• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jun 7, 2009
78,142
0
0
Anyone know where I can find all the Super Street Fighter IV character portraits released so far? The ones in that new line-y art style?
 

DryEyeRelief

Member
Aug 25, 2007
16,392
0
1,050
IntelliHeath said:
I don't see why you would point it out that I comment about stages an characters even it is irrelevant to what we were talking about online feature.
I said online was important, you didn't think so and questioned my scope of thought. So I in turn question the way you place significance on things. It was a cheap shot but I thought it was worthy of the avatar quote.

Characters expand the gameplay of this genre. Stages are aesthetic add ons.

It's like hearing someone say they don't want additional weapons and scenarios in L4D in favor for more movie posters.
 

bradido

Member
Oct 15, 2007
167
0
0
Atlanta, GA
For the brief time I played VF5 when it debuted, I was floored by how amazing a game held up with a dude in the UK, and me on the West Coast. I dunno how the hell they did it...
I am sure the speed of the game helped. After playing VF4 Evo, VF5 felt like playing in slo-mo. I often wonder if they slowed the game down in anticipation of online play.
 

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Mar 31, 2008
30,374
0
1,280
DryEyeRelief said:
I said online was important, you didn't think so and questioned my scope of thought. So I in turn question the way you place significance on things. It was a cheap shot but I thought it was worthy of the avatar quote.

Characters expand the gameplay of this genre. Stages are aesthetic add ons.

It's like hearing someone say they don't want additional weapons and scenarios in L4D in favor for more movie posters.
You are right that Characters does expand the gameplay of this genre, but people love stages because it is quite beautiful and artworks. There are amount of people that consider games as part of art so they want to look at details. For example, did you see meekos in African stage, you can notice meekos spinning around when character used strong attacks.

Well I think stages is great additions compare to ALTS.

Nice to know that someone love L4D, but :lol

Come on, we don't get to use movie posters but that was hilarious to compare that. I would pick weapons, level and characters over movie poster because I wouldn't sit more than 15 minutes to staring at move posters.
 

rocK`

Banned
Feb 11, 2007
2,547
0
0
fubarduck said:
This thread is a carbon-copy of the original Brawl thread when it was getting weekly updates.

After the game actually comes out, 90% of the people that posted in the thread will drop it after a month and the people who care about the game will keep playing. Then we won't have to hear any more Livejournal wishlists! :)
I brought this up and got flamed for it. It was in response to someone requesting for Geki from Sf1.
 

BotoxAgent

Member
Jun 7, 2007
6,825
0
885
arstal said:
Other games say otherwise.

For 3D- VF5 shits on SF4.
2D- GGPO, Blazblue, HDR shit on SF4

there's a reason it isn't used for Sf4, but it's not "As good as it's gonna get"

Whether it's acceptable or not is up for debate (I think it is at 3 bars and above, definitely at 4.)
I almost forgot about blazblue's godlike online
 

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Jul 1, 2009
18,776
0
0
I must say, as someone who ISNT all that crazy about achievements to beging with, if capcom really went the copy-paste route with ssf4s achievements ill be sad :/

also, I haaate these kind of nested achievements ;

A ; get all colors (5p)
B ; get all taunts (5p)
C ; get all taunts and colors (5p)

bleh, I'm never gonna be able to unlock all the hard trials ( assuming theyre as assinine as the ones in sf4 ) alongside with 99.99% of all other buyers out there I guess :(
 

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Feb 24, 2009
3,606
0
0
Santa Monica
I wonder if the preview build has been sent out to most gaming sites by now. Would like to start seeing some footage in general from the different media outlets...
 

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Feb 28, 2006
14,688
0
0
I don't really buy those Achievements at all, especially the Arcade completion and character ones - that's too ridiculous to believe...

Some are the same as the original, but that doesn't prove much...

I'll wait for the real deal before I say anything else other than that...
 

