• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 screenshots

Loudninja

Thanks Zeno :)

The old uniforms are still in the game btw
@tiberiuslive those are "infiltration" uniforms, much more logical for combat - the full ceremonial ones are used in other places. :)
https://twitter.com/AndreaPessino/status/469990919815839744
These seem to be direct-feed screens from that live-stream, not sure if they've been posted already.

TO1886_WCH_Square_01_2014_05_21.jpg

TO1886_WCH_Square_05_2014_05_21.jpg

More here.

Spineker

Banned
I'm really hoping this turns out to be Sony's answer to Gears of War. Has multiplayer been confirmed or denied? It seems like they could make it work in a similar fashion.

MayMay

Banned
The old clothes are still in the game.

As mentioned in another thread, "those uniforms are still in the game and will be used in different areas because they are ceremonial uniforms, the ones in the new build are infiltration uniforms"

Edit: Beaten ^

Those clothes are still in the game. Its just when they are enter combat knowingly they wear more more appropriate clothing for the situation.

They are? Good - I didn't know that. Thanks! Faith restored.

KORNdoggy

As mentioned in another thread, "those uniforms are still in the game and will be used in different areas because they are ceremonial uniforms, the ones in the new build are infiltration uniforms"

Edit: Beaten ^

That's a relief. Great news too tbh, I have a thing for games that have multiple outfits as you progress based on the level etc. Uncharted 2/3 was good for that.

While the new version of the "dragging guy into building" screenshot has less colour, it looks more like that it will be the final version that we see in game.

The older version, while brighter, more colourful and has nicer clothes, doesn't represent the atmosphere of that scene in the game as well as the newer shot.

Dat indoor grass.

Edit: Oh wait it's outdoor you can see it in the other screen,

I still want to see the soft body physics demonstrated.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Hmm, I still absolutely love what they're doing visually with this game. It's one of the first games in which the final image really does look like a capture from a film of some sort (even if just a CG film). It really does look pre-rendered to a degree. Very impressive.

I'm really hoping this turns out to be Sony's answer to Gears of War. Has multiplayer been confirmed or denied? It seems like they could make it work in a similar fashion.

It won't. No MP, no co op in campaign. Seems completely bizarre to me but I guess it's because we've only seen the Gears type shooting gameplay as opposed to the investigation stuff.

Raist

Banned
I don't think ths game needs traditional MP, but it screams 4p co-op, since the different characters seem to be different "classes".

If it were tearing you'd see it across the entire frame, not just a portion of it.

It's definitely tearing. Look at the wall between Percival and Galahad.

Definitely looks like a game I'll buy when I eventually buy a ps4. Hopefully my shooter burnout is healed by then so I can enjoy it without cynicism crushing things.

iceatcs

The lighting is more mood than old one. Actually old one is look really cheap use, almost non-existent.

It is also a shame that there is no MP for this game.

The setting, the weapons, the enemies etc would all lend it to be a great game.

Even if it were a co-op horde mode where you end up fighting off waves and waves of varied enemies and then fight a Victorian real/fictional boss at the end. (loose with dates)

Jekyl/Hyde
Jack the Ripper
Moriarty
Springheeled Jack

Lots of variety there.

Top Bottom