• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Oneechanbara TGS kiosk

Salsa

Bxyr_ngIIAAPLF8.jpg:large

oh

fedexpeon

Banned
I admire this art installation.

Me too.
You can tell that the artist wants to represent that we are still kid in our adult age, and we want to go back to that childhood time. We want to use gaming as a way to bring us back when we were still breast-feeding, and to have the feeling of being take care off from ours mom.

I really like this statement from the Oneechanbara team.

Japan, you're embarrassing the world.

Why can't you act like the rest of the first world countries?
With weird double standards regarding the censorship of sexuality and violence? What a thing to aim for!

I don't see what's embarrassing here. Everyone knows these games are absurdly stupid campy nonsense.

Afraid of sex?

With weird double standards regarding the censorship of sexuality and violence? What a thing to aim for!

I don't see what's embarrassing here. Everyone knows these games are absurdly stupid campy nonsense.

I'm sorry for not being clear. I've got nothing against sex in games, but I find it sad that while the rest of the game convention industry has moved away from the booth babe, the women as objects culture; Japan stays the same and doesn't give a fuck.

/endofrant

kiryogi

Banned
I'm sorry for not being clear. I've got nothing against sex in games, but I find it sad that while the rest of the game convention industry has moved away from the booth babe, the women as objects culture; Japan stays the same and doesn't give a fuck.

/endofrant

Its a cultural difference. East and West. While the West it's a huge deal, it's not our place to come into some other country and force changes on their way of life. You'd never find something like Akiihabara here and it's simply crawling with maid cafes and the like. It's Japanese nerd culture. Anime wife pillows, breast mousepads, you name it. You could say, it's opressive and sexist, but at the same time, there's also the whole puritanical views on sexuality in the West vs the East.

Top Bottom