• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
vc01.jpg

Juri's voice actress in Japanese version

So damn hot!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
JP trailer confirms which voices I'll be setting everyone to. Wataru Takagi as Hakan confirms this character will be jacked up. :lol

JP Dudley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> US Dudley. Not even close.

ggd210

- Guys.... did you see Makoto's bar at first picture "TIME" instead of Super???
- Do you know why there are some differents colors for the bar (pic 2 and 3)? some of them are purple, and others are green??? (I just wonder it's because Ultra 1 or 2,maybe?)

~Devil Trigger~ said:

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
fuck I've watched the trailer like 40 times, 2 months left >_< fucking hell why did you postpone its release capcom, there arent any games to compete with now in later part of februari. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

BlueLegs

Kajiba

ggd210 said:
- Guys.... did you see Makoto's bar at first picture "TIME" instead of Super???
- Do you know why there are some differents colors for the bar (pic 2 and 3)? some of them are purple, and others are green??? (I just wonder it's because Ultra 1 or 2,maybe?)

She did her Tanden. It has a time limit and yes, Different color means different ultra.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Woke up a while ago, should've been out already, damn SSFIV making me late... :(

At least it was perfect timing for the blog!

Oh yes, Japanese Dudley's voice is deeper - all is well now.

Ibuki's and Makoto's sound practically like their 3rd Strike versions too - but I don't have a problem with their English voices either...

And I like Hakan's English voice more than his Japanese one - looks like overall I'm gonna have a couple more English voices on this time, 2 or 3 more than the 2 I have on in the original...

Shit man, Dudley and Ibuki look beastly as hell in those Gamespot vids, especially Ibuki - anyone with their execution on point is going to the top with her no doubt...

KuroNeeko

Wow., they went out and got the original 3S voice actor for Makoto and used her for SSFIV (japanese VA.)

News is divided into three sections - the new character reveal, the iphone/ipod touch version of SFIV, and the upcoming national tournament.

The character reveal confirms Ibuki as the owner of the mysterious kunai and shows off her Hashinshou - kunai madness ultra. It also confirms Sakura as her rival.

They show Dudley and talk about his rose dubbed, "The Rose of Victory" or something like that. They say it doesn't do any damage when it hits, but it will make your opponent kind of space out for a minute (see Boxer's look of shock in the trailer) which gives you an opening for an attack. Boxer is also confirmed as his rival.

Finally, Makoto. They said that (her moves excluded) developing her was the hardest out of all of the characters and that they labored over everything from her voice recording to her outfits.

The (japanese) 3S Makoto used a special dialect of Japanese called Tosa-ben, and they wanted to make sure that they included it in SSFIV as well. This lead to a crap load of retakes but with Tsumura Makoto playing the role (the same VA they used for the 3S Makoto) they got the job done. Makoto's rival is Fei Long.

Sorry, not interested enough in the i-phone stuff to write it down (since I'm at work...)

As for the tournament, they say that unlike last year's event where they had the VAs for Ryu, Ken, and Sakura - this year's national tournament will feature the cast for C.Viper, Guile, and Juri. Mr. Ono will also be there to make some sort of announcement. You can apply for special reserved seats to watch the tournament and 100 lucky people who have their names drawn will snatch those up. Otherwise, it's SRO.

She concludes with a bit on how the collector's edition is coming along and some of the things they had to deal with (such as choosing the CD label design and the work that it entailed.) She says you may not initially care about that kind of stuff, but wanted to emphasize that they're putting 110% into every facet of SSFIV.

She jokes that she may have revealed too much this week but now that the "cat is out of the bag" she hopes you can keep up with all the hype.

Next update is next week.

Totakeke

You know, I think Dudley actually got an animation upgrade coming from sf3, his moves has a better level of smoothness and fluidity.

I like.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Kintaro said:
JP trailer confirms which voices I'll be setting everyone to. Wataru Takagi as Hakan confirms this character will be jacked up. :lol

JP Dudley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> US Dudley. Not even close.

That english Dudley voice completely breaks the awesome of that character.

He has no dignity any more :(

V_Arnold

Totakeke said:
You know, I think Dudley actually got an animation upgrade coming from sf3, his moves has a better level of smoothness and fluidity.

I like.

Watch out, man, because Salty Bandit will come and get you, when you are asleep!

wow, even though I've been expecting this announcement for months I was really excited to see the characters in action, far more than any of the other previously revealed characters. Even the Dempsey Roll was an obvious choice, but it was still great to see in action.

I was kind of disappointed to not see the special intro between Ibuki and Makoto in the Gamespot video, but that's just a little thing.

Its interesting to finally see some stats on some of the SFIII characters. Again, another little thing, but it was weird that they weren't given any after the in-depth ones given to the SF2 characters.

GrayFoxPL

People hating on Dudley's english voice have no dignity. It could be louder for my taste, but it's so perfectly "noble" it's awesome.

Great to hear that Guile's moves have increased priority. Time to show this SF3 bunch who's the boss . :D

Kron

Banned
GrayFoxPL said:
People hating on Dudley's english voice have no dignity. It could be louder for my taste, but it's so perfectly "noble" it's awesome.

Its about as 'noble' as Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins.

qazqaNii

Caj814 said:

I wants it badly.
Also the game speed has been upped by far if my eyes still obey me after seeing those trailers 50 times already, aiming for a guiness.

Dudleys Corkscrew kinda saddened me but but.. THE DEMPSEY ROLL IS HERE :p.. Also he says Hajime.. :eek:.

Platy

i'm so hyped, but SO HYPED .... that even the basic idea that makoto's new ultra will show me new perspectives of the stages when the enemy go flying is making me "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee =D" !!!!

....specialy if it destroy's the ceiling of the sin headquarter's stage xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom