. A friend wanted to visit it with me but we kinda forgot about it.

Maybe you should do a euro comic ot. It’s kinda interesting even though I don’t have a lot - if anything at all - to contribute

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Yeah I like the Valerian comics a lot better than the movie, but they are very 80s French sci-fi so if you're not into older comics I wouldn't bother.

Love the OT idea, will think about it but I'm a lazy SOB...

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

51f%2BSAaPl8L.jpg
Couv_146.jpg
6199070-6.jpg
71Szr0FKcZL.jpg
transperceneige.jpg

StarWarsValerian1.jpg

So, that comic is what that Blacksad adventure game currently in development is based on? Interesting.

VFXVeteran

Banned
Hello again NeoGAF!

I'm hoping that my return here is a good one. I will talk with complete unbias commentary, but that could prove offensive for some people who want to hear what they want to hear. I'm a realist and as such, will speak with facts and not speculation. I will steer away from subjective discussions as they lead nowhere and only turns out into arguments. Hopefully my stay here will be fruitful for some.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I've been gone since the "reboot". I'm not doing many forums these days, so I just felt the need to come see what's up.

Edit: Jesus, y'all got achievements now. I was wondering how I logged in after almost two years and suddenly had a ton of notifications...

gLhjByu.png

Hey ben, cool to see you drop by. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

God Enel

I've been gone since the "reboot". I'm not doing many forums these days, so I just felt the need to come see what's up.

Edit: Jesus, y'all got achievements now. I was wondering how I logged in after almost two years and suddenly had a ton of notifications...

gLhjByu.png

Love to see a lot of old people coming back. Not only you but a shitload of others as well. And lots of new faces too. ❤️ Welcome (back) to all of you

Obmont

Neo Member
Hello!

Pokemon fan (B2 is favorite), avid gamer, and program for a living. I'm into vintage collecting and hope to have a full wii u library soon! Outside of gaming I enjoy playing kickball, watching football, and running. Glad to join this community!

SideBlitz

Neo Member
Welcome!

What do you do in the field of music?

Also, do you spam the Blitzcrank laugh? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I'm with a company that makes music for esports and gaming. Working with tournament organizers, esports teams, publishers. It's pretty fun, trying to figure out what people in the different communities like to listen to - you'd be surprised!

Re the laugh - no comment hahaha

Ornlu

Banned
I'm with a company that makes music for esports and gaming. Working with tournament organizers, esports teams, publishers. It's pretty fun, trying to figure out what people in the different communities like to listen to - you'd be surprised!

Re the laugh - no comment hahaha

I'd definitely be interested in knowing more; sounds like there would be some funny facts there.

SideBlitz

Neo Member
I'd definitely be interested in knowing more; sounds like there would be some funny facts there.

Yeah man! Well, our stuff is on Spotify, look for Players Republik, you're welcome to check out the releases and the playlists to have an idea of how we work. We're also starting on Twitch and Mixer, can't wait to hear what people have to say and what their feelings for the music are depending on the game they play.
I get so passionate haha I love my job

bengraven

Hey ben, cool to see you drop by. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Thank you, my friend. :)

Love to see a lot of old people coming back. Not only you but a shitload of others as well. And lots of new faces too. ❤ Welcome (back) to all of you

Thank you! I haven't been active on forums much lately, except one that was an old habit when I wanted to see if I missed any news. Things going on around the house, big changes happening and some are good, so I felt more sociable.

You think being away from forums was bad? For a while, I was even hiding in the bathroom on lunch breaks just to stay away from people...

Last edited:

Timex

Banned
I’ve been on here for a decent amount of time and never posted here.

Heyo!
I’m Timex and I love all things PlayStation and the fact that Gaf is chill with NSFW threads. Love Battlefield and any game with good blade or fist combat.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Welcome aboard new and old people. Thanks for joining us
Hello again NeoGAF!

