• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threi

notag
ggs pandaman

i was learning the mechanics of the game on the fly, complete with SF4 timing (all the links were slow) :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Threi said:
ggs pandaman

i was learning the mechanics of the game on the fly, complete with SF4 timing (all the links were slow) :lol
same, this is my third or fourth go.

and damnit gaf, dont start watching when threi first picked ken! poor makky wasnt ready for that.

GG's gods beard too. i managed choke a bitch > standing fierce > F.hayate once! yay! dont think my pad likes half circles.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
MIMIC said:
slightly ahead of Akuma's, which is a cool looking stupid
IMO, Akuma's second ultra is plain ol' stupid looking stupid. The way he spins around like Taz or a beyblade or something.

Air fireball ultra please.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Pandaman said:
i dont know anyones ggpo xD

all of you be more like godsbeard
I have just discovered GGPO runs great on the new connection, and my Viper pad works too.

If you spot Bobbio then holla. I live in the UK, so let's see how we go with lag.

Arthrus

-COOLIO- said:
i prefer english VOs for the simple reason that i dont know japanese. is this the case for anyone else?

i couldnt even tell of japanese VO was good or not

That's how it is for some of my friends, but not me. To me the sound of what they're saying is much more important than what they actually say. Therefore a Japanese voice is preferable if it seems to suit the character better than the English one. Knowing what the characters are saying is nice, but sometimes it isn't worth it. Sometimes I'd rather not know what they're saying :lol

MIMIC said:
And maybe I'm a little late on the pipedream wishlist bandwagon, but I really want the ability to change the button config while playing online. You can do it on-the-fly offline so why not online (like during the character select or something)? I have to make my button config acceptable for all of my characters when playing online and that limits the moves of 3 or 4 of the other characters that aren't my main. I use the pad (and I'm too good to even entertain the thought of relearning the game on the stick) and it's kinda frustrating. But I've dealt with it thus far so it's not THAT big of an issue. Still want it, though.

They need to overhaul the shitty existing button remapping in SF4.

Fucking doing it wrong, and it's more time consuming and frustrating than it needs to be.

HDR does it right bitches, anything else is unacceptable! >:|

Axis

if anyone wants to play 3s on ggpo starting in about 20 my ggpo name is vexco...just getting back into it after a year or so...so be gentle!

Ferrio

Banned
Pandaman said:
its actually pretty good for distance.

unless that guy wasn't really russian...

Hrmm.. I'm intrigued... wonder if my USB adapter is around. If it is... I'll have to figure out this voodoo and unleash some hayates.

Man, Chris Eubank really is Dudley. Cross Counter, Ducking Upper, Backswing Blow, it's all there. He even says gentleman and dignified a lot. Even called one guy a street punk.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
God's Beard said:
I hate fighting Urien so much. :-( I won 1 out of 10 vs. Ness' Urien, poor Twelve and Q :lol

Good game, ness. I'll learn how to super for next time, I promise! :lol
Another Twelve?? Awesome. He's now my second main after Hugo. Probably the most frustrating/rewarding character ever.

Wallach

-COOLIO- said:
i prefer english VOs for the simple reason that i dont know japanese. is this the case for anyone else?

i couldnt even tell of japanese VO was good or not

With a game like this, I kind of just wish that character spoke whatever language they should be speaking for their country of origin. It's not like anyone actually gives a shit what they're saying, and there are subtitles if you really want someone to understand what is being said.

noisome07

Banned
more avatars if anyone wants them:

ixqwpd.jpg

vsmdfa.jpg

bob_arctor said:
Another Twelve?? Awesome. He's now my second main after Hugo. Probably the most frustrating/rewarding character ever.

No, I just fuck around with him because it's fun to fly all over the place and XCOPY people. Plus, he has the best win quotes. I used to be pretty good with Q, but it's been years since I've mained him so my mind's all scrambled whenever I try to fight with him. My secondary was Denjin Ryu, but I was never great with him to begin with. The only character I can use effectively right now is Dudley, who I started using a little after SSF4 came out because I couldn't deal with the slower gameplay and I wanted to try a less turtly playstyle compared to Q.

Right now I'm focusing on normals and EX moves, which works pretty well for me, but I won't be able to beat stronger players until I sit down and work on Corkscrew Blow. There were a few matches with ness that were clearly decided on my inability to follow up on the openings I created. Especially with Urien, since you don't get a lot of opportunities, and ness is pretty good at escaping corner pressure to begin with.

Platy

Hmm .... sakura vs ibuki brings me pocket fighter memories ...

Anyone care to give me a good screen of ibuki and sakura stading in their street 4 versions for me to play a little in photoshop ? =3

I know there is some in this tread ...but i'm totaly not in the mood of walking 200 posts backs to the annoucement ones =P

dankir

StickyFingers said:
I'll take this one thank you very much.

I saw the Japanese trailer and it pretty much confirms me using the JP VO for these 3 characters.

Really Japanese Dudley sounds fucking awful. What the hell did you guys expect Dudley to sound like? They aren't going to use the same VA first of all and he's like a Snooty Tooty British guy. Cockney Slang like.

Everybody complains initially and then will just accept it eventually.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I made my own! muahahahaha!

I like it dark. She is ready to strike from the shadows.

noisome07

Banned
if you guys want one (an avatar) just provide a link to a video or something. or even a picture. doesn't matter.

that goes for you too kdash

MIMIC

Banned
I wish I could be as excited as many in people in this thread were about the 3rd Strike roster reveal. I only played a very small amount of 3rd Strike last year at my friend's place during college and I only picked Chun-Li and that guy that plays like Guile. :)

KuroNeeko

Fuk!

I was all set to play Ibuki / Guy and then Hakan JP voice comes out in fukin Kansai-ben! :lol

Just curious, but I wonder what happens when Hakan eats a Yoga Fire / Flame / Inferno... does he just lose the game or what?

I don't think you're going to get a Hakan reveal this week, unless it's a total surprise. I doubt they'd tease him and then drop him a few days later - especially with about 2 1/2 months left before the game hits the shelves.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Someone already took it, so I'll take the Makoto one just to piss off Makoto players! Muahaha!
...and because she is cool and I wish I knew how to play with her correctly

I'll just have to wait till later to do something more original with Ibuki...

FindMyFarms said:
Ok, I'm not sure where keno's comin up with this BS, don't know what version he's playing but he's straight up wrong

Gen still has invincibility on ex oga. Gen still has mk hands x2. Hands is still 5 inputs.
Shin_Kojima said:
Can you kindly tell how certain you are of this sir?

100% Sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom