The Order: 1886 trademarked by Sony (SCEA)

so it´s a game about the presidential Succession order that was changed in 1886.. you get to play as all the presidents since then.. or not..

September 4 – American Indian Wars: After almost 30 years of fighting, Apache leader Geronimo surrenders with his last band of warriors to General Nelson Miles at Skeleton Canyon in Arizona.

This popped up in another thread a couple of days ago! To quote Dusky:
Not sure if this was posted but SCEE trademarked "The Order" about a month ago.
In that same thread, I did point out that the IP application office used is situated in the Benelux. Basically: Luxembourg, Belgium and the Netherlands.

Now, look at the application language and put 1+1 together, and it all points to Guerilla's new IP.

In that same thread, I did point out that the IP application office used is situated in the Benelux. Basically: Luxembourg, Belgium and the Netherlands.

Now, look at the application language and put 1+1 together, and it all points to Guerilla's new IP.
Good catch. Guess it is the new IP from Guerrilla, not SSM.

Bioshock Infinite already did it. I want a cyberpunk game.

Bioshock Infinite was quasi-steampunk. It was semi-steampunk. It was the margarine of steampunk. The Diet Coke of steampunk. Just one calorie, not steampunk enough. Plus it was restrained by being primarily a shooter. I want a full-fledged steampunk adventure in the mold of something like Shenmue or L.A. Noire. The likelihood of this newly trademarked project being something along those lines is slim to none of course, but a man can dream.

Cyberpunk? Remember Me is out in June don't forget (no pun intended).

Good work. I'm really interested in GG new IP.

Interesting.

Nice, must be GG's rumored RPG

Is it possible there are two games ? The Order, by Guerrilla Games, and some kind of spin-off (Vita game?) called The Order: 1886 developed by an American studio under the SCEA umbrella ? Just trying to understand why both trademarks aren't exactly the same.

Is it possible there are two games ? The Order, by Guerrilla Games, and some kind of spin-off (Vita game?) called The Order: 1886 developed by an American studio under the SCEA umbrella ? Just trying to understand why both trademarks aren't exactly the same.
normally Vita games are listed like this:

Computer game software; Electronic game software for handheld electronic devices; Video game software
so ... nope.

Could simply be scea thinking the title is too bland so they add the year subtitle

"The Order" is a cool name and I love the year variable for the inevitable sequels that can jump in any direction (further into the past or into the future).