• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swittcher

Banned
jetsetfluken said:
Like the little graffiti logo they show for less than a split second in the trailer. :D

2qlqq8k.png

If you look at the intro to Street Fighter 1, that font/graffiti is a total throwback to it.

Which is weird, because this whole game is supposed to be a throwback to SSF2.

NeoGIF

Gotta say, that was a lot of great coverage that we got yesterday. It was insane to watch how much this thread exploded after all the media dropped. :lol

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Makoto's Focus attack = Sean Kick

and im guessing her Ultra 2, has one universal reach, or can you control the distance like Fuerte's Gigs Busta

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Makoto's Focus attack = Sean Kick

and im guessing her Ultra 2, has one universal reach, or can you control the distance like Fuerte's Gigs Busta
or it tracks the opponents position.

rocK` said:
There are a lot of people that would beg to differ.

3s is actually one of the most balanced games out there.

If you mean, LOL YUN/CHUN/KEN, you'll probably see that the variety is a lot better than most games.

Variety means nothing when it's plainly obvious that they're top. It may take a bit more to get Yun to an expert level than, say Chun or Ken but that's why Chun is top anyway, BECAUSE she's so easy to do pretty much anything with. That and it cannot be stated enough how awful and broken her c.MK is.

Yes, I just subtly called Chun easy

rocK`

Banned
hikarutilmitt said:
Variety means nothing when it's plainly obvious that they're top. It may take a bit more to get Yun to an expert level than, say Chun or Ken but that's why Chun is top anyway, BECAUSE she's so easy to do pretty much anything with. That and it cannot be stated enough how awful and broken her c.MK is.

Yes, I just subtly called Chun easy

To be honest, I don't think you have a good grasp of the game. Her cr.mk isn't what makes her 'broken' if anything, her SGGK gives her the advantage.

Chun is not an easy character, she just has a super which makes her threatening. By all means, keep cr.mk'ing me, my Dudley will love that.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Super Theory Fighter! I hope Makoto's ultra2 completes if you connect it on a juggle. Also is the choke grab fierce link tight? Like, one frame tight? Adon already is confirmed to be a mess of tight links, I don't want Makoto to end up the same way. ;_;

LowParry

Sir Garbageman said:
Don't know if this has been officially confirmed or not but is SSF4 faster than vanilla SF4? Hard to tell from the vids I've watched.

Take the word of the people here who've actually played it. It is a bit faster.

ShinAmano

So now that the game is all we want
minus Alex, Elena, Hugo and Poison
I hope we get answers to these:

Will Random select also select a random color/outfit? <--It only makes sense.

Will there be character specific intros?

What is the bonus for hanging on to the original SF4 Disk?

Are there any other stages/moves to be revealed?

Most anticipated game of the year.

Imm0rt4l

ShinAmano said:
So now that the game is all we want
minus Alex, Elena, Hugo and Poison
I hope we get answers to these:

Will Random select also select a random color/outfit? <--It only makes sense.

Will there be character specific intros?

What is the bonus for hanging on to the original SF4 Disk?

Are there any other stages/moves to be revealed?

Most anticipated game of the year.
There seriously needs to be more than 3 new stages.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Osaka said:
Can someone PLEASE make me an animated avatar of the pink trailer part with a grinning Cody? :D

Even a good quality still-picture would be enough, actually!

Here you go

cody_sfiv.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
CcrooK said:
Curious to see what an avatar of Ibuki's second Ultra would look like :D
10mb

rocK` said:
To be honest, I don't think you have a good grasp of the game. Her cr.mk isn't what makes her 'broken' if anything, her SGGK gives her the advantage.

Chun is not an easy character, she just has a super which makes her threatening. By all means, keep cr.mk'ing me, my Dudley will love that.

:lol

Okay seriously, nobody will ever NOT say her c.MK isn't a huge threat because it has so much use. Of course just sticking it out is stupid but doing ANYTHING like that with any move, even safe, is stupid. Just because it can be beaten doesn't mean it's not broken. It come out fast, is very safe, recovers well enough and you can hit confirm it for hours.

Does it make Chun-Li top tier? No, the combination of everything about her that is broken does that well enough, but it certainly doesn't help the case.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Looks like KOFXIII is coming out this year.
Bye bye SSFIV :D

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Can anyone get me one of Makoto clenching her fist right before the ball buster, with "INCOMING" at the bottom?

Masamuna

Brobzoid said:
Super Theory Fighter! I hope Makoto's ultra2 completes if you connect it on a juggle. Also is the choke grab fierce link tight? Like, one frame tight? Adon already is confirmed to be a mess of tight links, I don't want Makoto to end up the same way. ;_;

Karakusa into s.FP was actually pretty easy in 3S. Although I can't say for sure in Super, what I can tell from the extended footage is that EX Karakusa gives a good bit a frame advantage to the point that she was able to combo into s.RH IIRC.

Another great tidbit is that Karakusa is considered a hit now for the combo meter compared to Fei's Tenshin in vanilla 4. Should be much easier now.

Also, this is huge speculation but it looks she recovers pretty fast after Abare Tosonami/U2. Maybe the juggle opportunity is still there XD

zlatko

Banned
gibration said:
Can someone make an avy of her from this pic for me please?

/panic! I already made one for myself. Really hard to make the pic look good at 90x120 anyway though. Had to set it to 90x90.

rocK` said:
There are a lot of people that would beg to differ.

3s is actually one of the most balanced games out there.

If you mean, LOL YUN/CHUN/KEN, you'll probably see that the variety is a lot better than most games.

3S is about as balanced as BlazBlue. 3-4 top characters, and a couple that don't get played at all. Which is to say, not one of the most balanced games out there.

However, 3S does have parrying, which makes it seem more balanced by offering you the ability to negate any attack. But thats as much rock paper scissors as the rest of the game. Statistics would tend to offer that parrying makes no difference to the balancing. It just means you might do slightly better with a not so good character if you guess your opponents every move.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
RS4- said:
I hope they decide to let the rose do some damage so I can go for taunt KOs again.

New blog post said it doesnt do any damage, but it does hit, so you can use it to get a combo in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom