• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

qazqaNii said:
I wants it badly.
Also the game speed has been upped by far if my eyes still obey me after seeing those trailers 50 times already, aiming for a guiness.

Dudleys Corkscrew kinda saddened me but but.. THE DEMPSEY ROLL IS HERE :p.. Also he says Hajime.. :eek:.

"Hajime" it's just something like "Let's go!" etc. :p

People going over the top with Ippo references.

I don't know how Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins sounds like so I keep my ground.

_Xenon_

Banned
It's good to have some new characters but are they going to balance the existing ones? It's kinda pointless to have a shit load of characters but all you meet online is still Sagat & Bison & Boxer.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
_Xenon_ said:
It's good to have some new characters but are they going to balance the existing ones?
yes.
It's kinda pointless to have a shit load of characters but all you meet online is still Sagat & Bison & Boxer.
why?

edit: who runs into that many boxers and bisons anyway?

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
rocK` said:
The game is still being balanced...

The question is by who? Let's put it this way, I'd trust a game balanced by David Sirlin more then I'd trust a game balanced by some random scrub.

I don't think Capcom knows what it's doing if it doesn't get an arcade test to show their errors.

V_Arnold

arstal said:
The question is by who? Let's put it this way, I'd trust a game balanced by David Sirlin more then I'd trust a game balanced by some random scrub.

I don't think Capcom knows what it's doing if it doesn't get an arcade test to show their errors.

Whao.....
Because now, Capcom is balancing the game by "some random scrub". Of course they do.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
arstal said:

pssst.

arcade players can test console games, it doesn't need an arcade test to be properly balanced. also 'some randoms crub' lol.

just sayin'

V_Arnold

Pandaman said:
pssst.

arcade players can test console games, it doesn't need an arcade test to be properly balanced. also 'some randoms crub' lol.

just sayin'

And by the way, I would not want a game balanced by David Sirlin.
Respect for him, and it is good to see him making his own games based on his balance/gameplay ideas, but all the complaints he had against SFIV can be summed by "oh my god, it does not play like sf2, it is not as offensive as sf2, therefore it is a disappointment for me".

rocK`

Banned
arstal said:

really?

you'd trust sirlin to balance a game over Ono to lead the test?

I hope you're a troll, if you know anything, Sirlin is an absolute joke.

I assume you play Yomi on the side and think HDR is the greatest thing.

GrayFoxPL

Shin_Kojima said:

I don't get the comparsion. Dudley sound's comepletely different. And yes I love that snobistic noble tone :D.

About Hakkan. ever since first leak way back I imagined Hakkan as "Cho Aniki" style character.

117905-cho-aniki.jpg

Like this, but with blond wavy hair. :lol I still think it's gonna be spot on.

And by the way, I would not want a game balanced by David Sirlin.
Respect for him, and it is good to see him making his own games based on his balance/gameplay ideas, but all the complaints he had against SFIV can be summed by "oh my god, it does not play like sf2, it is not as offensive as sf2, therefore it is a disappointment for me".
I don't hold as much disdain towards Sirlin's thoughts on SF4, but I still agree that David Sirlin is not the best choice simply because a lot of his ability to make balance changes to HD Remix had to do with extensive knowledge of the game, something he may not have for SF4.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Can someone PLEASE make me an animated avatar of the pink trailer part with a grinning Cody? :D

Even a good quality still-picture would be enough, actually!

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
after watching dudley vs sagat it looks like dud's jab is just as good as rogs..oh i cant WAIT for all the 'DUDLEY IS BRAINDEAD ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS MASH JAB TO TARGET COMBO' whiners

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Osaka said:
"Ibuki on the scene" sounds so stupid so I'll just leave them all on JP :lol
:lol I like it!

GrayFoxPL

jett said:
Why does Ono have to fuck up in the smallest things? That's not Dudley. :| Meh, I guess I'll get used to his english voice.

See guys? jett (kind of) agrees on the voices!

Rollin' Fonda >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rollin' Sundar

Keep it classy >>>>>>>>> ?????????

Thee End >>>>>>>> G End

They're really teasing us with that SF3 announcer in the trailer.

Is he back or are they keeping the lame, obnoxious SF4 announcer?

And these new music tracks better be useable in the fights and not just online lobbies or rare special events in arcade mode...

Rocwell

Glad to see the JP trailer fixed the utter lack of CHESTOO in the English version. I'm really pleased they actually got the same VA to do Makoto! It's kind of funny that her English VA actually sounds pretty good compared to a lot of the cast but she just can't hold a candle to SHOUBU JAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like she still has time to combo after her SAII ultra too!