Dachande

Member
Jun 24, 2005
3,333
0
0
UK
Is there a link anywhere to download the trailer with the Japanese voices in proper 720p please? I kinda want both...
 

hitsugi

Member
Apr 4, 2006
6,072
0
1,005
stfu max why aren't we playing 3s?

i'm so bad at that game now lol... after being used to dreamcast timing+not playing for years D: kara palms ain't happening.
 

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
May 19, 2009
23,743
0
0
31
canada
3S sounds like a good idea after some sc. :lol

anyone sees me and wants a match, go ahead and challenge.

pandacraft
 
Jun 9, 2004
27,593
0
0
arstal said:
Other games say otherwise.

For 3D- VF5 shits on SF4.
2D- GGPO, Blazblue, HDR shit on SF4

there's a reason it isn't used for Sf4, but it's not "As good as it's gonna get"

Whether it's acceptable or not is up for debate (I think it is at 3 bars and above, definitely at 4.)
Yeah, the Kool-Aid drinkers don't want to hear this truth.

Shit won't get better if you guys just accept what's thrown your way. You gotta make some noise!
 

vulva

Member
Feb 8, 2009
10,700
0
810
it's too hard to sort through this thread. anyone have the link that was posted of the 3 new chars' ultras?
 
Apr 6, 2007
32,413
3
0
I hate fighting Urien so much. :-( I won 1 out of 10 vs. Ness' Urien, poor Twelve and Q :lol

Good game, ness. I'll learn how to super for next time, I promise! :lol
 

Swittcher

Banned
Jan 21, 2010
1,209
0
0
Dudley's voice is not better in JPN. WTF at those people who think it does.

You can't even hear him 90% of the time, and it's just slurred Japanese for the most part anyway.

I agree the eng voice isn't perfect, but at least he sounds like a classy englishman, and not some random japanese dude.
 

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Jul 1, 2009
18,776
0
0
so eta on hakans reveal? someone said this friday, which seems odd given capcoms previous schedule announcement, but hey im not complaining
 

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Jan 4, 2007
26,531
0
0
NYC
im sorry but Dudley speaking Japanese is a no-no:lol, the sound and sight just dont go together. WTH happen to the old VO actor?
 

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Feb 24, 2009
3,606
0
0
Santa Monica
~Devil Trigger~ said:
im sorry but Dudley speaking Japanese is a no-no:lol, the sound and sight just dont go together. WTH happen to the old VO actor?
I almost wish the JP VO just did the lines in Engrish, and not straight JP. At this point, the English VO is starting to warm up to me...'Keep it Clawsy!'
 

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Jun 9, 2007
27,186
12
1,335
i prefer english VOs for the simple reason that i dont know japanese. is this the case for anyone else?

i couldnt even tell of japanese VO was good or not
 

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Dec 16, 2004
2,175
0
0
CA
God's Beard said:
I hate fighting Urien so much. :-( I won 1 out of 10 vs. Ness' Urien, poor Twelve and Q :lol

Good game, ness. I'll learn how to super for next time, I promise! :lol
Good games man, yeah I had a hard time doing supers today as well -I guess it even out? Anyways, lets play again sometime!

vissione said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19860515&postcount=17578

I'm also on GGPO watching pandacraft vs threi and godsbeard vs n3ss.

I'm vissione btw.
Good games as well, I didn't know you were from Gaf, would have played you more... I thought you were some random :lol

I'll be back on later though!
 

XenoRaven

Member
Sep 4, 2009
9,727
0
0
This is going to sound like a silly overanalysis over Dudley's 3S VA vs his IV VA, but I'm going to do it anyway.

I don't mind his English VA in IV. He sounds like how you would imagine a cartoonish, buttoned-up, British pugilist to sound like. The disconnect between 3S and IV is I think his personality and attitude. Dudley in 3S is an arrogant son of a bitch. When he says "Let's fight like gentlemen" I don't think he's saying it because he wants to "keep it classy", but because he has a very high opinion of himself. That's why he also says things like "Guttah trash!" and "You have no dignity". IV's Dudley comes across as a guy who really just wants a respectable fight. His voice is softer and less commanding, and makes him seem more humble. And I think that's where people start to get thrown off. Anyway, that's just what I thought up while I'm bored at work.
 
