• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 sequel could be headed to PS5 and Xbox Series X, if these leaked teases are right

GamerEDM

Banned
The Order: 1886 sequel could be headed to PS5 and Xbox Series X, if these leaked teases are right

btsfMxA.jpg

The next generation of consoles is looming large, and PS5 and Xbox Series X are going to need games. That means new challengers like Godfall, and it also means the return of some series that you may not have expected - like maybe The Order: 1886? And not as a PlayStation exclusive anymore?

While developer Ready At Dawn has confirmed it's working on a new AAA console game, it hasn't said anything specific about an Order sequel. A new leak from a NeoGAF poster who previously nailed most of the details for PS4 Pro several months before it was officially announced in September 2016 hints toward the possibility. OsirisBlack omitted some details to make the alleged PS5 and Xbox Series X game more difficult to identify, but they also dropped a few riddle-like teasers that pointed toward a The Order: 1886 sequel.

In short, the alleged gameplay trailer shows a man with a shoulder-mounted light device surveying a dim room, then firing on and fleeing from a yellow-eyed, many-armed creature. The monster taunts him from behind the door, "almost singing" the words "I have found you" before the game's title appears on the screen and the trailer ends. OsirisBlack says most of what they were shown was live gameplay rather than a cutscene, and specifically called at the lighting and physics as being "on another level".

There's no way to prove that this is actually a thing and not just OsirisBlack describing a dream they had the other night, or something. Their previous history with leaks helps lend this one some credence, but it's still worth taking with several grains of salt. Honestly, the most interesting part to me is that Ready At Dawn may still be trying to make The Order franchise work after the first one was so poorly received - I'm always on board for a redemption arc, especially when it involves steampunk Knights of the Round Table fighting monsters.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Lol @ Gamesradar's desperation in reporting every unconfirmed rumor they can find to keep those clicks running. Also, NeoGaf -> Internet -> NeoGaf.

Also, the alleged leaker responded "yes" to a question asking "Is this PS5 or Xbox?" which anyone with a functioning brain who isn't rushing to shoddily write the latest clickbait trash would not read as a confirmation that it's coming to both.

Last edited:

btsfMxA.jpg

The next generation of consoles is looming large, and PS5 and Xbox Series X are going to need games. That means new challengers like Godfall, and it also means the return of some series that you may not have expected - like maybe The Order: 1886? And not as a PlayStation exclusive anymore?

While developer Ready At Dawn has confirmed it's working on a new AAA console game, it hasn't said anything specific about an Order sequel. A new leak from a NeoGAF poster who previously nailed most of the details for PS4 Pro several months before it was officially announced in September 2016 hints toward the possibility. OsirisBlack omitted some details to make the alleged PS5 and Xbox Series X game more difficult to identify, but they also dropped a few riddle-like teasers that pointed toward a The Order: 1886 sequel.

In short, the alleged gameplay trailer shows a man with a shoulder-mounted light device surveying a dim room, then firing on and fleeing from a yellow-eyed, many-armed creature. The monster taunts him from behind the door, "almost singing" the words "I have found you" before the game's title appears on the screen and the trailer ends. OsirisBlack says most of what they were shown was live gameplay rather than a cutscene, and specifically called at the lighting and physics as being "on another level".

There's no way to prove that this is actually a thing and not just OsirisBlack describing a dream they had the other night, or something. Their previous history with leaks helps lend this one some credence, but it's still worth taking with several grains of salt. Honestly, the most interesting part to me is that Ready At Dawn may still be trying to make The Order franchise work after the first one was so poorly received - I'm always on board for a redemption arc, especially when it involves steampunk Knights of the Round Table fighting monsters.
I loved the first iteration so I am down. Just get rid of the QTE and we got a game to behold of.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Believe none of what your hear and only half of what you see. Sony wouldn't release an ip they own on a direct competitor's system. The Order isn't Minecraft and they aren't Microsoft. If a sequel is greenlit and it is released, I can only see it arriving on PC...unless MS purchased Ready At Dawn and they were working on a follow-up during the acquisition process and Sony sold the rights back to RAD.