I'm hoping that my return here is a good one. I will talk with complete unbias commentary, but that could prove offensive for some people who want to hear what they want to hear. I'm a realist and as such, will speak with facts and not speculation. I will steer away from subjective discussions as they lead nowhere and only turns out into arguments. Hopefully my stay here will be fruitful for some.
Your return? What’s your old username? Also feel free to say what’s on your mind, what you like and what you don’t. Not a must for everyone to agree with you not disagree. Different opinions are respected here either someone agrees with them or not

robor

Hey guys, I was an old-time lurker back in the days before the controversy explosion that birthed an outgrowth community, which won't be mentioned here ;) (Ya'll know what's up!).

Just wanted to introduce myself and declare that I'm happy and excited to be a part of this community and its next evolution.

I'm currently in the process of changing vocations (one to what I believe has always been my calling on this Earth) and seek in keeping myself among those whom possibly share like interests, knowledge and experience in the same or similar field including those who are just here for the passion of this industry and the entertainment it provides for us all. I look forward to meeting as many people here as I can and hopefully making some friends along the way!

Alright, that's the kibitz, peeps.

Thanks for having me!

VFXVeteran

Banned
Welcome aboard new and old people. Thanks for joining us

Your return? What’s your old username? Also feel free to say what’s on your mind, what you like and what you don’t. Not a must for everyone to agree with you not disagree. Different opinions are respected here either someone agrees with them or not

Shaderhacker was my previous name.

I'm glad to see that I don't need to walk on eggshells to put some hardcore fans in their place like ERA.

LokusAbriss

Hello there! New guy here from Germany. 30 years old.
Love cars, racing games and games that suck me in (Death Stranding). Without fixiation on any genre.
Gaming on Xbox One X (main), PS4 and PC.
Have been lurking for many years. Finally registered an account. Great forum we have here.

Last edited:

SHOUGAMI89

Neo Member
Hello i'm from mumbai india, i am into cosole gaming, and mobile gaming with pokemon go and older games like snake, bounce. I play mostly on PS4 but intend to on X1 and switch later on.

My favorites are, Crash Team Racing, NFS Hot Pursuit 2, Skyrim, Mortal Kombat Deception, PES 5. I'be been gaming since i got a handheld game system before the days of 8-bit nintendo, i guess the games where like pixel games.

Currently and strangely i am looking forward to having all the unreleased games like ghosts of tsushima and clearing backlogs that looking forward to next gen.

Right now this is as far as i can intro i guess thanks. I used to make written non proper but simple guides for gaming for friends recently i tried my hand with a video guide in pokemon go. If it is allowed to post here, I'll post it later on.

TTYL

Hey guys, I forgot to post in here. DisplayingSuperman is my name because I'm a big Superman fan and avid statue/memorabilia collector. My mancave is chalk full of Superman from top to bottom. Just got done putting RGB LED's in my shelves/glass displays. I also always loved forums and I'm apart of many nerd communities mostly. But anyway, this site is cool and the type of quirkly conversation I like dabbing in on my work breaks. Up, up and away.

6c6c6c

Neo Member
6c6c6c here. Long-time lurker.

Retrogamer, mostly because I grew up playing NES/SNES/GB. Very much Into video game artwork preservation. Fan of Tom DuBois (the guy who painted Konami's artwork back in the 90s). Happy to join GAF and maybe I'll be able to contribute something of value here in the future.

Mottos:
1. I deserve a styrofoam cup.
2. Just because I can speak doesn't make me intelligent.
3. It's easy to give when you have.

I ended up being directed to and reading threads on here when googling stuff about neo geo and Saturn games collecting and decided to join up after years

I'm liking the off topic forum. Not really I to modern gaming so the games section isn't really my thing.

There should be a retro gaming forum

zapiks44

Hello Gaf! Finally making my first post here. Been lurking here for years but couldn't register because I didn't have a valid email address. Thankfully, Gaf recently changed that rule to allow pretty much any email, so I finally registered and here I am. Been an avid gamer most of my life and I"m also something of a completionist when gaming(I have 69% average game completion rate on Steam). My favorite genres are RPGs, MMORPGS, and FPSs.

Top Bottom