Apr 6, 2007
32,413
3
0
n3ss said:
Good games man, yeah I had a hard time doing supers today as well -I guess it even out? Anyways, lets play again sometime!

You know, sitting in there with 5 spectators from GAF watching our every move was pretty intense. Now I know exactly how Justin Wong must have felt at EVO 2k4.
 

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Oct 9, 2009
4,447
8
680
XenoRaven said:
This is going to sound like a silly overanalysis over Dudley's 3S VA vs his IV VA, but I'm going to do it anyway.

I don't mind his English VA in IV. He sounds like how you would imagine a cartoonish, buttoned-up, British pugilist to sound like. The disconnect between 3S and IV is I think his personality and attitude. Dudley in 3S is an arrogant son of a bitch. When he says "Let's fight like gentlemen" I don't think he's saying it because he wants to "keep it classy", but because he has a very high opinion of himself. That's why he also says things like "Guttah trash!" and "You have no dignity". IV's Dudley comes across as a guy who really just wants a respectable fight. His voice is softer and less commanding, and makes him seem more humble. And I think that's where people start to get thrown off. Anyway, that's just what I thought up while I'm bored at work.

You nailed it, but the reason people like Dudley is because he is an arrogant bastard ;)! Nothing better than to finish someone with a taunt lol ;)! If its released for pc, 3S Dudley voices are being modded in SSF4, you can bet on that ;p!

Edit : He better say Gutter Thrash when he wins... that's going to be my simple reply to the hatemail from psn i'm bound to get from scrubs saying i'm cheating or some other stupid sh*t like that!
 

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Jun 6, 2004
3,399
0
0
39
LeMaximilian said:
For the brief time I played VF5 when it debuted, I was floored by how amazing a game held up with a dude in the UK, and me on the West Coast. I dunno how the hell they did it...
Because Microsoft did it, not Sega.
 

Space A Cobra

Member
Mar 28, 2006
3,844
0
0
www.youtube.com
-COOLIO- said:
i couldnt even tell of japanese VO was good or not

But you can tell if the English ones are good or not. So doesn't that make the JP voices better by default? :D

Whatever though. Capcom was smart letting you toggle specific characters. Some character English voices are better than the JP ones and vice versa. Letting the player decide allows everyone to win.
 

MIMIC

Why won't homeless people take my emails????????
Jun 11, 2004
50,052
0
0
34
Good Lord. Dudly's 2nd Ultra is the stupidest-looking one of the bunch...slightly ahead of Akuma's, which is a cool looking stupid and Fuerte's, which, despite its silly looks, will be very useful.

And maybe I'm a little late on the pipedream wishlist bandwagon, but I really want the ability to change the button config while playing online. You can do it on-the-fly offline so why not online (like during the character select or something)? I have to make my button config acceptable for all of my characters when playing online and that limits the moves of 3 or 4 of the other characters that aren't my main. I use the pad (and I'm too good to even entertain the thought of relearning the game on the stick) and it's kinda frustrating. But I've dealt with it thus far so it's not THAT big of an issue. Still want it, though.
 

Ferrio

Banned
Jun 7, 2004
56,400
0
0
MIMIC said:
Good Lord. Dudly's 2nd Ultra is the stupidest-looking one of the bunch...slightly ahead of Akuma's, which is a cool looking stupid and Fuerte's, which, despite its silly looks, will be very useful.
It's the Rasengan.
 

Swittcher

Banned
Jan 21, 2010
1,209
0
0
-COOLIO- said:
i prefer english VOs for the simple reason that i dont know japanese. is this the case for anyone else?

i couldnt even tell of japanese VO was good or not
I bet in Japanese, they're all fucking clown shoes, and JPN players are always like, "Sounds stupid, definitely switching to ENG for Ryu."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.