• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official X06 Barcelona (360) Summary Thread

Amir0x

Banned
yea, i saw the videos. Besides the hideously ugly artstyle, I don't find it anymore impressive technically than, say, Saint's Row. Ok, maybe that's undercutting it a bit but it's not much ahead imo

Amir0x said:
yea, i saw the videos. Besides the hideously ugly artstyle, I don't find it anymore impressive technically than, say, Saint's Row. Ok, maybe that's undercutting it a bit but it's not much ahead imo

Crackdown = Saint's Row in technical visuals? Now who's crazy?

Amir0x

Banned
Shogmaster said:
Crackdown = Saint's Row in technical visuals? Now who's crazy?

I didn't say equal, I said not much more impressive. It has scale over Saint's Row, clearly, but other than that it's really not something that's making my jawdrop in the least. And as I said, on top of that, you have to deal with one of the most unattractive art styles I've ever seen in this type of game and so that also hurts the package.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I like bits of crackdown, i like clambering up buildings, and morphing cars and the character development stuff, also technically, it looks superb, after Saints Row where the frame rate drops whenever you push a sports car to top speed, this looks silky smooth and i didnt even notice any pop-in, Volition will have to quit whining about streaming speeds...but the floaty phyisics kills the experience, it makes it look like there's no power behind your kicks. Im also worried about the narrative, I know there's a story and i know theres some neat things going on with letting you take care of business in any order you like. But I've heard no dialog, no soundtrack, no cutscenes, nothing. Sandbox gameplay is cool, but it does NEED the rest to make a complete product imo.

m0dus

Banned
speaking of looking damn good... (for those of you missing it in the other thread)

http://www.xboxfront.de/screenshots-945-2739-Forza_Motorsport_2.html
http://www.xboxfront.de/screenshots-945-2740-Forza_Motorsport_2.html

bilder26761uf5.jpg

bilder26771vh9.jpg

Mrbob

Shogmaster said:
Call me crazy but that footage of Crackdown looks as good as Gears of War (in a totally different way of course). @_o

You're not crazy. Amir0x am cry. Crackdown number one MGS game at the moment. :D

IJoel

Those FM2 images look great. I'm still baffled we haven't gotten a great trailer from MGS, other than those garbage prerendered ones.

mikeGFG

Banned
I actually watched that Shadowrun footage earlier (sans subs). I was kind of hoping they'd show off some more Tech and Magic upgrades besides the stuff we saw at E3. And considering the less-than-impressive graphics, you would think they would ditch the baked in lighting for something dynamic. oh well.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I'm afraid I missed the whole party. Can we get a list with all the banned in the summary? Also, is Halo Wars console exclusive? Like, really?

Odysseus

Banned
Yeah, Halo Wars is console exclusive. Which means Microsoft will announce the PC release a year or so after the 360 version ships.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Odysseus said:
Yeah, Halo Wars is console exclusive. Which means Microsoft will announce the PC release a year or so after the 360 version ships.

One of the fundamental driving forces in the development of the game is to build an RTS around the 360 controller, so there will be no PC version of this game.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Stinkles said:
One of the fundamental driving forces in the development of the game is to build an RTS around the 360 controller, so there will be no PC version of this game.

Did you check out any of the "Age of Empires 360" demos they supposedly fashioned as a controls proof of concept?

Odysseus

Banned
Stinkles said:

Well, you would be in a position to know more than anyone here, of course. But the 360 controller works on PC, too!

K_S

Banned
too much cg and sony bashing for my taste

you wont win any new fans with an attitude like that, ms

ac was really cool tho

Odysseus

Banned
K_S said:

ac was really cool tho

Yeah, that's practically all they did. Let's see, they... well, there was that whole 5 day not 5 month thing, and uh... I don't think Barcelonaton counts... and... anyway, it was just way too much.

K_S

Banned
there was something about 1080p in the begining, the 5 days not 5 months thing, the 300 cars on disc, ps3 owners can enjoy spiderman 2 on blu-ray instead of bioshock etc

almost like they're scared or something

Odysseus

Banned
K_S said:
there was something about 1080p in the begining, the 5 days not 5 months thing, the 300 cars on disc, ps3 owners can enjoy spiderman 2 on blu-ray instead of bioshock etc

The 1080p certainly was no jab at Sony, unless you consider taking away parts or all of a bulletpoint to be an unfair attack. I'll give you the two jokes, and the Spider-Man 2 thing wasn't even in the conference. It was a joke from someone in PR to IGN, I think. I mean, come on. That's too much Sony bashing for your taste?

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
K_S said:

Or holding what everyone agrees was the most entertaining conference?

At least they didn't claim the PSP was outselling the DS or anything.

Oh snap.

K_S

Banned
Odysseus said:
That's too much Sony bashing for your taste?

1 jab - haha funny
2 jabs - hehe ok now
3 jabs - JESUS CHRIST IS THIS CONFERENCE ABOUT YOU OR THEM?!

SnakeXs said:
At least they didn't claim the PSP was outselling the DS or anything.

nope they said 60% of the euro market was xbox which is even more of a lie than psp outselling ds :lol

GhaleonEB

K_S said:

ac was really cool tho
It's not surprising at all that the only "cool" game you call out is availabe on the PS3 at all. That's not a transparent troll, not one bit.

K_S said:

Or maybe they have a good point on all of those bases. And at least they have a sense of humor about the jabs, rather than FUD like "the PS3 is about real change", or "the HD-era begins when we hit the market" or "unlike other systems, Playstation 3 is not an incremental upgrade" etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

K_S said:
1 jab - haha funny
2 jabs - hehe ok now
3 jabs - JESUS CHRIST IS THIS CONFERENCE ABOUT YOU OR THEM?!
Right, because three one sentence jokes derails the entire one-hour conference. Then again, your three posts managed to derail this thread....

K_S

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
It's not surprising at all that the only "cool" game you call out is availabe on the PS3 at all. That's not a transparent troll, not one bit.

Or maybe they have a good point on all of those bases. And at least they have a sense of humor about the jabs, rather than FUD like "the PS3 is about real change", or "the HD-era begins when we hit the market" or "unlike other systems, Playstation 3 is not an incremental upgrade" etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

Right, because three one sentence jokes derails the entire one-hour conference. Then again, your three posts managed to derail this thread....

did i say ac was the only "cool" game? :lol

ac, bioshock, kane & lynch to name a few (happy now?)

you've been on edge ever since x06, calm down man

JMPovoa

Holy shit! I just saw the Assassin's Creed demo from the X06 Press Conference given by Jade and her buddy (who was actually demoing the game) and i'm blown away by the game. The trailer that was shown in websites and on Xbox live doesn't give you anywhere near the idea of how mindblowing this game is. Colour me impressed. (i didn't check all of this topic's pages, someone problably has already commented on this, but just want to give my opinion on it)

Top Bottom