The Alien

Banned
I doubt it. While I loved the world. The "game" portion could use some work.

Regardless, I didnt think it sold well enough to put further resources behind a sequel.

Gamesradar is going off next to nothing for this speculation.

Jtibh

Banned
Dont you DARE to bring this tourrete syndrome inducing shit back.

This is the only example where you have to put a bag on her head not to puke and have a good time. In this case the bag should have been on me.

Horrible game. Horrrible.

Now this I don't see happening. While the Order had a TON of potential (and looked amazing) it just wasn't much of a game. I doubt they will revisit it, and I definitely can't see it also being on Xbox.

sinnergy

I hope it’s much better in gameplay as the first, that one was a bore after a couple of hours. I did like the graphical presentation, but hated the smal window because of letter boxing.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Why is OP sourcing gamesradar when you can just point direct to the GAF thread in the first place....come on son, don't encourage this bullshit circle jerk clickathon.
I almost posted this thread earlier today, but then I realized it started here and if OsirisBlack OsirisBlack wanted that kind of attention he could have made a new thread, so I chose not to.

Kupfer

I hope it's true, the game was great, except for one of the last fights inside the cellar. The whole game, I didn't figure out how to use or what blacksight is. I had to switch to easy for this fight to not give up on the game. Later I read that there is this blacksight mechanic ingame which slows down time or something. Would have made things easier to know that!

Oddspeak

Making a thread for an article that just links back to a GAF thread that stays on the front page? C'mon now. :messenger_unamused:

Anyway, based on the description of the trailer Osiris watched and one of the hint riddles "again ready as night turns to day" (paraphrased), it's hard to not think of The Order. I mentioned as much in that very thread. However, I'm keeping my mind open to other possibilities regardless.

Still, while The Order was painfully short and lacked replay value, its setting and ideas were really cool and deserve at least one more chance to hopefully be utilized in a game with a much better structure that actually supports or encourages multiple playthroughs.

I rather have it turn i to a movie. The storyline is good but the gameplay is eh. But damn that world is fascinating down to its weapons.

GymWolf

Gold Member
The world is amazing. The story has potential. The gameplay is eh though. Kind of like the first uncharted.
Story was mediocre at best, like the characters, deep like puddles and pretty stupid in their actions.

Atmosphere and location are the biggest selling point.

Gunplay was actually better than the story, the few occasion where you use it at least...

makaveli60

Please be true, please be true! If it's multiplatform, even better, RAD deserves all the sales they can get. I don't want to get too excited, but the first game is one of my all time favorites, so this would make me buy any console it is being released on.

TBiddy

The Order bombed horribly. There's no chance they make a sequel.

I've always been intrigued by that game. Never had the chance to play it, sadly. I think a lot of the commotion about the letterboxing turned off a lot of people. But the design decision really allowed the developers to push the remaining pixels to an extreme level.

If there's a multiplat sequel, I'm very interested.

Aldo Raine

Neo Member
The world Ready At Dawn created in The Order was amazing and the story was great but short, it just needed a little help on the shooting mechanics. I really hope this rumor is true because I always wanted a sequel and thought it deserved a better fate than to die at the bottom of a $5 bargain basket at walmart.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I hope it's true, the game was great, except for one of the last fights inside the cellar. The whole game, I didn't figure out how to use or what blacksight is. I had to switch to easy for this fight to not give up on the game. Later I read that there is this blacksight mechanic ingame which slows down time or something. Would have made things easier to know that!
I loved that slow down mechanic it looked great too

RAD’s CEO confirmed in a interview they wanted to have the IP but it was not possible.

Read it again.

"In the case of The Order, the developer wanted ownership of the IP but at that time, it wasn’t possible, according to Sams. "

That was 5 years ago man, a lot can change in 5 years.

Top Bottom