• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Original Crash Bandicoot PSX Looks Amazing @ 4K 60fps on PS5...In Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves

ParaSeoul

Hey nice IP from Xbox you've got over there Sony
Season 5 Reaction GIF by The Office

buenoblue

You mean 1440p 60. This is how they get away with tricking people into thinking everything is 4k on ps5 and series x. Do even a modicum of digging and you would know this.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Never bought Crash on PS1, but played it on some sampler disc that came with my system. Couldnt believe how crisp it looked and how smooth it played. It was on another level compared to all the other games on the sampler except Tekken 2 was sweet too.

xion4360

You mean 1440p 60. This is how they get away with tricking people into thinking everything is 4k on ps5 and series x. Do even a modicum of digging and you would know this.
wouldnt the crash bandicoot minigame run at 60 regardless of performance or fidelity mode? I havent checked myself...

EDIT

ok I forgot that the game runs from within the game world and doesnt go to a separate thing like VF5 in judgment for example...so yea it runs at the game framerate.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
It's not actually the original game, they rebuilt that small part of it specifically for U4.

Last edited:

Banned
Which would make a lot of sense as Activision likely owns the original code and ND/Sony would've had to go and get permission (and PAY them) to use it in Uncharted 4.
Activision owns everything about the series, so they will have to pay either way.

Sony never had any rights to the game whatsoever, and Naughty Dog apparently didn't either

Last edited:

omegasc

Who owns 3DO's stuff now?
They sold some IPs to other companies, but Trip Hawkins may still own a lot of them.

Way of the Warrior may still be ND's, even though it was published by Universal. If they ever cared to renew it, that is :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Top Bottom