• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 Gets New Direct-Feed Screenshots From Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aces&Eights

Yep, that's a classic The Order thread!

And now our watch has ended....

HXuHF7W.gif

Cornbread78

Has nothing to do with it being a Sony exclusive, has to do with crappy level design in that shot and over used effects.

I'm referring to the other comments, not level design...

Does it have "flaws" sure... Things could be different, however, this is the "artistic direction" they choose to use for the game and they are sticking to their guns with it. I guess we'll just have to play it before completely shitting on it. I know, I know... "opinions" man. It looks beautiful from everything I've seen so far, regardless of he sandbags aka "level design", so....

Classic *insert name of exclusive game here* thread!

Exactly, lol....

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I've come to the conclusion that every single The Order thread exists in a vacuum.

It does seem like there are a lot of people eager to comment on the game that have somehow ignored all previous discussion, but on a forum this big I guess that's bound to happen sometimes.

Ricky_R

It does seem like there are a lot of people eager to comment on the game that have somehow ignored all previous discussion, but on a forum this big I guess that's bound to happen sometimes.

I know, but still... It feels like many are playing dumb.

I don't mind criticism, btw. I just want it to be genuine and consistent.

jiiikoo

Banned
I changed my post before your post. That shot is horrible, I'm sorry. You can even see it continues even farther down the road.

You can watch videos of the game to see the over used effects, you don't need new screenshots for that.

You are entitled to your opinion, but let me ask you something.

If the bad guys have overtaken the bridge/road and want to protect it, knowing there are people coming to overtake it, why wouldn't they use sandbags. At first to protect themselves but when you, the player, advances along the bridge, why shouldn't you use them to your advantage? What would have been a better alternative, in your opinion.

That is the straight up stupidest complaint I think I've ever seen.

Name one shooter that doesn't do this.

Day of Defeat doesn't have crap thrown around in the official maps that I can remember. There is a lot of blown up buildings and sandbags too, but they make sense. They don't place a square sandbag in the middle of the street.

Not all games shooters have chest high objects thrown around in the middle of corridor you are fighting in. You can make it look more natural than what is shown.

Granted there is probably a reason for it in this shot, they want to allow traffic but impede it so people can't just speed on past.

You are entitled to your opinion, but let me ask you something.

If the bad guys have overtaken the bridge/road and want to protect it, knowing there are people coming to overtake it, why wouldn't they use sandbags. At first to protect themselves but when you, the player, advances along the bridge, why shouldn't you use them to your advantage? What would have been a better alternative, in your opinion.

I would build a wall of sandbags, not create cover for your enemies. You are on a road or bridge, there shouldn't be cover for your enemies to even get close to you.

KKRT00

They really messed visual side of this game with all those post effects. It would look better with less grain filter, no CA and lower values of dof and motion blur.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Well darn I was beaten.

It's truly a shame you weren't the first person to make this fresh and insightful comment.

They really messed visual side of this game with all those post effects. It would look better with less grain filter, no CA and lower values of dof and motion blur.

If you seen the videos going around lately it really doesn't look as over-processed as these screenshots.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I strongly disagree, especially with motion blur. It may not make for the best screens but the game looks very fluid in motion.

Classic *insert name of exclusive game here* thread!

I agree, but in this case it's especially bad. The Order is just a bland 3rd person shooter and walking/exploration simulator at the same time. The graphics look too blurry and too clean. We haven't seen enough gameplay (huehuehue) and ads. And we've seen too much.

Proxy

Yeah.. No. The Order shits on pretty much every game I've ever seen graphically imo.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
They are bad then. Not all games shooters have chest high objects thrown around in the middle of corridor you are fighting in. You can make it look more natural than what is shown.

Granted there is probably a reason for it in this shot, they want to allow traffic but impede it so people can't just speed on past.

I would build a wall of sandbags, not create cover for your enemies

Your argument has zero merit honestly. If we go down this road, we could argue every single enemy in the history of videogames is stupid for allowing anything to happen ever, including swarming turrets when the player gets into them, allowing objects to be used as cover, having major boss enemies attack only when the player has killed literally ever other enemy in the level, and so on.

It's a dumb thing to get hung up on. As they say, videa'games.

Aces&Eights

Yeah.. No. The Order shits on pretty much every game I've ever seen graphically imo.

Impossible to reason with those who just want to watch the world burn.

From what I have seen so far, this is hands down the best looking game I have ever seen. RAD just hit it out of the park on the IQ and I am quite excited to give them $60.00 in a week.

KKRT00

If you seen the videos going around lately it really doesn't look as over-processed as these screenshots.
Generally screenshots look worse from post-effect standpoint then animation, but this game basically resolves around screenshoting it and this art direction like eliminate the whole point.

Thats why i think SMAA T1x is glorious in Ryse in-game, but for screenshots i turn it off.

Still, blur from AA technique, is different than from CA and grain filter, those should be always up to a user if he wants them to be turn on or off. Same goes for lens flares, which personally dont annoy me, but some gamers, very.

Auctopus

Let me switch to my CRT.... much better!

Game looks great but its too close to Bloodborne, I'll pick it up in the late summer drought provided Phantom Pain isn't released and I'm finished with Witcher 3.

Looks amazing, thank god its actually tries to depict London in 1886, brown and gritty...

NeilsYard-545x408.jpg
i never knew they had such great cameras back then.

Learn something new every day.

Games looks amazing, can not wait.
people can hate on it as much as they want it will not effect my experience at all.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Your argument has zero merit honestly. If we go down this road, we could argue every single enemy in the history of videogames is stupid for allowing anything to happen ever, including swarming turrets when the player gets into them, allowing objects to be used as cover, having major boss enemies attack only when the player has killed literally ever other enemy in the level, and so on.

I feel bad for people who see cover in third person shooters and act like it's overly obvious. The only time I've really thought it felt out of place and forced was in the shooting tutorial in TLoU. Every other time it seems to fit with the environment the characters are in relatively well.

No they didn't. It's going for a specific aesthetic, and they nailed it. You don't have to like it of course, but they didn't mess anything up in regards to their artistic direction. It's much better captured in videos than stills, too.

Just make it make sense. All I'm asking for in this type of game.

I don't care in games that aren't trying to be somewhat realistic.

3DShovel

If this game provides a decent single-player campaign, I'll pick it up.

It needs to be Resident Evil 4 tier, though, and personally, I don't see it reaching that level.

jiiikoo

Banned
I would build a wall of sandbags, not create cover for your enemies. You are on a road or bridge, there shouldn't be cover for your enemies to even get close to you.

You would build a high wall of obstacles while you risk your own men not getting in and out of the road/bridge? So you would just hunker down there, never ever going anywhere, or just going out the back, never advancing?

The game looks stunning in motion. Who cares how screenshots look like?
They look great as well.

People who weren't planning on buying the game and people who don't own a PS4 care very much so. I'll even say there is a handful of people who were planning on buying the game and who do own a PS4 that care as well, but not to the extent of some of these posts.

I see a lot of faux concern, downplaying, and nitpicking which is true for most games that have face melting visuals or are exclusive to one platform or the other (PC, XBOX, or PS4).

nib95

Banned
I think this particular scene is just especially gritty and harsh. There are plenty of other screens from other areas in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom