• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 - New Gameplay Footage Released Before Embargo

KissVibes

Banned
You are in luck then, because the game involves alternate history werewolve hybrids. We've known that since the reveal at E3.

I know!

I want them to show more of what's compelling about the game, give me something to latch on to other than visuals. I know the game looks good and I've been excited to finally see gameplay, but the first footage I see is a tiny alleyway and guys getting shot from behind. It doesn't make a good impression with me.

boeso

yeah I think it's unfortunate that these small "issues" popped up and diverting discussions but most people are amazed with what they have done. And RAD will polish this game up well I'm sure

I don't think it diverted anything from the majority of people.

Any word of special editions yet Demon?

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm in the 'let's wait and see' camp. It's astonishing how the TLOU threads mirrored these threads prior to it's release.

Does anybody got a link to the first TLOU reveal trailer thread? I want to see how many "boring zombie game" and "zzzzzz looks likes Uncharted with zombies" comments there are.

People shouldn't be to negative (or positive for that matter) when we have seen as much as we have. Sure you can express concerns and wishes, but to write something off completely with only this much information is borderline trolling imo.

A Hollywood writer? That's usually a bad sign as they're brought too late in the stage of development and are mostly giving the game moments a plot and some context. Or just writing those audio diaries and supplementals that few care for.

Do you have any reason to believe that's the case here?

Loudninja

Does anybody got a link to the first TLOU reveal trailer thread? I want to see how many "boring zombie game" and "zzzzzz looks likes Uncharted with zombies" comments there are.

People shouldn't be to negative (or positive for that matter) when we have seen as much as we have. Sure you can express concerns and wishes, but to write something off completely with only this much information is borderline trolling imo.
Here you go
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=455132

n!smo

Neo Member
What I like most about what I saw in the initial trailer (and which is maintained in the new trailer) is the atmosphere. Gameplay-wise it doesn´t have to reinvent the wheel. As long as it has a nice setting and story/characters, I´m good.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Good job with them quick gifs, viveks86. I need high bitrate direct feed footage on gamersyde asap please!

Depends if Sony considers this to be b-roll or not. More than likely it will be, so we won't have it on the site. Though of course you can be certain someone will upload it to mega or somewhere else, as usual.

Jburton

Banned
It looks gorgeous! Really outstanding for a studio that mostly made portable games.

But yeah and you guys will quote me.
After playing Ryse (which showed me what next gen could do) I am not as wowed. Both even look about the same to me, lighting, texturing / character models etc

Still hate the 21:9.
It far exceeds Ryse, let's not be silly here.

Easily the best looking next gen game yet.

Thanks viveks86 for the gifs:

imu4pB3yVOMiL.gif

iGansb4rcnV0.gif

ibcVtwrXIz21pK.gif

i7rnLSnEalyXe.gif

iGhBxyjFoNdJ3.gif

iVnBFaeR9TyG4.gif

ibdi3iFUmuQkAf.gif

And a couple more from me:

icXCthWa7Vpza.gif

i6yq528lHzCyM.gif

kharak

Neo Member
I don't think anything was prerendered. Everything seems realtime. The guy in the video seemed to mistake the realtime cutscene for prerendered CGI.

the first sequence, upper the roof, it's seen to be a pre-render cg. Effects and ilumination look much better than the rest of the video.

kyser73

Re: physics.

There's just a little taste of it...when the 2nd dude jumps between the buildings he lands heavily and gets his foot trapped in the wood.

ron_bato

Lol, you called it man. There were already a bunch of them on the first page. Anyway, we have about 3 hours to go for the trailer. All aboard the hype traiiinnnnnnnnnnn

Depends if Sony considers this to be b-roll or not. More than likely it will be, so we won't have it on the site. Though of course you can be certain someone will upload it to mega or somewhere else, as usual.

Again, I think Neogaf should have scheme to support your website or something. I would happily contribute. You guys represent the desire for representative footage.

Also a chase scene from Buckingham Palace through St James is EXACTLY what I want to see!

Do you have any reason to believe that's the case here?
Did I say that? I'm going by the history of no well written game when a Hollywood writer was brought on. It'd be nice to hear the writer was brought in early, but I'm not holding my breath. Game writing is very different from a movie script, so its not like the skills transfer the same quality.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

What we've seen is a graphical showcase, and I'm not disappointed! People trying to draw conclusions about anything other than graphics from this one tiny clip are insane. I spat my drink out when I read 'It's literally just a corridor shooter'.

Dead Man

You're not saying they were writing it off though, right?

bombshell

I know!

I want them to show more of what's compelling about the game, give me something to latch on to other than visuals. I know the game looks good and I've been excited to finally see gameplay, but the first footage I see is a tiny alleyway and guys getting shot from behind. It doesn't make a good impression with me.

To be fair, this video has broken the embargo. I think we should wait until we see the new trailer later today, because the footage we see in the video in this thread was always intended to be accompanied by the new trailer we are getting later today.

You made the statement mate. If you don't want to explain it, why bother making it? Or should I just read into it that you have no clue what you are talking about and are back pedalling?

I don't know what your reading?

I basically wrote
It looks like Real Next Gen
Not souped up current gen on the PC (like a lot of ports look like on the consoles too)

I have no idea what is hard to understand. Very few games are built for the PC anymore to really push high end architecture to the limits.

If you don't understand that. /wave

I don't know what your reading?

I basically wrote
It looks like Real Next Gen
Not souped up current gen on the PC (like a lot of ports look like on the consoles too)

I have no idea what is hard to understand. Very few games are built for the PC anymore to really push high end architecture to the limits.

If you don't understand that. /wave

Completely agree. If we had games targetted at 780s then we could have something like this visual fidelity in a massive open world setting. PC hardware can be ridiculously powerful, but no games are built solely around their specs. Not even Crysis 3, since it shares the same level design and basic geometry with the PS3/360 versions.

Top Bottom