All the 3s characters look like tons of fun, I'm definitely going to be picking up Ibuki, Makoto and Juri. I really want to love Dudley too but his English voice has no dignity and the Idea of listening to him in Japanese seems totally wrong.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Rocwell said:
Glad to see the JP trailer fixed the utter lack of CHESTOO in the English version. I'm really pleased they actually got the same VA to do Makoto! It's kind of funny that her English VA actually sounds pretty good compared to a lot of the cast but she just can't hold a candle to SHOBU DA!
No, you mean SHOUBU JAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
mjemirzian said:
"looks like it's time to oil up"

It would be hilarious if they brought out an oiled up Muscle March sized bodybuilder in a tiny thong.
Thats Hakkan on my mind.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hitokage said:
No, you mean SHOUBU JAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hear Makotos voice when I read this.

Something is wrong with me.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
rocK` said:
really?

you'd trust sirlin to balance a game over Ono to lead the test?

I hope you're a troll, if you know anything, Sirlin is an absolute joke.

I assume you play Yomi on the side and think HDR is the greatest thing.

Sirlin has issues with being biased against certain things, and not listening sometimes, but anyone who thinks HDR is not an improvement gameplay-wise over ST, is either a troll or a clown.

(now, people who prefer ST for other reasons such as nostagia, that's fine. Just don't claim ST>HDR gameplay wise)

I don't do card games, but I would be more hype for a Sirlin fighter then a Capcom fighter.

To me, Ono's the joke. SF4 has tons of issues (and some good points)- but the issues aren't being addressed at all in this. Hopefully this game does well but is complained about enough for Capcom to get some professional players to tweak it right.

Wiseblade

After watching the JP trailer:

Ibuki = Japanese
Didley = English
Mokoto = Japanese
Hakan = English

I know a lot of people hate Dudley's ENG voice, but I think it really suits his visual style. His clothing, moustache and fighting style all scream "inter war period England" so it's only fair that his voice match. It may be cheesy, but so is everyone else. Ibuki's voice started to grow thin after watching the trailer twice. Makoto's JP voice just seems to suit her better.

rocK`

Banned
arstal said:
Sirlin has issues with being biased against certain things, and not listening sometimes, but anyone who thinks HDR is not an improvement gameplay-wise over ST, is either a troll or a clown.

arstal, Sirlin balanced a 14 year old game. Of course it's going to be more balanced...what did you expect? Sirlin was able to analyze over hundreds of tournaments and players to see what was being exploited, etc. as well as keep an ear to the ground on what players think.

SF4? Sf4 is a brand new game. Like SF3 it will probably take 3+ iterations to get things close to right.

This is right in line. To praise Sirlin for revamping an old game is foolish.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
rocK` said:
arstal, Sirlin balanced a 14 year old game. Of course it's going to be more balanced...what did you expect? Sirlin was able to analyze over hundreds of tournaments and players to see what was being exploited, etc. as well as keep an ear to the ground on what players think.

SF4? Sf4 is a brand new game. Like SF3 it will probably take 3+ iterations to get things close to right.

This is right in line. To praise Sirlin for revamping an old game is foolish.
3 iterations and SF3 its still unbalanced.

rocK`

Banned
There are a lot of people that would beg to differ.

3s is actually one of the most balanced games out there.

If you mean, LOL YUN/CHUN/KEN, you'll probably see that the variety is a lot better than most games.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
UC1 said:
Take that Japan.

Japan never got the game officially, yet some Japanese import. The matches are semi-playable online too, unlike SF4. (less playable then online BB was)

Daigo liked HDR when he saw it, even after losing his first match at Evo (he used Guile though)

Fersis said:
Why the SSFIV / SSFIV producer is a joke?
3 iterations and SF3 its still unbalanced.

SFIV is more balanced then 3S. As for HDR, I'm not saying it's perfect. Honestly, I think 98UM was a better remix (and used the same philosophy) What I am saying is that Sirlin knew the changes that should have been made to HDR, and 90% of the changes he made improved the game in some form of fashion. The other 10% was Akuma, which he admits to screwing up on, or limitations he couldn't work around due to the ancient game code.

As for why he's a joke? Because they are imbalancing offensive execution and defensive execution, and they don't realize the effects that has on gameplay outside of the tourney champ level.

Note, Kuroda winning with a bottom tier char doesn't make that character balanced. I hate it when 3s fanboys try to use that as evidence their game is balanced. I live in an area where 3s is mad played- people use the mid tiers all the time- in casuals. Those chars never win squat though. It's always the top 3, or Makoto (who is a walking slot machine).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom