• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggandI

Banned
I am so glad dudley is finally confirmed. Balrog is a shitty character and now I'll get to play a boxer that's not a boring easy mode bitch.

Dudley doing the dempsy roll = :D

deadmuffin said:
am I the only one that isn't bothered by dudley's voice? It seems close to the classy british guy stereotype, which he is.

In 3 he sounded like a big guy, in this he sounds dainty. Balrog's voice and sound effects are intimidating but there's not a lot of emphasis put on anything with Dudley's VA. "Corkscrew......blow" looks amazing but the voice doesn't come near to matching the intensity of the move. I guess you could argue it's how a gentleman would said it, though.

After watching the video several times over, having a small heart attack, ruining several pairs of pants, these are my observations:

3S crew is going to run roughshod over everyone else, as is proper.

Their animations and character models are superior, as is proper.

Their remixes are excellent.

Only thing I'm wondering at this point is, is there a PS3 -> PS2 converter or something? I really want to use my TE stick to practice 3rd Strike.

Obligatory:

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

CAPCOM YOU REMEMBERED US, THE 3S FAITHFUL, AND YOU MADE THEM GOOD FUCK YEA

Kronotech

Damn this looks amazing. I seriously am so impressed with Capcom and how they have handled this game. They are really pulling out all the stops!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
KuroNeeko said:
Fei Long, Fuerte, Gen, Gouken, Rose and the lower tier of SFIV are going to need a lot of tweaking to make them more attractive than the new cast.

The world will realize the true hotness of the SF3 crop.

But yes, there are many characters who will need some help to keep them attractive and fun to play in my eyes, or even try.

KuroNeeko

Raging Spaniard said:
Sooo, what dont you know?

My problem with Dudleys English voice is that they changed his tone. His original voice is deep and they decide that sounding like a British eunuch is gonna work for the better? Its just flawed thinking there.

I wasn't into fighting games during 3S, so I don't have the same attachment to the character as you, but I did go and check out his 3S VA through YouTube. I agree about the english VO, but to be honest, I used all japanese VOs in SFIV (except for Cammy) so I'm not feeling the pain...

I'm saying that the overall (apparent) polish of the new challengers, particularly Juri and the 3Sers, seems to make them much more desirable than the original cast. I can understand this to some degree since Capcom really needs that new character bling bling to push the sales but when I read a comment like Seth's over on the new GameSpot article where he says...

Seth Killian said:
They're actually among the most highly developed characters in the entire game; they have really large and flexible move sets to draw from.

I feel a bit worried.

Of course, that comment is not a bad thing but when you look at some of the older cast, especially some of the less frequently used characters - their game looks a bit more one-dimensional...combine that with the fact that the new characters just plain LOOK great I'm wondering if people are still going to bother with Claw, Rose, Cammy, or Gen...

I'm not trying to be negative, I just hope that they've upped everyone's game (especially since they can't go back and redo the old character models like Rose's hair.)

dankir

elevenstrings said:
borat.jpg

Exactly sounds like Borat and Wario mixed together... seriously Capcom!!! Thumbs down and he's supposed to be an oiled up flamboyant wrestler lol oh man.

In any case they should have called it Corkscrew Vortex, how the hell does the person stay spinning like that. In any case yall are fucked, so just give up right now Dudley looks like a monster :)

I live his first throw, two hooks to the body and then step in and hook to the head. Looks fantastic, elbow is in line with the forearm and he turns his hips and torso in, that's great form!!! Boxing is all about the hips and leg movement.

I'm sparring on Friday let's see if I can land some of his target combos during my fight lol

KuroNeeko said:
Fei Long, Fuerte, Gen, Gouken, Rose and the lower tier of SFIV are going to need a lot of tweaking to make them more attractive than the new cast.

I wouldn't put fuerte there. winter spark is going to be an interesting ultra to have.

Between Fei Long's Ultra 2 being a counter and Dudley being the ultimate shit, I think I'm going to have to drop my old main.

3rd Strike is going to shit all over the old cast. That's why there's no old school characters in New Generation, Dudley and Ibuki ripped them all apart.

oh man, I hope they do fix Honda's recovery after his HP Headbutt (which Balrog, Blanka, Ken, Bison could punish him)

because I can see Dudley, Ibuki and Makoto just rushing him down

vanilla characters will seriously need some extra tools

I am gonna play as:
-Dudley
-Ibuki
-Makoto
-Adon
&
-E.Honda

robut said:
This vid is so weird, no music, ambient animal sounds and Dudley's off putting new voice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjy4OvLntlQ

I've not complained about anything SSF4 related but I'm not feeling Dudley's voice right now. I like the "keep it classy" delivery but everything else sounds lame.

Well let's hear the Japanese voice before we pass judgement. IMO the dubbed voices in 4 were hit and miss, and I stuck to the Japanese voicework throughout my 500 hours with the game.

IIRC the voices for Ken, Ryu, etc. have been the same actors from 3s, so the same might hold true for Dudley.

