• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official Sonic the Hedgehog twitter just posted a peculiar message.

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/697130115751280640

Cay0JWGUEAAul_i.png

"The key lies with @madeon. Good luck."

Music related? Hidden game announcement?

Edit: Inverted colours with full text:

C8OlK7m.png

Camjo-Z

I seem to recall a tweet where Madeon expressed his love for Sonic Adventure 2 and the Sonic Twitter said they should work together on something.

Banned
Sonic Adventure 3 confirmed. To just be branded Sonic Adventure. Sonic told me himself.

random25

The first 5 words of the message in the picture seem to read as "the secret is inside the..."

Haha...dunno.

It looks like:
hello hugo
the secret is inside the empire
we can get it back

Made me think of this (Fez spoiler):

E5NTqQH.gif

TVGamer

Neo Member
I think the next word is Empire? The secret is inside the empire?

Yeah, it says the "secret is inside the empire, we can get it back". Maybe Madeon is composing music for the next game? Or remixing a few songs for the 25th anniversary? Either would be really cool.

BiggNife

I'm assuming this is some kind of Madeon Sonic remix album in honor of the anniversary

I would not get your hopes up for this being related to a new game

It would be cool if Sonic Adventure 3 was a thing, or ports to PSV/WiiU/PS4 since I don't have my PS3/GC hooked up. Feel nostalgic for it after watching the Conpletionist videos.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
HELLO HUGO
THE SECRET IS INSIDE THE EMPIRE
WE CAN GET IT BACK
THE FATED SON OF DAEDALUS
ADD THE NUMBERS

It's probably more red herring stuff, just playing on that his album is called Adventure and that they've interacted before.

I'd love to be wrong though because his music is pretty damn cool and he does have a history of being featured in games (most notably PSASBR iirc).

nikeboy94

Guys I inverted the colours and changed the saturation of the image. There's more text.
C8OlK7m.png

Edit: Nevermind seems like Geek has got the full message.

WPS

HELLO HUGO
THE SECRET IS INSIDE THE EMPIRE
WE CAN GET IT BACK
THE FATED SON OF DAEDALUS
ADD THE NUMBERS

Dang, ninja'd. What I got agrees with this stuff though.

The letter K in this font looks a lot like several other consonents, so I kept thinking "ok, next ones K - oh god damn it Ruby if this starts talking about knuckles wait nevermind".

Edit: OK, Daedelus is from Greek mythology, he had a few sons, most notably Icarus.

Gosh, all this ARgame shenanigans has me unexpectedly excited. I hope we actually get a new, good Sonic game this year, whether it's Sonic Adventure 3 or something else.

Top Bottom