• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Hey GAF, what's up?

I'm from Italy and I've been lurking this site for a long, long time. Let's just say that starting from around 2011, this place was my daily bread and butter and my go-to website for... pretty much any kind of news, discussion, GIFs, anything gaming related, and of course for a good laugh in those legendary threads.

I never signed up during those years because of the very long period necessary for account approval, then I witnessed GAF spiral into something quite unpleasant until the... schism of 2017. But now the "other place" is plagued by the same problems (and to a much greater degree) so I guess it's finally time for me to join the community here.

I'm much less of a gamer these days but I still find the time to enjoy a good vidya game. My gaming time these days is approximately 80% Nintendo, 20% XBox. I skipped PlayStation this gen - I don't hate the platform but it's quite redundant for the kind of stuff I usually play. Like a lot of people with a gaming past but an adult life, a job and daily responsibilities to attend to, I spend more time reading about and discussing games than playing them... but I guess this has always kinda been GAF's shtick, like that glorious GAF/Matrix GIF from some years ago attested to, LOL.

I've been lurking GAF these past few months and I'm glad the community is producing content worthy of the GAF of old. Also discussion can be had without fear of being banned for perfectly reasonable posts. I don't know how much I will be able to contribute, but I'm glad to be here after so long.

See you around guys, thanks for being awesome!

Hi everyone! My name is Robert, I'm crazy about videogames since I was a kid. I Grew up playing Nintendo games, now I play a little bit of everything.
I've been lurking around here for a couple of years, I don't know why I just decided to make an account and I'm looking forward to being part of the community here!
May avatar... Ok, I'm sure you know her.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Hey GAF, what's up?

I'm from Italy and I've been lurking this site for a long, long time. Let's just say that starting from around 2011, this place was my daily bread and butter and my go-to website for... pretty much any kind of news, discussion, GIFs, anything gaming related, and of course for a good laugh in those legendary threads.

I never signed up during those years because of the very long period necessary for account approval, then I witnessed GAF spiral into something quite unpleasant until the... schism of 2017. But now the "other place" is plagued by the same problems (and to a much greater degree) so I guess it's finally time for me to join the community here.

I'm much less of a gamer these days but I still find the time to enjoy a good vidya game. My gaming time these days is approximately 80% Nintendo, 20% XBox. I skipped PlayStation this gen - I don't hate the platform but it's quite redundant for the kind of stuff I usually play. Like a lot of people with a gaming past but an adult life, a job and daily responsibilities to attend to, I spend more time reading about and discussing games than playing them... but I guess this has always kinda been GAF's shtick, like that glorious GAF/Matrix GIF from some years ago attested to, LOL.

I've been lurking GAF these past few months and I'm glad the community is producing content worthy of the GAF of old. Also discussion can be had without fear of being banned for perfectly reasonable posts. I don't know how much I will be able to contribute, but I'm glad to be here after so long.

Hi everyone! My name is Robert, I'm crazy about videogames since I was a kid. I Grew up playing Nintendo games, now I play a little bit of everything.
I've been lurking around here for a couple of years, I don't know why I just decided to make an account and I'm looking forward to being part of the community here!

Nintendo??! One of Us One of Us!

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Hey GAF, what's up?

Hi and welcome. I never would have guessed you are from Italy, your written English is perfect. Have you lived abroad?

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Professor scopa checking in
Doctor Scopa. Doctor of English.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Hello! I've been lurking for 20 years and finally got the guts to sign up!

This place is the best it has been in years so it felt like the right time. I am looking forward to being a part of it.

On a side note - it took me 3 attempts to finally get my account approved. I would prefer to change my username to one of the ones that was rejected. Who do I talk to to get that sorted out?

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!

Welcome.

I do not know her!

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Hi I am Sahil
Just started following gaming communities. I am a game developer as a profession and gaming is a passion.
Will try and update as much as possible
Great to be connected to all!!!

Hi Sahil.

Tell me about the game you are working on right now!

termos

Banned
I have recently joined this forum can anyone please guide me when i can start posting thread here .

i can only reply on user post for now .

Con-Z-epT

No.

Gold member Jooxed replied today that he thinks it will take you about 50 post and a month of time until you can post your own threads.

Con-Z-epT

Thanks!

Phoebe Buffay from "friends"! Actually her real name is Lisa Kudrow :messenger_beaming:

My Nick name (I'm not sure if it's called 'nick name' ) is the name of a town in the sky from Zelda Skyward sword.

Now I see it. Should have looked closer.

Iam fine with your nick name. Mine is a work in progress. :messenger_winking:

Con-Z-epT

I just tried to get the speed run achievement tonight and missed it by 10 minutes. It is such a fantastic game. I love it.

I havent tried it because my third playthrough was still close to 4h. The degree of difficulty is just perfect in this game!

I keep dieing to some bosses quite often.

Last edited:

Nixonomics

My account isn't new but I haven't been on GAF for years - and even then I didn't post often. Figured I'd follow protocol and sound off here since it seems to be largely a new user base . I'm Nixon. I play a lot of video games. Big fan of arcade games, survival horror and fighting games. Love the experience of seeing yourself improve at a game and welcome friendly competition. Hoping to witness the rebirth of GAF into an even better gaming forum over time.

Hi all!

I've been following for a couple of months and finally decided to sign up.

I'm 33 years old from Denmark. At the moment I'm trying to complete Red dead redemption, so I can move on to Red dead redemption 2. It takes a lot of time, since I only play when my children are asleep :messenger_smiling_with_eyes: Wish me luck!

Whaddup my fellow Dane. Welcome to GAF, enjoy your stay.

Last edited:

ZombieTech

Neo Member
Howdy all. Decide to join after seeing a thread about how much more laid back and down to earth things are here.

After another well known site and how down the tubes that it'd gotten, was just about ready to give up on game forums.

Thank goodness for NeoGAF! :)

EDIT: I should probably toss out there that I first started gaming in 1983 on a ColecoVision and PC, thus yes, I'm an old dog, go easy on me. ;)

Last edited:

God Enel

Hello and welcome to all the new people who joined this community. I hope you guys enjoy it.

And welcome to all the old (new) members finding their way back home. I see more and more users with tags and when i check their accounts all date back to 2010 and earlier. I hope you returning “folx” (🤣) are not the shitty ones before shit went down.
Hope this time you’re not leaving :)

Last edited:

yeeeeeezy

Banned
Yay! So my next question is, it says I have insufficient privileges to post in politics. What threshold do I have to meet? Thx!

Top Bottom