• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 vs The Last of Us Part II graphics (Location spoilers!)

Which game has better visuals? (Not better technically, only visuals!)

• Total voters

makaveli60

Ever since playing The Order 1886 I have been waiting for something to surpass it visually. Uncharted 4 and a couple of other games came quite close but I felt nothing has surpassed its CG-movie like graphics yet. But with the just released The Last of Us Part II I feel it might have finally happened or at the very least they matched it. Keep in mind that I'm talking sheer visuals in here, nothing else, I know that taking everything into account TLoU2 and many other games are technically superior but the only thing that matters here now is the visuals only. I brought a couple of my own screenshots, mostly indoors because outdoor areas are very different in the two games and I felt it's easier to compare the indoor locations.

The Order 1886

yWt7bXsG_o.jpg

VUSOL4sq_o.jpg

wpBjO48s_o.jpg

WiSSfn2O_o.jpg

A3I4Cc8F_o.jpg

U9d8v5Qu_o.jpg

24WR4fOz_o.jpg

ztL4DEab_o.jpg

rtyeipoM_o.jpg

YC6D3jPQ_o.jpg

CaKh7tM5_o.jpg

RJCsi45R_o.jpg

Z3WGZOZO_o.jpg

The Last of Us Part II

uasxig67_o.jpg

LISPmCOm_o.jpg

lZrbukRJ_o.jpg

aH3ZRorx_o.jpg

RD6v3SZ2_o.jpg

V49jPgnl_o.jpg

TyHNooDa_o.jpg

WRI4mpFg_o.jpg

qrAmLzCp_o.jpg

1LznqUVJ_o.jpg

Bcpc78tV_o.jpg
fkXe3E0j_o.jpg

Please forget your personal opinions about the games and just rate the visuals!

Last edited:

Stuart360

The Last of Us 2 just takes it for me. Very similar art style, similar type of graphics, but i think LAO2 looks just a shade more detailed. And The Order has those awful borders that i hate. They really should of given you the option to remove them if you wanted, although that probably would of effected framerate.

shubik

Both games sure look fantastic and The Order deserves praise for how early on in the PS4 cycle it released. But comparing those two is ridiculous. Especially if you see both titles in motion. Also, let´s not forget the scope difference in both titles...

For me personally The las of Us 2 is the first game where I had several moments where it crossed the uncanny valley. There is something about the animation of the figures and the lighting that makes it look like real life. Absolutely incredible work by ND.

Last edited:

Sony

Nintendo
Red Dead Redemption 2 on Xbox One X takes the graphics cake for me.

The Order is gorgeous and was a great graphics showcase but they did need to black bar a third of the screen to achieve that.

Does is matter what they did to achieve it? The black bars aren't distracting and fit the atmosphere. If the visuals 'within' the black bars are better than other games, so what?

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

The Order still looks incredible, but we're talking about a handful of locations and they're not really that big. TLoU2 impressed me a lot more with its vision of post-apocalyptic Seattle, I've made tons of photo mode screenshots along the way.

ZywyPL

Banned
ND's games tend to have a blurry/washed-out textures this generation (which is the exact opposite situation to PS3, where their games shined on that aspect), which hurts their games so much, and it's especially noticeable on the character models. So by that aspect alone TO1886 wins for me. The volumetric lightning has also been toned down in TLoU2 since the trailers, it used to be as good as TO1886, but now it's nowhere near it.

Lordani66

Banned
It's such a shame Pee Sea Mustard Pleb shat so much on The Order to cure their butthurt to the point, the devs really thought gamers didnt like it. And it was pretty good. The locations looked superb.

Crazy how The Order is still unmatched.

The Last of Us Part UI still looks amazing but The Order is still above it in terms of eye candy, even if TLOU2 is at a higher resolution.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I suspect Detroit in its best scenes is the most visually impressive thing on PS4.

Admittedly its doing less in terms of dynamics than most of its competition, but still frequently breathtaking.

Senua

The Order looks like it has vaseline smeared over the screen, the IQ is absolutely shite. It's also not even 1080p. TLOU2 looks miles better.

Larxia

The Order looks like it has vaseline smeared over the screen, the IQ is absolutely shite. It's also not even 1080p. TLOU2 looks miles better.
Well I was just about to say this about TLOU2 because of the film grain ruining the picture, it looks dirty and in lower resolution than it actually is.

makaveli60

Wow, I didn't think this will be the result of the poll. I hope someone from RaD sees this, they deserve the praise after the undeserved shit they received from a lot of morons.

GymWolf

the order is fukin amazing

the world is sick and tired and had enough of zombie game and not enough of werewolf game

Sony listen to us and bring back sir galahad
dude that game has the worst werewolf combat ever and it was like 3 fights against werewolf and the ramaining 2 hours of gameplay against humans.

Airbus Jr

Banned
dude that game has the worst werewolf combat ever and it was like 3 fights against werewolf and the ramaining 2 hours of gameplay against humans.

That can learn to improve that in the next game

Look at the vast improvement from uncharted 1-2 and assasins creed 1-2

Give these guys some chances to learn from their mistakes

Wow, I didn't think this will be the result of the poll. I hope someone from RaD sees this, they deserve the praise after the undeserved shit they received from a lot of morons.
Well, I voted The Order, because I think it has the best visual style of every "realistic" game ever, but this doesn't mean that I think is a very good game overall. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it, but mainly because of the eye-candy

makaveli60

Well, I voted The Order, because I think it has the best visual style of every "realistic" game ever, but this doesn't mean that I think is a very good game overall. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed my time with it, but mainly because of the eye-candy
Sure, clear. It's only about the visuals, nothing else.

GymWolf

That can learn to improve that in the next game

Look at the vast improvement from uncharted 1-2 and assasins creed 1-2

Give these guys some chances to learn from their mistakes
you know how they can improve? give the ip to santa monica or some othe more competent devs from sony portfolio.

uncharted 1 and ac1 in their time period were both far better games than the order.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
you know how they can improve? give the ip to santa monica or some othe more competent devs from sony portfolio.

uncharted 1 and ac1 in their time period were both far better games than the order.

Sorry but i have to disagree with you

Thats like sayin Bethesda should give TES to CDProjectRed because F76 sucks

Everyone have their own ingredients to be sucesfull

Just because the other dev can be sucesfull with their own original ip it doesnt mean they are capable to do somehing theyre not supposed to do

Not to mention its actually becoming an extra burden for them for having to split their own resources to do something totally unknown for them in the first place which will result in crunch time, a dissapointing game..and thus tarnished/damaged their own reputation...

Last edited:

makaveli60

That's very unfair. I understand that it's objectively not that good, but there was nothing in it that they couldn't improve themselves. The gunplay was very solid for example. They deserve another chance. Also don't forget their previous games. Both PSP GoWs are considered very good games.

Top Bottom