• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official WipEout HD thrEad of unEcessary captilization

dejay

Banned
andydumi said:
Is Zone mode, one lap per Zone? I am unclear still on how it works...

From a video I saw, it seemed there are more than 1 zone per lap - unless it was the way it was cut or I was totally mesmerized by the psychedelia.

DrPirate

Banned
andydumi said:
Is Zone mode, one lap per Zone? I am unclear still on how it works...

A zone is a segment of a track.

a lap commonly consists of anywhere from 4 to 7 or so zones. Really dependent on track length.

DrPirate said:
A zone is a segment of a track.

a lap commonly consists of anywhere from 4 to 7 or so zones. Really dependent on track length.
Really? I was under the impression a zone was a range of speed. Zone 1 500-600, Zone 2 600-700, etc...

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Wipeout was the very first game I got fro my Psone. I remember playing it for days at a time without turining of my PS because I didn't have a memory card. I can't wait for this.

gbovo said:
This has to be the absolute BEST footage of Zone on the web.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/player.php?mode=article&id=1896
If anyone knows what software I can use to download this video, I greatly appreciate it. (DownloadHelper doesn't work on it)

tracing through...
right-click and save
http://dl.uksites.futureus.com/cvg/video/1896/wipeout_zone_hq.wmv

edit: holy shit is that lovely. And is it just me, or is the game mixing in a highpass filter whenever he goes off a jump? I didn't think my hypelevel could go up but it just did.

Ike

PissBOX, PeeS2, or Toiletcube
I'm gonna need a good amount of Wacky Tabaccy on the 25th when the game comes out. The graphics demand it.

FightyF

Banned
Bugnology said:
Can't wait for this WipeOut, but why so much pink in this pic?

Don't have a link handy, but check out the latest zone mode movies (the earlier ones have been changed due to the epilepsy testing). There's a whole rainbow of colours.

ALL IN 1080P AT 60FPS BABY.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Lord I was gonna wait on a buy for this since I'm trying to pay off pre-orders. So excited it's sick. One of the best DL games ever.

Will this have a custom soundtrack or will it be recycled stuff? No problem since SCE always picks out great music for a WipeOut game.

Raziel

LOL my 2 month ban ended today for posting a fake release date for this game, and its still not out :lol owned. anyway cant wait for this next week

Firewire

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
Lord I was gonna wait on a buy for this since I'm trying to pay off pre-orders. So excited it's sick. One of the best DL games ever.

Will this have a custom soundtrack or will it be recycled stuff? No problem since SCE always picks out great music for a WipeOut game.
Digitaly remastered tunes from Pure and Pulse in 5.1 audio. The game also supports custom sound tracks! Check out the OP for a link to a thread of awesome tunes!

For the love of god, fix this in the OP:

videos.png

Tendo

Never played a wipeout before. It looks beautiful and reminds me of Fzero...I'm sure it plays differently but how do the two compare? What can I expect jumping in next week?

Raziel

Tendo said:
Never played a wipeout before. It looks beautiful and reminds me of Fzero...I'm sure it plays differently but how do the two compare? What can I expect jumping in next week?
its basically f-zero with weapons, so there's just as much emphasis on messing up your competitors as there is on the racing. also the whole game has a much slicker, cooler presentation - everything from the euro-dance club/techno soundtrack to the ice-themed menus to the british-accented race announcer.

FightyF

Banned
raziel said:
its basically f-zero with weapons, so there's just as much emphasis on messing up your competitors as there is on the racing. also the whole game has a much slicker, cooler presentation - everything from the euro-dance club/techno soundtrack to the ice-themed menus to the british-accented race announcer.

It also has a coherent physics system and isn't a hack job like F-Zero. Thus more nuance and greater learning curve.

EktorPR

Any website where I could find these tracks for download (especially "Smart Systems" and the Kraftwerk track)? I've been searching but so far nothing. :/

spoon!

EktorPR said:
Any website where I could find these tracks for download (especially "Smart Systems" and the Kraftwerk track)? I've been searching but so far nothing. :/
the kraftwerk track you're after is called Aero Dynamik, if that helps at all. The soundtrack for wipeoutHD is practically lifted from pulse..

LiK

hey guys, please dont compare f-zero to wipeout. both are great games.

btw, did anyone see the pickups thread? someone in europe got the retail version of quest for booty and that is $14.99 on PSN. makes me wonder about a wipeout hd retail version.

Top Bottom