• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 new gifs and info

StuBurns

Banned
I wouldn't be too sure of that.

Sony has never tried to time releases to coincide with MS releases.
Well I didn't mean basically the same week. But Sony and MS do both always strive for a big holiday release, for MS it's been Gears or Halo for the most part, for Sony it's been Uncharted and GT.

Next holiday MS will have Halo 5, their biggest exclusive till Halo 6, and Sony will want their biggest thing to hit that same holiday, and it'll be UC4. It's as much just to sell five million copies of something as it is counter programming, but that aspect does matter.

Jachaos

You're not wrong at all, althoughwith MS, most people are probably coming from the point that while not officially confirmed, we at least have a really good firm idea that a Halo 2 anniversary thing will be coming out, and Forza Horizon 2, alongside Sunset Overdrive. On the PS4 side, we know about driveclub, but if there's no the order, we don't really know what there is. That might mean they've did a good job keeping a lid on it, it might mean there's nothing. There's project beast, but nothing has indicated when that will be.

True, and I do think having a weaker Fall line-up in terms of AAA games will hurt their marketing so they'll have to focus on having the better multiplatform versions in their PR, and their deals with Destiny, Ubisoft, etc.

The first half has been stronger for Sony though, inFamous, MLB, Transistor, Don't Starve, Final Fantasy, Outlast, Towerfall, etc. and if we can't count games also on PC, then that leaves inFamous and MLB vs Kinect Sports Rivals and Super Time Force as first-half first-party content. So far we don't know enough about the second half of the year yet, I'm pretty sure there will be Horizon 2 and Halo 2 as well, but we'll know more at E3 how it shapes up. If The Witness, The Order 1866, Hohokum, Hotline Miami 2 and Tropico 5 all come in 2014 and are well spread out, they could have a varied line-up of games that interest me.

Sid

No, but according to Wikipedia, Sony published the following PS3 exclusives:

Genji
Resistance: Fall of Man
Formula One Championship Edition
Motorstorm
Calling All Cars
Boku no Natsuyasumi 3
Warhawk
Lair
Heavenly Sword
PixelJunk Racers
Folklore
Rachet & Clank Tools of Destruction
The Eye of Judgment
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Sony's first year PS4 exclusive outlook (Obviously tentative):

Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
Resogun
Infamous Second Son
Driveclub
The Order (maybe)
Man,PS3's first year exclusives were so damn good,Uncharted,Resistance,Heavenly Sword,Ratchet and Motorstorm,PS4's exclusive lineup looks so bad especially considering we aren't sure if The Order will hit this year.

Cubed

Everybody keeps forgetting The Last of Us Remastered when listing PS4 exclusives. Argue all you want, but it's an exclusive AAA title.

Prologue

Well, Halo 1-2-3-4 plays as fine on Xbox and 360 then.

at least you get four games and a multiplayer component for one. Don't get me wrong, I'm picking both the remaster and the halo collection whenever I pick up console. The collection holds more value.

RalchAC

What if you don't have a PS3 and you want to play it? What then?

I have to agree with the other guys. TLOU is not an exclusive. They're not re-doing stuff, adding new content exclusively to the platform. Is the "GOTY Edition" we've been seeing the whole gen in another system.

Going but that logic, I could say Dark Souls II was a PS3 exclusive since I don't have a PC/360 but I want to play it.

I guess Minecraft Xbox One edition is exclusive to the Xbox One.

The game is a port, there will be people (especially on the US) that will play it for the first time. There will be people that would double dip because it's so damn awesome they think it's worth their money for a second time.

That's fine. But that's not an exclusive. If it was a "Director's Cut" with extra levels, some new scenes, multiplayer maps and other original stuff that wasn't seen on the PS3 version, things would be different. But as it is, I don't see any difference between this and GoW, Jak, Sly, R&C and Ico+SotC HD Collections.

Hopefully we'll see some interesting project from Japan Studios this year E3... And if plannets align we may see it launching this year :p

velociraptor

Man,PS3's first year exclusives were so damn good,Uncharted,Resistance,Heavenly Sword,Ratchet and Motorstorm,PS4's exclusive lineup looks so bad especially considering we aren't sure if The Order will hit this year.
I hope it hits this year because it doesn't look like they're going to release any other games.

Lemondish

I disagree with this. I think the quality of these PS4 exclusives so far (those published by Sony) far outweigh the quality of many of those PS3 titles. We also have NO idea what is coming after October.

I think we should all just wait until E3 to decide to harp on Sony for their first year of exclusives.

JavaMind

Banned
For sure at least one exclusive will come for Japan market, maybe can be DeepDown, or the new Souls game, or... Last G... we don't know... so for sure we gonna have more for this year.

TLOU is full HD port with Multiplayer and all DLCs i'm pretty confident will sell more than 1m...

About Xbox ONE they have what? SunsetOverdrive, Forza Horizon 2 and Halo Ports????

