• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperStreetFighterIV_logo.jpg

This had better be available as downloadable content, as the last time Capcom pulled this shit, I was 13. And, I was naive enough to purchase Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Super Street Fighter 2 on my SNES. Now that I'm almost 30, I'd like to think they would NOT take advantage of my Street Fighter obsession by rapping my wallet with a $60 disc release. Ah, who am I to really give a fuck...I'll buy it regardless.

EDIT: Looks like the Japanese SF4 site now says Tuesday for the official annoucement: http://www.capcom.co.jp/newwarrior/index.html

EDIT: First Official Logo Image and Screenshots are In!!
SuperStreetFighterIV_THawk.jpg

SuperStreetFighterIV_Juri.jpg

sorry dude, I think the return of the glorious iterating Capcom of old is in full effect with RE5: Dangle Edition on the way and this. I'm personally amazed they haven't done Monster Hunter Portable Red and Blue yet.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Superblatt said:
This had better be available as downloadable content, as the last time Capcom pulled this, I was 13. And, I was naive enough to purchase Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Super Street Fighter 2 on my SNES. Now that I'm almost 30, I'd like to think they would NOT take advantage of my Street Fighter obsession by rapping my wallet with a $60 disc release. Ah, who am I to really give a fuck...I'll buy it regardless.
So....you missed the entire Alpha and SF III era?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Mama Robotnik said:
Then Super Street Fighter 4 Turbo?
With all the updated shit that's rumored to be added making this DLC would practically be the same as giving it away for free. It's a new arcade cab. It's a new disc. I'm gonna buy it.

Calcaneus

I think I've gotten all I can out of Street Fighter IV, not sure that a new edition will change much. See you guys at Street Fighter V!

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
SecretBonusPoint said:
sorry dude, I think the return of the glorious iterating Capcom of old is in full effect with RE5: Dangle Edition on the way and this. I'm personally amazed they haven't done Monster Hunter Portable Red and Blue yet.

They have though, in a sense. Monster Hunter 2nd --> 2ndG (Unite). Capcom will always do this, and they seem to thrive from it. As long as they keep the good games coming, though, I ain't complaining.

CPS2

At what point do people think it should be retail instead of DLC? 10 new characters and a new gameplay system seems well and truely beyond "patch" imo, I might want to play the old version at some point.

mosaic

go eat paint
I haven't played IV in months. I never bothered to get all the achievements...

But I'll still end up dropping $15 or $60 on this, because I am totally on the Street Fighter Kool-Aid.

I hope it includes DeeJay, Cody, Haggar, Guy, and Rolento!

eggandI

Banned
SF4's online is so fucking bad though that I think I'll wait on this a couple of months before buying. I love FGs and all but these days where I don't go to arcades anymore/there isn't anything resembling a scene where I live, a fg with no online/shitty online is of little use to me.

UC1 said:
At what point do people think it should be retail instead of DLC? 10 new characters and a new gameplay system seems well and truely beyond "patch" imo, I might want to play the old version at some point.

who has information on 10 new characters? That would be big news if true.

Peff

I really, really doubt it's going to be DLC. 10 characters (with anime openings and endings, I assume) and tweaked old characters plus changes to pretty much every menu (even the super meter seems to be changed in the pic) would be enough to "justify" a disc release. The question is, budget or full price? Either way, I'm in :D

Ploid 3.0

I'm going to hold out for Super Street Fighter IV Turbo this time. It will fix things and make focus attack more useful for Evil Blanka.

Yeessssss...

Thanks Capcom!

Now give us new versions of Darkstalkers and Rival Schools running on the SF4 graphics engine or whatever...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
shagg_187 said:
Add T-hawk and Deejay and call it a day.

Aren't they practically on the discs for Street 4 already? I remember there being data but dummied/commented out of the roster because they aren't textured/full featured.

vazel

Banned
Fuck I've barely played my current copy of sf4 thinking it was going to have a long online life anyway. Haha fuck you Capcom.

If there's a substantial upgrade to the roster and they aren't all fucking shoto's, I'll bite. Give me Q, give me Dudley, give me Makoto, Ibuki, Urien, Alex, basically the entire SF3 roster.

DemiMatt

ill only buy if there are changes in frame data and priorities. also only if they release an arcade version. otherwise its not worth a buy.

DemiMatt said:
ill only buy if there are changes in frame data and priorities. also only if they release an arcade version. otherwise its not worth a buy.

so you are going to buy the console version only if they release an arcade version too?

goldenpp72

add a lot of moves, make the online more cool, more chars, costumes, levels, maybe i'll care, I sure hope it's not another 4 new chars kinda shit.

This is supposed to be the roster:

Returning from SF3: Ibuki, Makoto, and Dudley
Returning from SF2: DeeJay and T-Hawk
Returning from Alpha: Guy, Cody, and Adon
in addition to 2 completely new characters.

Dachande

darkpaladinmfc said:
This is supposed to be the roster:

Returning from SF3: Ibuki, Makoto, and Dudley
Returning from SF2: DeeJay and T-Hawk
Returning from Alpha: Guy, Cody, and Adon
in addition to 2 completely new characters.

Where's that info from?

BitchTits

Superblatt, maybe you could update the OP with the rumoured new characters/features as it seems a lot of people in this thread haven't kept up with the news/rumours in the main SF4 thread.

DailyVacation

Neo Member
If they release a new SKU for this, I hope they balance some characters. I feel dirty using an overpowered Ryu... in a non-sexy way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom