• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oily, Gentlemanly Super Spin Fighter 4 Reveal Thread of Kunoichis and Karatekas

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Seems the original voice actor for Dudley is Francis Diakowsky, wonder why capcom didn t get him... atleast they should of got someone who was close to his voice... felt completly out of place!

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Cowie said:
As much as I try not to graphics-whore too much, this looks like a completely different game at 60fps. Thanks!

The console version ran at what fps? I'm hoping to hear 60... otherwise going to be extremely disappointed!!

DarkoMaledictus said:
Seems the original voice actor for Dudley is Francis Diakowsky, wonder why capcom didn t get him... atleast they should of got someone who was close to his voice... felt completly out of place!
According to imdb he hasn't done any voicework since 2000
perhaps he is dead or in prison or something

rocK` said:
Hmm...

In the SSF4 Trailer I noticed Makoto uses SA3 then SA1...was that a super ?
yes, tanden renki is her super

DarkoMaledictus said:

It's not completely out of place, it's way closer to Chris Eubank than the old voice, but his old voice was really iconic and hard to let go of after being the best voice in Street Fighter for 10 years.

Ferrio

Banned
So something has me worried about Makoto.

So far reports say they've only found the way to combo and ultra is from her super. If that's the case then you pretty much have to choose between using EXs or landing super/ultra. That bites.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:
It's not completely out of place, it's way closer to Chris Eubank than the old voice, but his old voice was really iconic and hard to let go of after being the best voice in Street Fighter for 10 years.

Thats the problem, most people really don't care about the real life counterpart, its the Dudley from sf3 they care about. I immediately loved him and his voice was a good part of the reason why.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Wark said:
Why doesn't Dudley have eyebrows? I never really noticed that until now. :lol

Why does he even have eyes? You can't see them in 3S unless he does a SA.

Cowie

Ferrio said:
So something has me worried about Makoto.

So far reports say they've only found the way to combo and ultra is from her super. If that's the case then you pretty much have to choose between using EXs or landing super/ultra. That bites.

Yeah, I've been getting that impression. No Karakusa>ultra even? which seems stupid. Especially since Gouken gets a free ultra off of a regular throw. I'm trying not to worry myself too much about early impressions and basic footage, but she seems to be shaping up mediocre ;\

Cowie said:
Yeah, I've been getting that impression. No Karakusa>ultra even? which seems stupid. Especially since Gouken gets a free ultra off of a regular throw. I'm trying not to worry myself too much about early impressions and basic footage, but she seems to be shaping up mediocre ;\

She couldn't karakusa -> SA2 to begin with, though, took too much time. Hell, I'm pretty sure SA1 had too much startup to hit reliably, too.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Cowie said:
Untechable throw into Ultra? No thanks....

Cowie

hikarutilmitt said:
She couldn't karakusa -> SA2 to begin with, though, took too much time. Hell, I'm pretty sure SA1 had too much startup to hit reliably, too.

Karakusa> SA1 worked for me fairly consistently, I thought, but maybe I'm misremembering. I was never expecting to combo into SA2 now that it's an ultra, though.

edit: nvm

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Cowie said:

Makoto always had to smack you before any Super. Gouken get an ultra off a throw that can be tech by a snail. Karakusa can be tech, probably got more reach and (hopefully) beats most throws.

The english Dudley wouldn't be a problem if his opening quote didn't suck so much. Everybody wants to hear "let's fight like gentlemen" and then he steps out with that pansy crap.

Swittcher

Banned
God's Beard said:
The english Dudley wouldn't be a problem if his opening quote didn't suck so much. Everybody wants to hear "let's fight like gentlemen" and then he steps out with that pansy crap.

Yeah, I think that's the main problem.

Who directed the english VO for SFIV vanilla?

Ferrio

Banned
Cowie said:
Karakusa> SA1 worked for me fairly consistently, I thought, but maybe I'm misremembering. I was never expecting to combo into SA2 now that it's an ultra, though.

I love SA2, hope there's some way to land it in the game consistantly.

Swittcher said:
Yeah, I think that's the main problem.

Who directed the english VO for SFIV vanilla?

I think it was the Japanese team that did all the english work, and they even mentioned that they didn't really know what the characters were saying in one of the blogs.

Swittcher

Banned
God's Beard said:
I think it was the Japanese team that did all the english work, and they even mentioned that they didn't really know what the characters were saying in one of the blogs.

lol, that's awesome.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
God's Beard said:
:|

God's Beard said:
I am guessing they did that because they do not have multiple intros in SSF4 like they did in SF3s

so he would be saying Gentlemen to female characters.

while in SF3s (especially 3S), characters had multiple different intros depending on opponent/type

but I agree that ''Let's begin'' to be totally generic

Krackatoa

Well-Then.png

Dudley vs. Abel is going to make people do a double-take. :lol

BTW, if anyone was still looking for their hi-res artwork:

Measurements:
● 3620 x 5120
● 3620 x 5120
● 3620 x 5120
● 3340 x 3764
● 1315 x 1200
● 3285 x 3000

Bit compressed, though.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Krackatoa said:
Well-Then.png

Dudley vs. Abel is going to make people do a double-take. :lol

Wait, really? How did this get past Q/A? Two characters with near identical intros. Let's just have everyone in SF4 start a game with, "Hey, let's get started", "Yo, the fight will commence" or "Well then, let's begin".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom