• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Parasite Eve 3 is for Cell Phones WHAT THE ***ING **** SQUARE!? Thread

ZeoVGM

Banned
closed07.jpg

So after what, 7 years, Square has finally announced Parasite Eve 3. Probably the second most "ignored Square franchise sequel" behind Chrono 3.

And it's for cell phones.

Me? I've been waiting for this more than Chrono 3. To me, this is like them announcing Chrono 3 for cell phones.

So, I ask the following:

WHAT THE **** SQUARE?

What are they doing? :[

So uh, we can use this thread to bitch and moan about it, instead of cluttering up the Party thread.

Don't suppose we could all try bitching to Square about this and maybe they'll have a heart and realize how badly people want this to be a console game, and change it? :[

This is easily the worst thing of all time, unless they put Chrono 3 on Ngage or something

...hey look I probably gave them an idea

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

WHAT???

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Next up Einhander 2 is for N-gage

ZeoVGM

Banned
ManaByte said:
Maybe they could port it to the DS?

It's not even that, it's the fact that I think most fans want to see this continued on at LEAST the Wii.

The series has been about atmosphere and STORY. You CAN'T do that on a cell phone.

In the case of DQ9, whatever. No one plays DQ for the story and it's almost always been behind the curve graphically.

But PE3 belongs on at least the Wii.

in all fairness, there never would be a console sequel anyway, with nomura and everybody tied up and obviously not motivated to work on another. may as well go to mobile, which is big in japan and not that bad, really

edit: what the fcuk is she doing to that gun.

ManaByte said:
Maybe they could port it to the DS?

If FF13:Agito is anything to go by, I'm thinking the DS won't be nearly powerful enough to handle it.

drohne said:
no worse than dx9 on ds, really. i approve of the gun-fellation here exhibited, btw

That's the weakest comparison ever. There will be another DQ game, and it may be on a console. However, there probably won't ever be a PE4. Hell, it's a miracle we're getting PE3 in the first place, and it's an opportunity being completely wasted. So no, not even remotely the same thing.

Yoboman

How are the Japanese board responding? Do they actually play cell-phone games or are Square trying to cater to a non existant market?

test_account

XP-39C²
Hehe, get your cellphones ready! :D

I think its wierd that they release it for cellphone only, but its cheaper to produce. Maybe its comming for console(s) later :)

ZeoVGM

Banned
drohne said:
no worse than dx9 on ds, really. i approve of the gun-fellation here exhibited, btw

This is absolutely worse.

a) This means we won't get it in America at all. We'll get DQ9.

b) Again, DQ isn't about graphics or story. PE, the entire IDEA behind it was an "interactive movie". Or at least, that's what they WANTED to get across. Go look at the back of the PS1 box. They can finally achieve what they wanted with the original on the new systems, but put it on a ****in' cell phone.

BocoDragon

test_account said:
Maybe its comming for console(s) later :)

God I hope so... the art is kinda good.

Honestly who are we kidding? you know they'll spin this off 8 million times in the next 5 years to other platforms.

Seriously if that poster art was like... the actual cover for this game on next-gen consoles... oh my god, I don't know what I'd do. It would be the greatest day ever and actually FEEL like a return to form for Square.

But this is definitely the Square-Enix that we all love. Jesus Christ.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Honest question.

Is there a site where we can bitch in e-mails to Square? Obviously it probably wouldn't do anything, but it's worth a try imo.

PE is one of my favorite games ever. :[

BocoDragon

brandonh83 said:
Seriously if that poster art was like... the actual cover for this game on next-gen consoles... oh my god, I don't know what I'd do. It would be the greatest day ever and actually FEEL like a return to form for Square.

But this is definitely the Square-Enix that we all love. Jesus Christ.

Agreed. This looks really interesting.. like the logical evolution of late-90s experiemental Square.... The only part that sucks is DOCOMO!!!

BocoDragon said:
Agreed. This looks really interesting.. like the logical evolution of late-90s experiemental Square.... The only part that sucks is DOCOMO!!!

I don't even know what this DOCOMO PARADOXOMOV crap is either, ugh this just pisses me off. And yes I will be a whiny bitch about it until a video goes up on Youtube of the person responsible for this having their nuts submitted to a jackhammer

God I even did great on my college exams you'd think they'd at least put this on Wii for my hard work, hell why not Dreamcast, it would be better than this

I'll buy this game, if it includes a suicide pill

AT LEAST DQ9 WILL GET BOX ART

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
dq9 isn't an exact parallel -- as omg rite points out, non-japanese will have the option of playing that one -- but in terms of a significant game appearing on a totally inappropriate platform, this is the dq9 announcement unclouded by platform loyalties. unless of course there are docomo apologists who'll stop in momentarily to tell us that we aren't REAL FANS if we object

Borys

Banned
I feel you guys :(

That's what I felt when I heard about Deus Ex 2, Thief 3 and Fallout 3 going to them Xboxes.

Sadness, anger, hopelessness.

DieH@rd

Banned
omg rite said:
So after what, 7 years, Square has finally announced Parasite Eve 3. Probably the second most "ignored Square franchise sequel" behind Chrono 3.

My vote for "most ignored Square franchise sequel" goes to Vagrant Story...

SILENT HILL 5 ON THE PLAYSKOOL TURBO COMETNUCLEUS, BITCHES

Hey at least we get eight Final Fantasy XIII related titles and more shitty spinoffs

Back when it was first revealed that Square was merging with Enix, I just thought hey, same creative minds, more horsepower! Little did I know that their brains would be replaced with cheddar cheese and beef jerky. Okay I could have probably thought of something more clever than that, but I'm just pissed. :lol

painey

at the very least it is good news they are going back to the series, and hopefully we will get a next gen version if there is big interest in this.

angelfly

When I saw the topic and read "Parasite Eve 3" I said "OMG OMG OMG" then when I saw "for Cell Phones" rage began to fill my veins.

drohne said:
dq9 isn't an exact parallel -- as omg rite points out, non-japanese will have the option of playing that one -- but in terms of a significant game appearing on a totally inappropriate platform, this is the dq9 announcement unclouded by platform loyalties. unless of course there are docomo apologists who'll stop in momentarily to tell us that we aren't REAL FANS if we object

I can't speak for others - as for myself, they could release it on a toaster for all I care, as long as I stood some reasonable chance of being able to play the game in english.

but in terms of a significant game appearing on a totally inappropriate platform, this is the dq9 announcement unclouded by platform loyalties.

I fail to see the 'inappropriacy' of the platform that DQ9 is appearing on. If anything, the turn-based gameplay that the DQ series is known for (and DQ9 is retaining) is a good fit for handhelds and their nature of 'short burst' gameplay.

I don't know anything about how they're actually handling PE3's development, so I can't comment on the 'appropriateness' of the system.

Izzy

Banned
drohne said:
no worse than dq9 on ds, really.

drohne said:

Indeed - which begs question: would you buy FFVII-2 if it was for PSP?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
The more I think about it, you guys should really count your blessings since the DS is as popular as it is. Otherwise, we'd have a lot more announcements like this, I'd wager.

Top Bottom