Jachaos

at least you get four games and a multiplayer component for one. Don't get me wrong, I'm picking both the remaster and the halo collection whenever I pick up console. The collection holds more value.

Wait is that collection really all four games remastered and multiplayer for 60$ ? They're all sold in the same package ?

DevilFox

Andrea Pessino has posted a message on an italian forum.
I'll translate the important parts (nice start, don't you think?)

Downgrade my ass. The game is now more detailed, dynamic and complex than it has ever been. Of course it's not finished yet and certainly we'll be able to get better performance before the release but in most cases, 99.99%, the frame rate is already solid and complexity is superior to what we promised. I'm sorry you've to see the game in such a terrible and low quality footage. If everything goes well, this situation will be fixed as soon as possible.

The core of the game is a TPS, for sure. It will not be a revolution, this has never been the intention, but I can assure you it's not "generic". It will be a unique experience as everything is mixed together, you'll see..

He also says thank you for support and criticism. Can't say anything about the release date.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Andrea Pessino has posted a message on an italian forum.
I'll translate the important parts (nice start, don't you think?)

He also says thank you for support and criticism. Can't say anything about the release date.
If I were him I'd be pretty pissed at the quality of the footage, especially since he's the technical director.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
For people that have not played it, TLOU is a huge exclusive. Port or not.

MMaRsu

Banned
I cant make threads anymore, and this is quite offtopic, but there is an IGN video thats titled ' Is the Xbox One just a PS4 now'? If someone maybe could make a thread about it. They talk about how Kinect is a gimmick etc and how that relates to Xbox One now.

I have to agree with the other guys. TLOU is not an exclusive. They're not re-doing stuff, adding new content exclusively to the platform. Is the "GOTY Edition" we've been seeing the whole gen in another system.

Going but that logic, I could say Dark Souls II was a PS3 exclusive since I don't have a PC/360 but I want to play it.

I guess Minecraft Xbox One edition is exclusive to the Xbox One.

The game is a port, there will be people (especially on the US) that will play it for the first time. There will be people that would double dip because it's so damn awesome they think it's worth their money for a second time.

That's fine. But that's not an exclusive. If it was a "Director's Cut" with extra levels, some new scenes, multiplayer maps and other original stuff that wasn't seen on the PS3 version, things would be different. But as it is, I don't see any difference between this and GoW, Jak, Sly, R&C and Ico+SotC HD Collections.

Hopefully we'll see some interesting project from Japan Studios this year E3... And if plannets align we may see it launching this year :p

So Halo 1 anniversary is a port and very likely the Xbox one version of Halo 2 will also be a port as well then?

StuBurns

Banned
Halo 2, or rather a Halo Collection is a bigger deal than TLoU. Firstly, it'll be the holiday title, not the summer, but more importantly Halo 2 was the birth of competent console online multiplayer, the nostalgia is going to be overwhelming. Left Behind came out all of three months ago. TLoU is a much better game than any of the Halos, but that's kind of irrelevant with the 'face off' aspect.

Although, even when people complained about Sony's line up, it's not like that means people think MS's is good.

Matush

This thread man, almost every post is about list wars and exclusives, rather than The Order. It's crazy OT. Close incoming.

I cant make threads anymore, and this is quite offtopic, but there is an IGN video thats titled ' Is the Xbox One just a PS4 now'? If someone maybe could make a thread about it. They talk about how Kinect is a gimmick etc and how that relates to Xbox One now.

To be honest that's pretty much what it is now. A weaker PS4, I myself will be getting mine with Kinect as I personally think is dumb to get it without it.

edit:

Grimløck;113390224 said:
i'm sure it'll be a "main course" for many who previously owned only 360s.

It doesn't matter if you had never eating a potato, the Burger is the main course not the fries.

ColiBreh1

Banned
Ij6PlZ4.png

https://twitter.com/NaughtyGods/status/471007452163747840

Boke1879

I don't mind a delay at all. Sure i'd rather not have one but it's going to lead to a better game. Driveclub looks like it's going to deliver thanks to the delay. Witcher 3 will no doubt benefit and this game will also.

I'll have plenty of 3rd party games to play this fall anyway. UFC, Destiny, COD, NBA2k, Dragon Age, Shadows of Mordor. Evolve. Still hoping Batman Arkham Knight makes it this year as well.

Boke1879

Same here. I'd rather Sony allow it's 1st & 2nd party studios extra time to get it right than to rush out a game

Exactly my thoughts. I'm still interested to see if Sony has anything else for this fall other than DriveClub. E3 will tell us. But mostly we'll see games for next year.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
TLOU may not be an exclusive to many, but for all of those people who changed platforms from MS/Nintendo this gen and bought a PS4, this is a great addition.

There are a TON of people I know that never owned a PS3 but bought a PS4.

Great for them :)

Top Bottom