• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 |OT| Gears of Yore

Skux

Please remember to mark all spoilers!

Maximise your browser and play The Knights Theme in the background for best OT hype train experience!

spoiler thread -♦- review thread -♦- official lore website -♦- trophy list -♦- game soundtrack (Spotify) -♦- screenshot thread

9P6pmt5.png

ZkYGOKO.png

JqhyCBw.png

ni0dg5d.png

GlJLwvv.png

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How big is the download?
A: The game is about 32GB. The game is playable once you have downloaded the first 7GB.

Q: Can I customise the controls?
A: Yes. You can swap the analog sticks as well as the triggers, swapping left to right and L1/L2 and R1/R2. You can also adjust turn speed, aiming speed, and scoped aiming speed.

Q: What is the camera bias setting in the options?
A: The camera bias setting lets you swap the over-the-shoulder view by pressing the left or right side of the touchpad. It can be enabled in the options.

Q: How do I do a 90-degree turn against cover?
A: Hold circle while in cover against a corner.

Q: Is there a chapter select?
A: Yes. You can go back and replay any chapter, as well as specific checkpoints within that chapter as you play through the game.

Q: I'm a hardcore GAF gamer and know my way around third-person shooters. What's the best way to play this the first time through?
A: Play on hard difficulty, with aim assist off, a good pair of headphones, and no distractions.

Q: Can I remove the black bars on screen?
A: No. The Order: 1886 is presented in a 2.40:1 aspect ratio, a popular standard for feature-length films. Most modern TVs and monitors use a 16:9 (1.77:1) aspect ratio which is not wide enough to accommodate the game's display area, so the display width is changed to fit the width of your monitor while maintaining the aspect ratio, and the space not used by the monitor is blank (known in film as letterboxing). Removing the black bars is impossible as there is nothing 'behind' them.

Q: Can I skip the cutscenes?
A: No. One of the goals of The Order: 1886 is to blur the distinction between cutscenes and gameplay. Both are blended together and therefore cannot be skipped.

Q: And crucially, vitally, absolutely most importantly, how long is the game?
A: As long as it takes you to finish it.
D4RU01b.png

Duxxy3

A: Yes. You can swap the triggers as well as the analog sticks. You can also adjust turn speed, aiming speed, and scoped aiming speed.

Possible to change aim/fire to the shoulder buttons?

Stimpack

Regardless of the reactions coming out of this thing, and my own personal opinions on what they're doing and saying, I hope that this ends up being a good game. Good games are good.

Oh yeah, baby! Let's go!!

Finally, Ready at Dawn's first console AAA game.
I'm so happy for them. Love these guys.

Great OT, OP!

ocean

Banned
So conflicted, I want to bite! Gunplay looks fun and the graphics are jaw dropping. I know I'll buy it at some point though. My dad has a 21:9 monitor I'll eventually hook this up to for a bar less experience :p

Skux

A: Yes. You can swap the triggers as well as the analog sticks. You can also adjust turn speed, aiming speed, and scoped aiming speed.

Yes you can do that too. I've edited it in.

jmaine_ph

I think that is what he meant. I can confirm shoulder buttons can be used for aim/shoot
Edit: Damn I was beat lol

nib95

Banned
Nice OT dude! Though I do think "I'm Lycan your Moustache" or something more personal to The Order would have been better suited.

In any case, looking forward to playing it.

CozMick

Banned
So conflicted, I want to bite! Gunplay looks fun and the graphics are jaw dropping. I know I'll buy it at some point though. My dad has a 21:9 monitor I'll eventually hook this up to for a bar less experience :p

Not sure ps4 would even support the monitor.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Can't wait for the reviews. There was a 4/5 and a 7/10 on N4G just now, but they were publications I have never heard off. Lets see! Just 3 more hrs to go for the reviews, yes?

Risgroo

Nice OT!
Very interested in this, not sure if I'll get it at launch, but it looks like my kind of game. Will decide once the reviews hit!

Hasney

Due to a voucher code, I've got this coming tomorrow for £25. Hoping to smash through it with a platinum, hopefully enjoy the story and then trade it in for a profit this week.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My gut says I won't like it but I'll end up buying and playing through anyway because I'm a sucker.

A: Yes. You can swap the triggers as well as the analog sticks, and swap the shoulder buttons (to use L1 to aim and R1 to fire). You can also adjust turn speed, aiming speed, and scoped aiming speed.

This pleases me greatly. So many devs neglect to include separate sensitivity options for aiming and looking around in console games. I like to turn my look/turn speed all the way up, but turn the aim sensitivity down so I can fine-aim better.

awesome job on the OT. I am watching a german guy live streaming it via twitch and surprisingly he hasn't been shut down yet. His PSN is Pantoffel_Held88.

TheWorldWarGame

Neo Member
I know this game has been getting a mixed reception for a while now with people calling it a QTE game with occasional moments of shooting, and the controversy surrounding its length added fuel to the fire. Despite all that I'm looking at this game in a positive light. I still am skeptical as I haven't seen much but the setting, story, and characters have me intrigued. The gameplay is your standard third person shooter but the guns look like they will keep things interesting. Hoping for the best.

Top Bottom