• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Wii Games of 2008 Thread

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
wii-games-2008-thread-march3.jpg

The following titles may or may not fit the following description: potentially fuggin awesome, deep 3rd-party efforts, diamonds-in-the-rough, must-buys, exclusive titles, ports with relevant waggle, and original content. It's just as likely that the selected titles worthy of notice are completely horrible games that make it hard to be a Wii owner. But who knows?

*All dates are approximate, for the US, and are subject to change w/o warning*

Amir0x said:
If THIS is what qualifies as "quality 3rd party software" at this point, then it's no wonder 95% of your list thread is atrocious because you have no standards.

I love love love that the Wii dream has basically turned from unbridled enthusiasm over the revolutions the wiimote could bring to desperate port shilling from the hardliners.

*Release Archive may be found at the bottom of this post*

APRIL

castle-shiki-banner.jpg

MAY

prize-fighther-banner.jpg
speedracer-banner.jpg

JUNE

lego-indiana-banner.jpg

[Guitar Hero III: Aerosmith]

JULY

[NCAA Football 09]

AUGUST

sambadeamwiigo-banner.jpg
starwarsforceunleashed-banner.jpg

[Madden NFL 09]

Q4 / TBA

fatalframeiV.jpg
rockbandwii-banner.jpg
majesticmarch-banner.jpg
wiiware-eternitys-child-banner.jpg

[NCAA Football 09]
[MADDEN 09]

ARCHIVE
CLICK ON THE BANNER FOR THE OFFICIAL MONTHLY RELEASE LIST!

=================
Notes:

Any help finding links to "official threads" or screenie posts (Wii Screenshot Thread) would be greatly appreciated. Or, if people would like to make a single post of vital info for a particular game (Name/Release Date/Synopsis/Links to Screens/etc), I can link them to the appropriate banner. Perhaps this can be a nice little hub-thread where we can reach every appropriate official thread while still providing an easily understood list of hype and dreams. Might take a lot of work though. Any help is appreciated.

Enjoy!

The Official Wii Thread Suite
[ ] Wii Screen Shot Thread (56k no)
[ ] The Official Wii Games of 2008 Thread
[ ] Bundles of Awesome - The Official WiiWare Discussion Thread
[ ] Wii Budget Gaming Thread
[ ] Ultimate Awesome Wii Virtual Console Discussion

============

THE PLAYSTATION 3'S 2008 THREAD <<-- Click here to see how the PS3 is doing in the same period.
THE 360'S 2008 THREAD <<-- Click here to see how the 360 is doing in the same period.

Jammy

Banned
Wii Fit is coming in January?

Anyhow, that month looks alright... nothing that says instant purchase... but February looks great with No More Heroes, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Harvest Moon (confirmed?), etc.

sphinx

the piano man
great presentation, Panther. The banners look cool.

can someone please explain what this game " Katana " is about? Why did it make it to this list?

also: Is this a " US releases only " list? you should mention it. There are loads of europeans in this forum.

sphinx said:
Is this a " US releases only " list? you should mention it. There are loads of europeans in this forum.
Europeans should just assume we're not talking about them unless they are specifically addressed. Go to your fancy French forums if you want to be coddled.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Firestorm said:
Brawl in February. Who cares what happens next.
edit: You and your stealth edit >=(
:lol

I suddenly remembered that Nintendo and most other companies aren't revealing dates now until the last 2-3 months before games come out, or in Nintendo's case even games. :\

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I hope Nitro Bike is fun, I can never get enough of EXCITE! It seems like I will be buying plenty of games early next year.

sphinx

the piano man
Kobun Heat said:
Europeans should just assume we're not talking about them unless they are specifically addressed. Go to your fancy French forums if you want to be coddled.

sorry pal, I am on THIS* side of the ocean :p . I am just thoughtful and educated.

(* America )

Xellos

February is going to be a nice month for Wii. I kind of doubt that Bully will make it out by then, though. Rockstar haven't talked about that game since they announced it. No media either. Maybe they'll start hyping it after the new year.

Also, don't forget Spore for later in the year. Edit: or the Lego Indy & Batman games.

ethelred

Definitely some swanky logos there. Maybe have those link to Youtube trailers of the different games?

sphinx said:
also: Is this a " US releases only " list? you should mention it. There are loads of europeans in this forum.

Can't you just do a search for last year's thread? That should cover it.

Xellos

Game-Biz said:
Wait, what the fuck? Bully is comming to Wii? When the hell was this announced?

Back in July. Rockstar is calling it Scholarship Edition, as it will feature new content. Also coming to 360.

JoeMartin

Oh how expensive February will be.

Definites:
-Brawl
-No More Heroes
-Bully

Possibilities:
-DQS
-Wii Fit
-Baroque
-Harvest Moon
-Nitro Bike

nice logos. but isnt the wiifit in january 1 just a placeholder date?

looking forward most to no more heroes but also brawl and wiifit. i would buy sonic riders or sega tennis if they were wifi games but i dont think they are

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Edit: Just read OP properly, you want expected great rather than all Wii games. I am the corporate shill :(

Tenbatsu

Wonder whats Capcom Japan line up for the Wii next year will be since 5 out of 6 of their games are already out in japan. Cant wait.

Polari

Mario said:
Edit: Just read OP properly, you want expected great rather than all Wii games. I am the corporate shill :(

I think if we've got room for Don King Presents: Prizefighter we've surely got room for Speed Racer.

Wellington represent, yay.

Lobster said:
Rumour wasn't it?
Could be. Dunno, I just remember the story was spread and the last vids on IGN we saw showed a very lacking product (poor gfx and really bad framerate) so I thought it was valid.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Tristam said:
2008 doesn't look very strong, but Brawl's longevity should take care of that. Very nice thread Panther.
Well knowing Nintendo there is probably a lot of unannounced games.

Polari

Tristam said:
2008 doesn't look very strong, but Brawl's longevity should take care of that. Very nice thread Panther.

In all fairness though, Nintendo are undoubtedly sitting on more than a few announcements (I doubt they're going to go into Holiday '08 empty handed) and this thread doesn't include any WiiWare titles.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i'm looking out for the monkey king, hotd 2+3, star soldier, shikigami III (though i may go 360), and possibly nmh

Tristam

Polari said:
In all fairness though, Nintendo are undoubtedly sitting on more than a few announcements (I doubt they're going to go into Holiday '08 empty handed) and this thread doesn't include any WiiWare titles.

A few announcements doesn't necessarily translate into a few 2008 releases (in fact it most probably wouldn't).

But you're right about WiiWare. I just hope that Bomberman rocks (even if it's a Bomberman Live clone it'd be perfectly fine). If that's the case, my 2008 purchases would be:

-Super Smash Bros. Brawl
-No More Heroes
-Bomberman
-Star Soldier R

And possibly DQ Swords.

Top Bottom