While I don't think the new voice is bad, his voice in 3rd Strike was absolutely perfect. Hell, they could have just ripped the ten year old samples from 3s for all I care, they are just too good.

DryEyeRelief said:
I know Ryu isn't true because the 3s ryu VA is sf4 gouken.

Hmmm well then the book is out on his Japanese voice. I am really crossing my fingers it's the same guy from 3s. To me that guy -is- Dudley and it will be hard to accept any substitutes.

riskVSreward said:
The Xbox version has to be played with an Xbox controller... :shudders:

I used to have two Magic Box converter boxes that allowed you to use Sega Saturn pads, or Hori PS2 sticks.

I sold them a while back along with my Xbox. I think I got 50 bucks a piece back in 2006, and they are probably rare as hell now.

Bottom line though you will find next to no competition over Xbox Live anymore. Your best bet is emulation and GGPO.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Ducarmel said:
2uzwlkl.gif

Another gif took out some of the flashy background to keep the file smaller. I'll work on something from Ibuki.
After Makoto's first punch, the second camera angle focus on her tightening her left fist. I've realized that fact after my 10th viewing or so...

Man, watching this video is problematic. Every time I see a 3S character I think "I'm going to main ______ now!"

I can't main Ibuki, Dudley, and Makoto! D:

FlightOfHeaven said:
Man, watching this video is problematic. Every time I see a 3S character I think "I'm going to main ______ now!"

I'm going with Adon. I played more of the 3 series than I did Alpha, but I've always liked Adon.

Too bad there's no Rolento.

Cowie

I know the videos are plastered with work in progress warnings, but... the collision detection on Makoto's Karakusa is really horrible at this point. Her hands are nowhere near anybody's neck when she does it.

Nitpicky I guess, but it was much easier for me to post my one grievance than a page of excitement.

Cowie said:
I know the videos are plastered with work in progress warnings, but... the collision detection on Makoto's Karakusa is really horrible at this point. Her hands are nowhere near anybody's neck when she does it.

Nitpicky I guess, but it was much easier for me to post my one grievance than a page of excitement.

They're often no where near the characters neck in 3S either. Just looks weirder in 3D, despite it being the same problem.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
FlightOfHeaven said:

Yeah, I think I'm going to main Ibuki and minor Cody and Sakura. I'll play around with Makoto to see if I can "get" her like I couldn't in 3S, but for me it's just no contest for Ibuki. If they do Rose justice she may distract me, but for some reason I doubt they will.

FlightOfHeaven said:

This will just exacerbate my inability to pick a main in anything, leading me to get pretty good with 4-5 fighters, but not REALLY good with any. :lol

Cowie

Snapshot King said:
They're often no where near the characters neck in 3S either. Just looks weirder in 3D, despite it being the same problem.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. In 3s it almost looks more like you're grabbing their clothing (more problematic for some characters than others..), but it's more forgivable somehow. Watching it as it is in this game, it almost looks like one of Rose's throws.

The Take Out Bandit said:
I'm going with Adon. I played more of the 3 series than I did Alpha, but I've always liked Adon.

Too bad there's no Rolento.

I was playing around with Alpha 3 last night. Rolento should have made it. He would have been a beast in SF4. His jabs are godlike, we all know this is Jab Fighter 4.

alba

Little is the new Big
New avatar, get! :D

Other than duds voice which I don't really find up to snuff (japanese one will save the day though). Man I can't stop watching the trailer, the music is sooo good too :)

Krackatoa

I'm still waiting patiently for Dan info to drop, but that seems unlikely, as I don't think anyone who currently possesses a preview has any interest in the Saikyo Arts.

I needs me to know if I can link LK.Danku > Haoh Gadouken in the corner in some way... and the specifics of Hoah Gadouken. No one's given us that info yet. It looks like it does less damage the further you are away from it. :lol

I wonder if I can finally perform j.HK > s.MP xx EX Gadouken > s.MP > cr.MK xx HP.Gadouken FADC s.MP > s.MP xx EX.Gadouken > s.MP on Bison and Fuerte for lulz/profit.

Srsly. First chance I get I'm making a SSFIV Dan combo video.

CPS2

FlightOfHeaven said:
If that USB to PS2 converter happened to work...

HMMMMMMMM

Next time I order something, perhaps I'll throw that in for the ride...

They do work, I'm using one now.

edit: it came with the keyboard tho, probably won't work on all of them.

Nakazato

would have love to see elana so hey and deejay could have a bboy/bgirl dance off that blossoms in to love

he can feel the rhythm she can feel the beat in her head

KuroNeeko

KTallguy said:
Man there are so many characters now.... too bad we'll probably only see flowchart ryu ken sagat.

This just makes me think back to what Haunts said a few pages back...

Haunts said:
A day will come when this game has been released and in the hands of all of everyone in this thread. You will feel PLEASURE AND EXCITEMENT as you choose your new character, seeing who your next XBL/PSN opponent is. When you see that it is in-fact Ken Masters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom