• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Dudley US and JP voices are so different...! Talk about a re-imaging. But it's fun seeing both kinda work for him.

I'll love playing Makoto. Neither JP or US voices say Seichusan Godanzuki with enough passion for me, though, lol.

SFIII Chara's are suprisingly awesome looking, made the transition EXCELLENTLY. Dudley's VS portrait still looks awkward, though. It's so funny to see so many differences in small details, with character art that's based off 3D renders...

Myomoto

IntelliHeath said:
I hope this achievement is bullshit. It seem too hard and time-consumed. I think SF4 achievement is just right.

The exact same achievement was in SFIV, it's just a 0 point achievement.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
R. Mika has the WORST moveset in all of Street Fighter history. Hated her costume, awkward looking movement, very uninteresting once you pass the boobs(and i know those 2 are the reasons alot of people want her back).

SSF4 has pretty much the best Roster possible in a "Dream" Street Fighter game. The only 'relevant" characters that are not in are Rolento, Alex, Elena, Urien, and for mystery sake Q.

if Karin, they would have to change most her moveset, her moves were so corny and i hated her gameplay.

Swittcher

Banned
10p7ssh.jpg

Ibuki does not strike me as the type of character that buys a shirt with her own name printed on it.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
SAB CA said:
I'll love playing Makoto. Neither JP or US voices say Seichusan Godanzuki with enough passion for me, though, lol.

But she says it the same way, its the same voice actriss. The only problem is that her animation when she says it is lame. Her animations are the worst of the 3 characters, they should had tried to animate her clothe in every one of her moves, because she needs that!

Also her facial expressions aren't as moe as in SF3rd. =/

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Myomoto said:
The exact same achievement was in SFIV, it's just a 0 point achievement.

I know. I don't want to post whole achievement again so I just summarized it to first one. I was talking about one achievement which is • Achieve C Class For All Characters by Ranked Match which I think is bullshit and the fact that all of achievement is same from SF4 which is stupid. They can't be creative enough to make different. I hope that Blazblue CE's achievement would be different. >.>

~Devil Trigger~ said:
R. Mika has the WORST moveset in all of Street Fighter history. Hated her costume, awkward looking movement, very uninteresting once you pass the boobs(and i know those 2 are the reasons alot of people want her back).

SSF4 has pretty much the best Roster possible in a "Dream" Street Fighter game. The only 'relevant" characters that are not in are Rolento, Alex, Elena, Urien, and for mystery sake Q.

if Karin, they would have to change most her moveset, her moves were so corny and i hated her gameplay.

Well, R. Mika might have worse moveset but I enjoyed to play as her. Also El fuerte was huge fan of R. Mika, so you can't really deny her chance if there is one.

That's true about SSF4.

I strongly disagreed with your comment with Karin. If you dislike Karin then you would more likely to dislike Fei Long, since they have few same moves.

I really enjoy to play as Karin and I think she is fun to play. (I don't know if you are trolling or not but dont hate Karin :lol )

Hitokage said:
Put me down as somebody who will be happy if any SSF4 followup doesn't have any new characters.

It would be nice if this version actually gets patch updates (to compensate for not having an arcade release).

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
IntelliHeath said:
I know. I don't want to post whole achievement again so I just summarized it to first one. I was talking about one achievement which is • Achieve C Class For All Characters by Ranked Match which I think is bullshit and the fact that all of achievement is same from SF4 which is stupid. They can't be creative enough to make different. I hope that Blazblue CE's achievement would be different. >.>

Well, R. Mika might have worse moveset but I enjoyed to play as her. Also El fuerte was huge fan of R. Mika, so you can't really deny her chance if there is one.

That's true about SSF4.

I strongly disagreed with your comment with Karin. If you dislike Karin then you would more likely to dislike Fei Long, since they have few same moves.

I really enjoy to play as Karin and I think she is fun to play. (I don't know if you are trolling or not but dont hate Karin :lol )

Fei does'nt do shit like this
karin-punch22.gif

Seth Killian said something along the lines of the dev team listened to what characters fans wanted and then filtered it out.

And Karin is pretty popular so I can only guess with what happened there.

She's probably on the top of the "to add" list if there is a followup to this game though.

kitzkozan

This is more or less the best possible roster,with a couple of omission which aren't necessary. :p Now there's no excuse to see so many Ryu's online,even if he's still a monster in SSF IV.I am somewhat saddened to look at Guile versus the new fighters however.His iconic status won't save him from the brink of extinction if he doesn't have some new tricks.

If they release 3rd strike again after the release of SSF IV,I would like a character/super art rebalance and perhaps the inclusion of the SF 2 rosters for extra sale (or the new fighters from IV)? :p

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
About Dudley's American VA...

It is pretty bad, and it leaves me wondering why couldn't they just use the same VA samples from 3rd Strike?? Is it some kinda copyright issue? There are so many amazing samples to use from that game, it just seems like a waste. His accent while fighting seems not quite as bad as his char intro though.

I will say that they fucking nailed Makoto and Ibuki's JP voice acting, which makes it even more odd to me that Dudley's is so off....

Leunam

tapedeck said:
It is pretty bad, and it leaves me wondering why couldn't they just use the same VA samples from 3rd Strike??

Because then everyone would say they were being incredibly lazy.

I'd be inclined to agree.

fubarduck

CcrooK said:
People are -still- asking for characters? :lol

This thread is a carbon-copy of the original Brawl thread when it was getting weekly updates.

After the game actually comes out, 90% of the people that posted in the thread will drop it after a month and the people who care about the game will keep playing. Then we won't have to hear any more Livejournal wishlists! :)

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
DryEyeRelief said:
It would be nice if this version actually gets patch updates (to compensate for not having an arcade release).

Capcom is afraid of them. Said soemthing in a dev log about "being afraid that people without internet would be left behind"

I notice that a lot of people are mentioning Elena as a relevant character.

tapedeck said:
About Dudley's American VA...

It is pretty bad, and it leaves me wondering why couldn't they just use the same VA samples from 3rd Strike??
Because they would need a lot more samples for the additional taunts, rival battles, etc.

LowParry

fubarduck said:
This thread is a carbon-copy of the original Brawl thread when it was getting weekly updates.

After the game actually comes out, 90% of the people that posted in the thread will drop it after a month and the people who care about the game will keep playing. Then we won't have to hear any more Livejournal wishlists! :)

True..........I was one of them for SF4. Fuck if I would of kept playing, my Boxer would of been top to this day. But...meh. I'll change that with Super. Vega styllllle.

kitzkozan

40 characters should be about the max a FG should reach.Anything more than that and balancing become a never ending nightmare. :lol I am sure that SSF IV won't be as balanced as the vanilla version.There's too many variable and ultra now and not enough time to properly balance everything,especially with no arcade testing.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
fubarduck said:

I remember a lot of people were disappointed about roster list, and yet people made SSB4 wishlist already. it already ran up to 20,000 posts at other forum. I think SmashWorld.

I know I am hypocrite because I just posted my wishlist for SSF4T and It would more likely that i would forget about SSF4T when I play SSF4. :D

Caj814 said:
No one will be satisfied until their favorites that are missing are in.:lol

Well, I don't know about that. My favorite was just only Thunder Hawk, since I love him from SSF2. However, I just played SF3 3s for first time like two weeks ago and I fall in love with hugo but would i consider him as my favorite. No, but he would be nice addition.

Plus I played SFA like an month ago for first time too.

I know that you are surprised that I am very behind in SF series. I played SF2/SSF2, MK3 and Killer Instinct then I just dropped out of fighting scene for long long time, until my college friend got me into fighting game again. Hence I am trying to catching up with fighting games right now.

God's Beard said:
Then how about give the dev team 18 months for SSF4T and only add 6 characters? Then focus on a comprehensive training mode and adjusting the system? Add in charge partitioning to make up for charge characters having trouble with FADC combos and give everyone a second super with variable bar sizes(3 EX charges, 5 EX charges, etc). Then just spend 6 months on balancing and reworking old characters so they can compete with the 3rd strikers.

Yes a continual increase in complexity is exactly what this game needs.

The old characters can't compete with 3s characters? Interesting...

fubarduck said:

yup, bandwagoners, it happens with everything...

People asking for more characters are a little crazy
I mean when I see the SSF4 title screen I get flashbacks to fucking MvC2 :lol
Current cast is fine, any additional versions (SSF4T) should mostly be gameplay tweaks if anything

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
NinajHeartless said:
People asking for more characters are a little crazy
I mean when I see the SSF4 title screen I get flashbacks to fucking MvC2 :lol
Current cast is fine, any additional versions (SSF4T) should mostly be gameplay tweaks if anything

perhaps..

would people buy SSF4T if there is no additional characters in? I don't know. I think Capcom would figure out that more characters = more money for them, but let see if Capcom is willing to gambling for that kind of concept.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
fubarduck said:

Cry moar fubarduck. Im not going anywhere T___T

Except if KOF XIII is released this year, in that case i dont know what a SSFIV is.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Fersis said:
Cry moar fubarduck. Im not going anywhere T___T

Except if KOF XIII is released this year, in that case i dont know what a SSFIV is.

Are you positive that KOF XIII wouldn't be big let down compare to KOF XII. I dislike KOF XII, because it felt so incomplete.

_dementia said:
If Tekken 6 can have a balanced, 40+ roster, so can SF!

Problem is that we are talking about CAPCOM. They rarely make good balanced roster.

fubarduck said:

Fubar, I could care less about the fairweather fans. They serve a means to an end. I want them all to buy the game, which means Capcom will continue to produce Street Fighter titles and we don't have what we had from 1999 to 2008.

kitzkozan said:
This is more or less the best possible roster,with a couple of omission which aren't necessary. :p Now there's no excuse to see so many Ryu's online,even if he's still a monster in SSF IV.I am somewhat saddened to look at Guile versus the new fighters however.His iconic status won't save him from the brink of extinction if he doesn't have some new tricks.

IMO Guile should just receive the Terry '02 treatment. Keep things rather straightforward but make him do a lot of damage.

IntelliHeath said:
perhaps..

would people buy SSF4T if there is no additional characters in? I don't know. I think Capcom would figure out that more characters = more money for them, but let see if Capcom is willing to gambling for that kind of concept.

True, but another 10 characters would be a little much. I think the amount of new characters introduced in ssf4 is already pushing it.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
_dementia said:
If Tekken 6 can have a balanced, 40+ roster, so can SF!

Hard to compare 2d to 3d, but KOF98UM had a well-balanced 44-man roster with 15 or so alternate versions of chars. Krauser dominated a bit, but he wasn't as bad as SF4 Sagat.

2k2UM did a respectable job also.

All SSF4 will need probably is a rebalance patch that adds in easier timing on links and 3 button mash inputs.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
yeah too many characters is a bad thing.

I wodner how SF V will go, actually. Ihope at least half a new roster, or even better yet, skip it and make a new IP or Darkstalkers game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
God's Beard said:

Exactly, that's my point. I think Capcom realized that from SF2 series, but I could be wrong.

Spiderjericho said:
Fubar, I could care less about the fairweather fans. They serve a means to an end. I want them all to buy the game, which means Capcom will continue to produce Street Fighter titles and we don't have what we had from 1999 to 2008.

Well, I never bought SF4, but my friend lend me SF4 all of time since I predicted that they would make SSF4.

However I would support them at long that they still make good fighting game that I can enjoy.

lemon__fresh said:
True, but another 10 characters would be a little much. I think the amount of new characters introduced in ssf4 is already pushing it.

Well, it is just an idea. If they only add 3 new characters and characer specific stages for everyone then I am fine with it.

At long they add Karin, Hugo and Alex. If only one make into game then I would buy it because a lot of my friends will buy new one and chain will continue until our friends fade apart.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Hitokage said:
Put me down as somebody who will be happy if any SSF4 followup doesn't have any new characters.

Yeah pretty much have the same opinion... all the greats rea mostly in, too much is like not enough! Balancing and overall quality will take a hit... please capcom lets not throw in the kitchen sink! What is there now is extremely good...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
IntelliHeath said:
Are you positive that KOF XIII wouldn't be big let down compare to KOF XII. I dislike KOF XII, because it felt so incomplete.
Its my job to get hyped 'til sub-atomic levels and then explode into disappointment .
Its the mature thing to do. :/

AMUSIX

So...3 dozen characters, right? How many stages are there? 20?

THAT'S what they should have been working on....give each character a home stage. Ryu is partially defined by his rooftop...Guile by his base...Chun Li by her street with cyclists. All of the original fighters have iconic locales...the same care should be given to the newcomers.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
AMUSIX said:
So...3 dozen characters, right? How many stages are there? 12?

THAT'S what they should have been working on....give each character a home stage. Ryu is partially defined by his rooftop...Guile by his base...Chun Li by her street with cyclists. All of the original fighters have iconic locales...the same care should be given to the newcomers.

Totally Agreed with that.

Also that is one of reason why I want Alex in. I love Alex's stages. SF3:2 and SF3:3s because I really like his stage.

Since if we are going with home stage, then it is more likely that they would add Elena and claim that african stage as her home stage, so kill two bird with one stone.

XenoRaven

AMUSIX said:
So...3 dozen characters, right? How many stages are there? 20?

You'd rather have stages than characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom