• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brobzoid said:
If I wanna dual mod a stick does it matter if it's a 360 or ps3 one?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think I read it has to be a 360 one.
There's an official GAF arcade stick thread. I recommend looking around in there.

zlatko

Banned
_dementia said:

I remember making this last April after falling in love with Aokage's custom Ryu TE.
Hey, it has newfound relevance now!

Wow. I'd buy that sexy thing in a heartbeat. Madcatz should steal your idea! :lol

Brobzoid said:
If I wanna dual mod a stick does it matter if it's a 360 or ps3 one?

360 stick is easier. Then you can just use a cthulhu chimp board. If you you do use a PS3 stick you need an imp switch and a common ground 360 pcb I believe. Never tried a PS3 stick myself. Friend helped me dual mod my 360 stick and it wasn't too bad.

GrayFoxPL

arstal said:
Other games say otherwise.

For 3D- VF5 shits on SF4.
2D- GGPO, Blazblue, HDR shit on SF4

there's a reason it isn't used for Sf4, but it's not "As good as it's gonna get"

Whether it's acceptable or not is up for debate (I think it is at 3 bars and above, definitely at 4.)

Stopped playing HDR because of the bullshit it does. Seeing how move animation being reverted, instances in when you throw oponnent but after few frames it get canceled in shoryuken in your face, or sweep knockdown animation that gets canceled because the stupid game can't decide what had priority and cancels the animation again, makes me facepalm. HDR online was a mess. Game just robbed you. Never happened in SF4 that's why I rate it above it.

Stantron

2v01j52.jpg

Awesome. :lol :lol

NeoCross

palpabl_purpura said:
Hey, I noticed in one of the screenshots, Makoto's super bar at the bottom of the screen reads "time" which is not the usual appearance. Is V-ism back?
It's her super, Tanden Renki activated

palpabl_purpura said:
Hey, I noticed in one of the screenshots, Makoto's super bar at the bottom of the screen reads "time" which is not the usual appearance. Is V-ism back?

Nah, her super lets her power up(i.e. do more damage) for a period of time.

panda21

what do ibuki and cody say in the english trailer? "ibuki! somethingsomething", "lets see what we can do about my balls" is all i can make out

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
panda21 said:
what do ibuki and cody say in the english trailer? "ibuki! somethingsomething", "lets see what we can do about my balls" is all i can make out
Ibuki on the scene and let's see what we can do about my boredom, but yours work too.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
GrayFoxPL said:
Stopped playing HDR because of the bullshit it does. Seeing how move animation being reverted, instances in when you throw oponnent but after few frames it get canceled in shoryuken in your face, or sweep knockdown animation that gets canceled because the stupid game can't decide what had priority and cancels the animation again, makes me facepalm. HDR online was a mess. Game just robbed you. Never happened in SF4 that's why I rate it above it.

In msot of those cases, those would be 1 and 2-bar connects in Sf4. Let's put it this way- US-japan is playable in HDR (and I'm east coast), SF4 east coast-west coast is often unplayable.

GGPO netcode is about minimizing input delay, not smoothness. You can turn up input delay if you wish in HDR, and rollbacks happen less.

Swittcher

Banned
Those three gifs in such close proximity elicits lulz from me.

While the third strike characters are awesome, and all three were ones I used plenty back in the day, I'm still most excited for Cody and Guy. I really liked Cody as a character in A3, but hated how damn slow he was, and what little priority he had on everything save for rock toss.

Plus, I love his English VA.

I'm wearing my Final Fight Streetwise t-shirt RIGHT NOW.

You know, Dudley is growing on me, I was never too keen on SF3 as I never played it much and would always scrub as Ryu or someone I knew.

But I am still a Balrog fan more :p must beat down the Dudley's!

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Well i made the plunge and got myself a second madtcatz TE stick for my ps3! Know I need to find some amazingly high resolution wallpapers/art for DUDLEY so I can start modding my stick. Anyone has any idea where I should start looking?

rocK`

Banned
Heh...I want a 'Team Dudley' avatar to go against the 'rog fans in here.

Anyone mind whipping one up with the focus on his curleh mustache?

Swittcher

Banned
DarkoMaledictus said:
Well i made the plunge and got myself a second madtcatz TE stick for my ps3! Know I need to find some amazingly high resolution wallpapers/art for DUDLEY so I can start modding my stick. Anyone has any idea where I should start looking?

I think there were some posted a few pages back.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Makoto is so boss. I hope we can get a clear shot of her at the end of her Sechusen Godansuki pose so I can have a new avatar. :D

ShinAmano

DarkoMaledictus said:
There were some that were in the 2K pixel range a few pages back like noted...I am still looking for extra high res 4k+ Ken and Ryu images not just regulated to SF 4 images either...would be massively appreciated if people could point me in the right direction.

ShinAmano

Just a friendly heads up. I noticed on Madcatz website that if you but a comic con fightpad for either 360 or PS3 you get one free...so 2 for about $47 after shipping. I am tempted to bite, but I already have one and a TE stick...I wish I could get one for PS3 and a free 360 one...that would be awesome.

Okay so I started playing Mak in 3S because I want to main her in Super IV
I mained Q and Remy (lolz) so it's quite a change of pace, but I really like her.

I'm kinda bad though. I can land karakusa, fierce xx SAII 90% of the time, but I like, spend the whole round fishing for karakusas super obviously.

edit: Blim! Yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom