• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Onion vs Babylon Bee

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018

Last edited:

Mihos

Gold Member
May 10, 2009
steamcommunity.com
Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
YAVIN BASE, OUTER RIM—Rebel scum across the galaxy are up in arms after Twitter suspended the account of astromech droid R2-D2 for apparently sharing stolen Imperial plans vital to the survival of the Rebellion. According to sources close to the droid, he has been unable to post anything to Twitter since his suspension last week.

"Here at Twitter, we take the safety and security of the galaxy very seriously," said Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey in a response. "Our sources tell us these are very important schematics to an Imperial superweapon stolen by wanted criminal Jyn Erso and a ragtag band of mercenaries. Our rules clearly state that such sensitive material is not appropriate to be shared on our platform. Anyone caught sharing or attempting to access this information will be permanently suspended and the coordinates of their planet will be given to the Empire. We apologize for our poor communication up to this point."

According to unnamed sources, analysis of the plans has revealed a weakness in the imperial superweapon. Imperial sources have dismissed this as "Rebel misinformation that should be ignored and forgotten immediately."

Representatives in the Imperial Senate were outraged to hear of R2's suspension from Twitter and demanded that Jack be immediately transported to Coruscant for questioning.

Unfortunately, these plans were canceled after the Emperor dissolved the Senate permanently.

Raven117

Oct 5, 2015
How are people so stupid?
They aren't. They are doing this on purpose. Humor has always been used to show the edges of absurdity, almost an anchor to the collective center of a society. You can't laugh unless it has been approved by the church of woke. Can't have people questioning the dogma.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rran

hariseldon

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2018
They aren't. They are doing this on purpose. Humor has always been used to show the edges of absurdity, almost an anchor to the collective center of a society. You can't laugh unless it has been approved by the church of woke. Can't have people questioning the dogma.
It's really quite incredible how blatant what's happening is. The shutting down, demonetisation and shadow-banning of all wrongthink on the social networks is extraordinary, I mean I've literally never seen anything like this in my life. I honestly can't wrap my head around the sheer madness of it all.

• Strength
Reactions: EviLore and Ryujin

Raven117

Oct 5, 2015
It's really quite incredible how blatant what's happening is. The shutting down, demonetisation and shadow-banning of all wrongthink on the social networks is extraordinary, I mean I've literally never seen anything like this in my life. I honestly can't wrap my head around the sheer madness of it all.
Same man. I don’t know where we are headed on this but I don’t like it

Reactions: hariseldon