• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Durien

Hi all,
I'm Durien and I love games and hockey. I first started playing video games on an Atari 2600 as a kid so that dates me there. I was lurking on here but this place rocks! The people in here sometimes have me literally laughing out loud and found I want to lurk less and participate more. If I have to take a side on the console wars I'm a PS guy. I've bought into the ecosystem wholeheartedly but it is as also because of Atlus and NIS.

Please keep the laughs coming!
*bow*
No applause please. Just throw money.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Hello. My IRL name is Craig but please don’t hold that against me. I’ve spent many years lurking and still haven’t been able to come up with a good username, avatar or introduction.
Hi all,
I'm Durien and I love games and hockey. I first started playing video games on an Atari 2600 as a kid so that dates me there. I was lurking on here but this place rocks! The people in here sometimes have me literally laughing out loud and found I want to lurk less and participate more. If I have to take a side on the console wars I'm a PS guy. I've bought into the ecosystem wholeheartedly but it is as also because of Atlus and NIS.

Please keep the laughs coming!
*bow*
No applause please. Just throw money.
tenor.gif

Hey, how's it goin'? My name (obviously because of username) is Abby. Been gaming and stuff since i was like 5 or 6 and loved it since. I don't get to play as much as I used to, sadly. I'm also big on collecting and playing retro games/systems.

Right now I mainly play Fallout 76, WWE 2K19, Assasins Creed Odyssey, Avengers, Cuphead, Final Fantasy XIV on the PS4; Uncharted Golden Abyss, Dead Nation, Killzone Mercenary, Street Fighter x Tekken, and Batman Blackgate on the PS Vita.

I'm not a big competitive gamer but gimme that coop. Cats rock, some anime is great, cooking food for people rules, and love is love.

I do an amazing job being a stormtrooper on Star Wars Battlefront 2. Because i can't shoot to save my life 🤣

Last edited:

Trumpeter

Neo Member
Hello,

I have been browsing GAF as a source for gaming news since ~2009 or so. I'm not a social person and I never registered an account.

I remember the forum getting worse and worse for a few years. I started visiting less often and it just seemed to be going down the drain right up until the big implosion. I followed the drama around that time and remember feeling bad for EviLore. Obviously I couldn't know who told the truth about the "incident", but in any case the collective reaction was so disgusting. I have no idea if I could have handled being in that place.

GAF wasn't exactly great in the time after that, but REEE was too obnoxious to even visit for me. I'm happy that this forum have bounced back overthe last few years. I will most likely not post that frequently, but I'm happy to partake in this community.

Tesseract

Banned
Hey, how's it goin'? My name (obviously because of username) is Abby. Been gaming and stuff since i was like 5 or 6 and loved it since. I don't get to play as much as I used to, sadly. I'm also big on collecting and playing retro games/systems.

Right now I mainly play Fallout 76, WWE 2K19, Assasins Creed Odyssey, Avengers, Cuphead, Final Fantasy XIV on the PS4; Uncharted Golden Abyss, Dead Nation, Killzone Mercenary, Street Fighter x Tekken, and Batman Blackgate on the PS Vita.

I'm not a big competitive gamer but gimme that coop. Cats rock, some anime is great, cooking food for people rules, and love is love.

I do an amazing job being a stormtrooper on Star Wars Battlefront 2. Because i can't shoot to save my life 🤣

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Hello,

I have been browsing GAF as a source for gaming news since ~2009 or so. I'm not a social person and I never registered an account.

I remember the forum getting worse and worse for a few years. I started visiting less often and it just seemed to be going down the drain right up until the big implosion. I followed the drama around that time and remember feeling bad for EviLore. Obviously I couldn't know who told the truth about the "incident", but in any case the collective reaction was so disgusting. I have no idea if I could have handled being in that place.

GAF wasn't exactly great in the time after that, but REEE was too obnoxious to even visit for me. I'm happy that this forum have bounced back overthe last few years. I will most likely not post that frequently, but I'm happy to partake in this community.
DO NOT TOOT

I4eni

Neo Member
Hello I’m new to this forum! But I’m a streamer looking for others that would like to come stream with or just enjoy a good gaming session!
Come join me on twitch at Twitch.tv/i4eni
I’m looking forward to seeing all your beautiful faces!

MartinTale

Neo Member
Hey guys! :messenger_waving:

I'm Martin`Tale and I'm making indie games :)

I joined to promote my games but that won't happen as I don't have the permission to create threads :LOL: I guess, lets see what this forum/community is all about so far I love the simplicity and UI which is a big plus :)

Have a nice weekend ;)

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

I'm Edgelord79. Been lurking around here for a while and just decided to join.

I have a family, a dog, and 23 fish. I like the outdoors, especially camping, hiking, fishing and agate hunting. I work as a geospatial scientist and cartographer. I'm also Canadian.

More in-depth likes:
- 80's Elizabeth Shue
- Pizza with pepperoni on top of the cheese (not under it)
- Roberta Williams
- Maps
- Wine
- Video Games

Overrated:
- Superhero movies (Except the 2009 Watchmen movie... Amazing)
- Doritos
- Apple products (not the fruit)
- Daniel LaRusso
- Jim Sterling
- 3/4 of all memes

Strong Distaste:
- Canadian plastic money
- Too much mayonnaise
- Brand loyalty

I game on all platforms except mobile. Grew up on PC with tandy systems from Radio Shack.

Dav-Kripler

Hello Gaf! It's an honor and a privilege to finally join the new and improved neogaf 🥳
I've been lurking for a decade and a half and when the sister site (re) opened up after the turbulence, I hopped on there wanting to chat with like minded folks about video games and pop culture.

As you can probably guess I grew very jaded with how oppressive it became there😞 I was glad to see I was not alone in feeling this way and I got so much catharsis from reading threads on gaf that poked fun at the self-seriousness of that site.

Well enough intro from me, tldr I am ready to take my licks as a neophyte and happy to be in a forum that not only welcomes free thought but challenges my own.

Thank you for the acceptance gaf staff🙏

John2290

Hello there, I'm new however I've created this account linked to my email address years ago and was wondering how the heck do I change my Username? Not sure what I was thinking with this one.

Jada_Li

Banned
Hello Everyone!

I have been playing video games since I was a small child, but that doesn't mean I'm any good at them, lol. Some of my favorite kind of games are those with great storytelling and in-depth gameplay, such as choice-based make your own story kind of games like Detroit: Become Human. I am also obsessed with The Sims 3. :messenger_beaming:

Topher

Gold Member
Hi all. Topher here. 49 year old gamer who started gaming on a TRS-80 back in the early 1980s. Primarily PC gamer, but also have PS4 for exclusives.

Personally, I'm a 20+ year web application developer (primarily .Net/C#) living in the southeastern US.

Looking forward to becoming a member of this community.

VivaR3V

Neo Member
Hi, older gamer who has been quietly visiting this forum for a number of years until things seemed to get a little out of hand. I know it’s hard to know when to agree to disagree, without resorting to a blanket ban of an alternative view. That’s the only concern I have for forums these days, all voices thrown into a bottle and only those who speak the language of the bottle-neck can be heard.

Loving all things gaming, even Stadia. Hopefully that’s a safe view to hold?

Top Bottom