• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 has gone gold

OsirisBlack

Banned
You guys going digital or disc copy? I wanna play it at midnight but would rather prefer an actual disc. Decisions decisions.

Got the premium edition paid off getting it the second it comes in our store, I buy almost all of my console games physical but I never trade them in.

This game just keeps on giving, it is a work of art and a beacon visually this generation....cannot wait for the 20th (or hopefully sooner).

yeah it really will be a showcase product. Like a Pixar movie you may not like but will put it on anyway when someone comes over just to show off how good it looks on your TV lol

i fully expect high quality from the product though. Nothing RAD has made has been a miss in the gameplay department, and all the latest vids and gifs have looked phenomenal

Cider

I'm going digital simply because that way my boyfriend and I can gameshare. I really love the Gahallad under Fire statue from the collector's edition though ;__;

viveks86

Really?? Wow.

Yeah I'm not really the kind that revisits old games, or resells games I've already played, or collects anything gaming related. I'm ok with the current prices, so retail discounts don't draw me in either. I mean zero offense to those who feel otherwise, but in my mind, it's a piece of plastic that is taking up space and gathering dust. I have no sentimental attachment to it whatsoever. Lol. So I went full digital at launch with a 1 TB SSD. Should last me another year before I need to delete anything :D

Yoday

If yall don't mind answering, for those who have gone all digital so far this gen. What are your internet speeds?
50mbps, but downloading on the PS4 is currently screwed up and it regularly only reaches about 4mbps while actually downloading. Even at that speed preloading means it doesn't really matter though. Also, never having to swap discs means I actually play games more often, as it is easier to boot up a game for a few minutes and then quickly swap to something else. Digital creates a sort of impulse gaming where as I have to really want to play something if I am going to go swap a disc.

MDSLKTR

Yeah I'm not really the kind that revisits old games, or resells games I've already played, or collects anything gaming related. I'm ok with the current prices, so retail discounts don't draw me in either. I mean zero offense to those who feel otherwise, but in my mind, it's a piece of plastic that is taking up space and gathering dust. I have no sentimental attachment to it whatsoever. Lol. So I went full digital at launch with a 1 TB SSD. Should last me another year before I need to delete anything :D
Went with a 1tb also but I'm scared to look at the remaining space lol

One question: If I pre-order this game on Amazon, will it be delivered to my house on release date or the day after? If I cannot have my game on day 1, I might just pre-order it somewhere else and pick up at store instead.

Wow, I can't believe that this is the first time I pre-order something. The hype is so blind :D

viveks86

If yall don't mind answering, for those who have gone all digital so far this gen. What are your internet speeds?

This is what I get over WiFi

4105584060.png

viveks86

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say this before, and people very regularly say the opposite.

Can you explain why that is?

His contention is that compression tends to hide a lot of IQ flaws, especially in texture quality, aliasing and micro details. I don't think that applies to this game because I've played it at PSX. But in general, it is valid for the most part, though aliasing can sometimes be exaggerated with compression. When you know something is compressed, you tend to focus on the good stuff and ignore the flaws (if you can see them in the first place).

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
His contention is that compression tends to hide a lot of IQ flaws, especially in texture quality, aliasing and micro details. I don't think that applies to this game because I've played it at PSX. But in general, it is valid for the most part, though aliasing can sometimes be exaggerated with compression. When you know something is compressed, you tend to focus on the good stuff and ignore the flaws (if you can see them in the first place).

I guess I'd make the same argument for off-screen video, which often makes a game look better to me rather than worse because my mind fills in the details I know are being lost. So I can see where this argument is coming from.

But I'm still having a hard time imagining a compressed image that covers flaws without introducing some other equally bad (or worse) flaws.

viveks86

But I'm still having a hard time imagining a compressed image that covers flaws without introducing some other equally bad (or worse) flaws.

They would introduce new flaws. But since you know the new flaws are because of compression you would look past it. In that process, you end up overlooking IQ flaws altogether. A critic would simply refuse to judge a compressed shot because it has muddled the waters. A layman would make the best of what he's got.

Nuke Soda

Watched the Japanese trailer with the shootout in kitchen and I really want the game to have a Japanese voice option with English subs now.

They have changed the lighting in this particular scene in final build. Characters also seem to have better self shadows.

I think new one is definitely better and gives almost a CGI like vibe.

Also this GIF compares the ancient build to the new build (Gamescom)

God damn where's that old build gif from?? Looks like a completely different game.

Vitor711

They have changed the lighting in this particular scene in final build. Characters also seem to have better self shadows.

I think new one is definitely better and gives almost a CGI like vibe.

Also this GIF compares the ancient build to the new build (Gamescom)

Much more naturalistic. Big improvements. Can't wait for this.

truth411

WOW, that couldn't have been cheap.

viveks86

when did this happen?? I didn't see the thread.

edit:NVM.

Wow the difference is massive.

Here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=945256

WOW, that couldn't have been cheap.

It wasn't. Back then it was $600 or something. I was on that PS4 SSD thread going back and forth on which to get, then I was like "Screw it, I'm going all in". Was mostly a stupid impulse decision. But given how well it has performed so far, I don't regret it :D

Top Bottom