• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PXG-

KuroNeeko said:
Holy shi-! *.*

FLITEEEE!

FLITE_avatar.jpg

FLITESRK_avatar.jpg

AZ Greg

Just caught up. Awesome!

Man, even though I'm glad everything leaked early so we could get pumped in advance, it would have been crazy had all this been a surprise and came out of nowhere. With each new reveal this game makes SF4 feel outdated, but I still have to play it to get my fix. :(:lol

gketter said:
Yea? I thought the Xbox version would be the one to get since it has online and the ebay market has it at a higher price. Do you know if my Saturn USB controller will work for it while playing on my PS3?
Saturn USB pad does not work in BC mode on PS2 games, just PS1

arstal said:
Over at Sirlin's site he proposed a legit reason why GGPO might not be usable.

They use a similar particle effect for fireballs as in Halo, and it would potentially cause glitches with the fireballs. It would be similar to the Blanka glitch in HDR.

He's not sure, but that's a theory. It's confirmed GGPO netcode is NOT being used.
The SF4 team has no clue what the US side of Capcom is doing, which is a damn shame.

I'm really hoping Sirlin gets to make his fighting game someday- I'd be hype to see him without the constraints of the Sf2 engine.

I was under the impression BlazBlue wasn't using GGPO; but something custom. :\

Anyhow, yeah - Crapcom Japan don't give a fuck about what Crapcom USA does. Which is lame because working together they could accomplish so much more WRT netcode. HDR was plenty nice after they got around to patching it.

And y'know, quick match in HDR was a quick match.

Not, Quick Match > Choose One of Three, fail to connect. Repeat. :p

Rocwell

So is the official blog updating tonight or tomorrow? I thought they were supposed to update a day early this week, no? I want to hear the JP voices and hopefully get a look at Makoto's Ultra II in motion in the character section.

Cloudy

Banned
Great looking clip. Guy and Makoto ftw :D

ps: I thought the boxart for the first game was bad but this new one is a whole new level of suck. WTF is wrong with these companies? How hard is it to pick a good cover?

jett said:
I hope dudley's JP voice is up to snuff, not liking the american one at all.
I have watched the Sagat clip miultiple times and it has grown on me.

hoping the jp one is closer to the 3S one I know and love though.

KuroNeeko

I don't know...

The new characters (especially the latest three) are looking really good. Even Seth is saying that they're "among the most highly developed" among the cast. Just watching how Ibuki's hair and Makoto's ribbon flow makes me wonder if people are still going to be using the old cast at all (other than Ryu, Sagat, and Mr. Masters.)

Fei Long, Fuerte, Gen, Gouken, Rose and the lower tier of SFIV are going to need a lot of tweaking to make them more attractive than the new cast.

On a side note, Ibuki's model is smoking and watching the trailer reminded how hot Juri's VO is. It's so nastay.

(What's up with some of those rival matches anyways? T. Hawk & Fuerte? Guy & Rose?)

well then, they better start spicing up the Vanilla characters with some new moves because these SF3 characters are packing quite the variety in terms of # of moves

makes me laugh at Guile and his two special moves; lol

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
KuroNeeko said:
I don't know...

The new characters (especially the latest three) are looking really good. Even Seth is saying that they're "among the most highly developed" among the cast. Just watching how Ibuki's hair and Makoto's ribbon flow makes me wonder if people are still going to be using the old cast at all (other than Ryu, Sagat, and Mr. Masters.)

Fei Long, Fuerte, Gen, Gouken, Rose and the lower tier of SFIV are going to need a lot of tweaking to make them more attractive than the new cast.

On a side note, Ibuki's model is smoking and watching the trailer reminded how hot Juri's VO is. It's so nastay.

(What's up with some of those rival matches anyways? T. Hawk & Fuerte? Guy & Rose?)

Sooo, what dont you know?

My problem with Dudleys English voice is that they changed his tone. His original voice is deep and they decide that sounding like a British eunuch is gonna work for the better? Its just flawed thinking there.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
gutter_trash said:
makes me laugh at Guile and his two special moves; lol
Two specials and he can still put on that pressure show... one more and it would be perfect imo.

Caj814

_dementia said:
I have watched the Sagat clip miultiple times and it has grown on me.

hoping the jp one is closer to the 3S one I know and love though.

He may ruin his key line by saying

GUTTARA TRASHARU! or something to that effect :lol

Stantron

My eyes! New trailer is great. I didn't have sound at work, so I needed to come home to hear what all the fuss was about. I really like the new remixed music.

Ibuki and Makoto voices are good. Dudley's voice is on par with T.Hawk... not just bad, fucking terrible. What a shame. Ha, nice Hakan tease at the end. Hearing that oil goop, you know he's gonna be one slippery mo fo.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Caj814 said:
People have been saying that for YEARS and I still don't think it will happen.
Eventually :)!

Zapages

Cloudy said:
BTW do they have an option for classic character BGM this time? I don't want to wait till rival matches to hear them >_<

didn't they say it was player 2 dependent for soundtracks for online matches...

Or I could just be making this up... I don't know its late here...

Yoshichan

-PXG- said:
Did GS speed up the video or is the game faster? Seems much quicker than vanilla SF4.
Nah SSFIV is faster.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
NeoUltima said:
I don't know though, that video just looked messed up when watching on gamespot. Looked fine on youtube.

No... the game is faster... As for helping with links, seemed the same to me.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
-PXG- said:
Did GS speed up the video or is the game faster? Seems much quicker than vanilla SF4.
Not just pace of gameplay, but it seems GS has a proprietary format that allows faster than 30fps? At least that is what it looks like to my eyes.

Yoshichan

Dice said:
Not just pace of gameplay, but it seems GS has a proprietary format that allows faster than 30fps? At least that is what it looks like to my eyes.
It's definitely above 30. Of course people are noticing something different in these videos compared to the Youtube ones...

robut said:
This vid is so weird, no music, ambient animal sounds and Dudley's off putting new voice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjy4OvLntlQ

I've not complained about anything SSF4 related but I'm not feeling Dudley's voice right now. I like the "keep it classy" delivery but everything else sounds lame.

am I the only one that isn't bothered by dudley's voice? It seems close to the classy british guy stereotype, which he is.

cHaotix8

deadmuffin said:
am I the only one that isn't bothered by dudley's voice? It seems close to the classy british guy stereotype, which he is.

I didn't like it much at first but it's growing on me now. Keep it classy.

After becoming a fan(see big) of Hajime no Ippo I find that Dudley is a lot more appealing to play with now. Corkscrew blow must have been inspired by Date Eiji's heartbreak shot if I'm not mistaken. I really can't comment on his voice but I like the contrast his design and character brings to the roster. Something about seeing that rose post win cracks me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom