• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Punch-Out!! Thread of Reliving Our Childhoods

HUELEN10

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Soda Popinski's music is completly awesome. Best Punch-Out!! remix ever.
Nah, Glass joe's is mint....

BTW, anyone have any links to these culturally-enhanced fight tunes?

OH SHIT THE DREAM FIGHT!!!
And they say there are two more!!!!

GOTY for me!

HUELEN10 said:
Nah, Glass joe's is mint....

BTW, anyone have any links to these culturally-enhanced fight tunes?

Yeah, I also love Glass Joe's.

What has done the compositor with the punch-out theme is just outstanding.

Aaron Strife said:
re: dream fight

Supposedly Donkey Kong is actually the first of three fighters in a final story mode called "Last Stand"

So, any idea on who
the other two fighters are?

I don't know if there actually are
two more, it was just mentioned that you fight three random fighters in Last Stand, and Donkey Kong was one of them.

EmCeeGramr said:
I don't know if there actually are
two more, it was just mentioned that you fight three random fighters in Last Stand, and Donkey Kong was one of them.
Where was that mentioned?

OP Updated, BTW.

Captain N

Little Mac needs to be an actual playable character in the next Smash Bros. and his final smash will just be 3 star punches.

In the past weekend, my hype for this game has gone from zero to 150 in 2 seconds flat. I can't wait for Amazon to get me my copy!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
pakkit said:
I traded in Klonoa for this game, so it better rock.
no offense, but I can't imagine you got anywhere near enough for Klonoa for that trade to be worth it. I really would have tried sucking up the $10-15 and kept it. :(

pakkit

Banned
I beat Klonoa, the extras didn't do enough to keep me. It was a great game, I'm just horrendously poor.

borghe said:
no offense, but I can't imagine you got anywhere near enough for Klonoa for that trade to be worth it. I really would have tried sucking up the $10-15 and kept it. :(
I paid 15 dollars for it, I got 14 back.

rareside said:
I'd like to think I'm pretty knowledgeable on Nintendo's history, but I never even knew about this game.
That's because Nintendo didn't make it.

Brashnir

Wii Will Rock U said:
THERE ARE TWO MORE?
OMG.

My bets?
Mario and Captain Falcon

If you have to fight Mario, and his moves are Mario's actual moves repurposed for boxing, (jumping on your head, hitting you with a turtle shell, throwing fireballs at you, etc.) I'm going to fucking lose it.

Brashnir said:
If you have to fight Mario, and his moves are Mario's actual moves repurposed for boxing, (jumping on your head, hitting you with a turtle shell, throwing fireballs at you, etc.) I'm going to fucking lose it.
As would I Brashnir, as would I.

BIG BUBBA

Did I mention it's time to cancel my Ratchet and Clank preorder yet?
Is this definitely going to be in stores tomorrow, or is tomorrow just the ship date?

pakkit

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
But reviewers told me that they're not good for anything after Glass Joe! Why would they lie?
Tilt controls are also awful for Mario Kart Wii, according to aforementioned reviewers, yet I get my ass handed to me routinely online by Wii Wheel
ab
users.

How could she slap?

So at the end theres only one dream fight? :(

I hate that stupid monkey and all his irritating family (not the games), so I wouldnt like it to be the final opponent

Captain N

SpacePirate Ridley said:
So at the end theres only one dream fight? :(

I hate that stupid monkey and all his irritating family (not the games), so I wouldnt like it to be the final opponent

Well in the video...
He is in the ring all by himself with 3 empty corners! One can only hope!

Yes Boss!

Stormwatch said:
It looks like Amazon has changed their in-stock date to May 21st. Screwed again...

I've got a delivery estimate of the 21st. That is assuming it goes out tomorrow. But, that always changes and I'm expecting them to ship today.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Doesn't Target usually have Nintendo games that ship on Monday in-stock on Monday? It's been that way for the past big releases. Why hasn't anyone gone to Target yet?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
LunaticPuma said:
Doesn't Target usually have Nintendo games that ship on Monday in-stock on Monday? It's been that way for the past big releases. Why hasn't anyone gone to Target yet?
it completely depends on their location. I imagine stores in/around redmond/seattle get Nintendo games on monday. Here in the midwest I have virtually NEVER seen a game show up before Tuesday.

Struct09

More people need to get this game so they can tell me all the knockout secrets!

I practiced a bit the other day and figured out how to TKO
Super Macho Man
in the first round. And I nearly did it without getting hit.

Raw64life

I'm in New York and will be checking a few stores today but I fully expect there to be no Punch-Out!! in sight as New York never gets anything early or even on time.

Struct09

Raw64life said:
I'm in New York and will be checking a few stores today but I fully expect there to be no Punch-Out!! in sight as New York never gets anything early or even on time.

The Nintendo World Store should have it if you're in NYC

Top Bottom